Sirens-of-Titan

Mitgardia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

... back from a vacation with fresh energy. Good stuff coming up here Soccerkind and Blaze. Glad to see Mitgardia hasn't fallen to complete sleep over the holidays ... :wink:

Hello dear members,

My apologies for being absent the last few weeks; I'm back to building and the next Historica MOC is already in the works. I hope to see more great builds from the Guild. Soccerkid, Blaze, your creations are wonderful and already look like heavy-hitters in the competition. :thumbup:

Do you guys feel like there is enough time or would you want an extension on the deadline?

Also great news on the front of prizes; our custom figures are almost complete. Very soon those of you who won the previews rounds will be the owners of "GoH official minifigures", designed by your Guild Leaders, produced by the top custom printers and fabricators in the industry and placed at your doorstep as reward for doing well in GoH! :wink:

Let's make Mitgardia proud!

Can't wait to see how the custom figures came out, hope someone will be posting a photo. :classic:

I would love a deadline extension. This challenge is so fun but so much to do, I would hate to not submit.

Not very far at the moment; lots of work from my schooling. I'm not sure if I'll be able to enter on time, but if I don't I will probably still make it a free build. :classic:

I would love an extension to the challenge 3 deadline!!! I want to get something submitted, but the difference between feeling I have to get it done and work all hours vs enjoying the hours that it takes to build it is definitely an extended deadline :tongue:

I am building an air shrine. The dainty building is meant to be light and cloud-spun, a perfect complement to our air crystal but its location and its guardian bring the ominous in.

I have a question. Are we meant to do a starting MOC too? I can see others have done moc after moc telling the story in many scenes. I am having an anxiety bout! feeling severely disadvantaged and discouraged. Epic I can do, fast however - not in my lexicon :laugh:

Edited by Cara

Greetings from Kaliphlin. I would like to congratulate you all on the amazing stuff that you've been turning out.

SOT: I don't need any more time (I just have to get all my pictures up), but I think there are a lot of people who need an extended deadline to be able to enter.

Cara: Making more than one MOC is not necessary, I'm sure if the air shrine looks good you will have just as much chance :classic:

@Cara: As soccerkid said, no need for any starting MOC's you can go straight to the challenge.

If you all think an extension will be good, we'll allow it. :thumbup:

It doesn't matter to me if a couple of days/weeks will be added, my entry is as good as finished. But if other members are struggling with the deadline, it is Okay with me.

I just posted my first part of Challenge 3!

I also had a little question: I used one of my free builds (or what I wanted to use as a free build) in my challenge 3, the cabin, but can I also post it as a free build, because you barely see it and I only really used it as a filler...

Sirens do you know the answer to my question perhaps or an other member?

And I also hope someone is going to post some pictures, those custom minifigs really sound cool! :thumbup:

I could certainly use another week, as I'm traveling this coming week. But I also understand how that might be a bit unfair to those who've gotten their builds done earlier. Or maybe it gives them more time to refine their entries.

Another week or preferably two would be good.

No series of story mocs for me but I will get this thing done and entered. Its past the point of no return now and I need to see what I planned come into a finished product otherwise everything that come before seems a waste!

I've done most of the truely fun bits though - those bits where you have a vision but don't know if it will be workable in bricks and you sit there and fiddle into the wee hours :wub: . Now I just have to combine all those bits into the moc.

Another week or preferably two would be good.

No series of story mocs for me but I will get this thing done and entered. Its past the point of no return now and I need to see what I planned come into a finished product otherwise everything that come before seems a waste!

I've done most of the truely fun bits though - those bits where you have a vision but don't know if it will be workable in bricks and you sit there and fiddle into the wee hours :wub: . Now I just have to combine all those bits into the moc.

Who are we to get in the way of inspired creations? There's probably going to be at least a week added, we have to agree on it and will make an announcement as soon as there is consensus. Until then, keep that imagination flowing! :thumbup:

@Cara: As soccerkid said, no need for any starting MOC's you can go straight to the challenge.

If you all think an extension will be good, we'll allow it. :thumbup:

We support extension :)

In those 15 days we will not make any raids to the surrounding lands, as we will be busy building (but then again, can you believe a word of a Drow?:)

Anyhow, those extra two weeks would be GREAT :) I must say that I've started building before a week or so because of a lot of real world work :( so I've spent first month doing nothing when lego is in question. For me personally, two more weeks mean another tower, another colossal bridge and 50% increase in heavenly garden :) (In details, not in size :); Also, it would possibly mean arrival of white bricks, and clouds :)

Also for me 2 weeks extension would be great as I have to start with it and I have also a lot of work for college :/

I wanted to start 2 weeks ago, but I was the whole week sick and last week I was visiting one of my parents, but there is no LEGO :(

But I got a plan in mind, so that's already a start :D

I wouldn't say no to an extension to Challenge 3...I am hoping to be completed by the deadline but I think I could do more with an extra week or two. I would say that 2 weeks should be the maximum extension to avoid any unfairness.

I wouldn't say no to an extension to Challenge 3...I am hoping to be completed by the deadline but I think I could do more with an extra week or two. I would say that 2 weeks should be the maximum extension to avoid any unfairness.

I wouldn't say no too, but knowing myself a bit. I will still be building most of the challenge a day or two before the deadline. Altough I also struggle with a serious lack of time I think almost two months for this challenge is surely enough! But I wouldn't mind if it will be extended with a week or so.

btw, my guardian is ready! :sweet: So now I will need to build a surrounding, but I think I will focus more on free-builds!

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Attention Guild members!

Due to the scale and complexity of Challenge 3, and the great number of builders who need more time to finish their entrees, we are officially extending the deadline for Challenge 3 by 2 weeks.

This is a one-time only extension that we give because we want to see everyone at their best.

If you have already submitted, take this as an opportunity to refine your design, or focus on free builds instead; the choice is yours!

The new deadline is now May 12th 2012.

Thank you for your hard work!

-The Guild Leaders

The new deadline is now May 12th 2012.

Thank you for your hard work!

-The Guild Leaders

My guardian and I thank you!

7082230261_f48dac3c2b.jpg

Ooooooh :oh: Very nice guardian.

A question to fellow Mitgardians, what should I build for my next free build? I would like to start work on it soon but am not sure what to build.

I thought about doing the village Sir Glorfindel rules, but would only be able to do one house at a time. So any ideas or input would be appreciated :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

My guardian and I thank you!

strong and cudly in the same time ;) love it :)

Ooooooh :oh: Very nice guardian.

A question to fellow Mitgardians, what should I build for my next free build? I would like to start work on it soon but am not sure what to build.

I thought about doing the village Sir Glorfindel rules, but would only be able to do one house at a time. So any ideas or input would be appreciated :classic:

Maybe you could build a port? I haven't seen many ports with ships (atleast not mitgardian, gabe's was awesome). Or some sort of barracks or training grounds for the mitgardian army? Think creative! Most of my inspiration (at the moment) comes from skyrim and game of thrones, so everytime I'm having a loss of inspiration I look at some concept art or pictures from them. They both are great sources of inspiration, especially for mitgardian builds I think.

@Blaze: Maybe should should check the moc index before you say things like that there aren't any Mitgardian port mocs!! I build a port, although it was for the embassy challenge and thus situated in Kaliphlin, it's still a port by a Mitgardian builder:

sscn0643.jpg more pics here

I also had a coastal landscape containing a shipyard:

sscn0468.jpg more pics here

and then last but not least there is Ecclesiastes' Ondylion harbor moc here

Some of us have already been really buisy bringing Mitgardia to live. :wink:

@Soccerkid: I think it'd be really cool if you could build some house for Valholl. I only consider my two mocs a start, more should be added, and it'd be really great if we could turn this into our community build. I think SOT has mentionend something like this before, so why not just do it?

Edited by kabel