danthaman11

MOC: Gas Station

Really an awesome gas station. A typical danthaman 11 design: great color scheme, very neat, shiny and extremely well shaped - just like your cars. I like it a lot. :thumbup:

Hey! :laugh:

I just want to say: amazing job DanthaMan! The colour blocking is superb, using dark red injust the right number of places, to add a realistic touch. It's so clean and shiny! :wub: The angles are just the cherry on top. I also like the use of Octan, insted of some rreal-world brand. Keeping' it Lego! :grin:

Great job, and this would make a great set!

Dakar

I just want to say that I really like your MOC.

Maybe there nothing really spectacular nor extravagent, but this is why your moc is so great.

The design is very smart, pure smooth and elegant.

I really like this clean aspect, which brings out the nice details (the flowers, the bricks on walls...). And the colors are well chosen, with a nice unity. Dark red goes very well with the Octan color scheme.

And last but not least, the small details which gives the ultimate touch and making your moc not "austere", is that the pumps are put at an angle : the better way to make the clean aspect clean without being too straight and giving a nice touch of stle and design, like a stande alone creation.

Very well done :thumbup:

This is the nicest LEGO gas station I have ever seen! Super well done! I hope that TLG sees this :)

Wow! Thank you all for the kind comments and positive feedback. I am glad you all like my gas station design.

Fantastic job 'dtm11'. The stickers came out great and the horizontal pumps are a really nice. It's a great feature to have, I decided to make the entrance to my car dealer offset as well. I love the exterior brick work and using the 'Octan' colors. Much better looking than Exxon or 7/11. Keep up the great builds default_classic.gif

Thanks. One of my local gas station has their pumps on a diaganol so thats where I got the idea from. I wanted to keep the pumps on a 32 by 32 baseplate and going diaganol was a way to maximize space for the cars to be abe to fit and drive through.

Excellent modular gas station that doesn't require a lot of space! :thumbup:

Thanks. I tried to keep it from being too big so it would fit in well with the modular buildings but I'm thinking of building one on a 48x48 baseplate someday.

Very Nice Build!

You did a great job with the custom stickers as well, it looks really "real".

PS: I hope the price is for gallons and not liters...default_tong.gif

Thanks. Yes the price is in gallons not liters but I live in California and with rising gas prices the price is already not accurate for my area.

Edited by danthaman11

Amazing MOC. I like the photo of the gas station with cars. Everything looks great. Well done.

What else to other than; simply perfect! Everything just make sense. The custom stickers are a neat touch. :thumbup:

I would buy it too. The crispness of the design is unparalleled. you should definitely put this on Cuusoo. Amazing build!

Thanks RunnersDad.

Amazing MOC. I like the photo of the gas station with cars. Everything looks great. Well done.

Thanks solta.

What else to other than; simply perfect! Everything just make sense. The custom stickers are a neat touch. :thumbup:

Thanks zenn. Glad you like the custom stickers.

Great job! I have the idea for the perfect addition if you can find the tanker parts. Chrome Octan Tanker

Thanks Oran. Very nice tanker truck. I like the chrome with the octan logo. I have seen the chrome tanker parts in bricklinks catalog and they are pretty rare and hard to get. Too bad Lego did not keep those parts in production.

Perfect design for a street corner. There's a petrol gas station just like that near my home. :thumbup:

WOW Outstanding gas station danthaman11! The detail is great - especially the slanted pumps, and the brick work around the sign and store.

I would add a suggestion - maybe finish off the top roof of the store and overhang of the pumps. You're creation would be stud-free!

This piece comes in great for smooth finishing:

(8x16 tile - 48288)

48288.png

An AC unit or satellite dish would be perfect additions to the store roof.

Great MOC once again.

Very nice design. I love the red brick combined with the white. Any more pictures of the interior? It looks like there are a few items of interest stacked along the walls and in the coolers.

Thank you Bricktown, brickmack, Mr. Elijah Timms, Brickenhead-town-dweller, and TheLegoDr for the kind comments!

WOW Outstanding gas station danthaman11! The detail is great - especially the slanted pumps, and the brick work around the sign and store.

I would add a suggestion - maybe finish off the top roof of the store and overhang of the pumps. You're creation would be stud-free!

This piece comes in great for smooth finishing:

(8x16 tile - 48288)

48288.png

An AC unit or satellite dish would be perfect additions to the store roof.

Great MOC once again.

Thanks legomaniac83 for the compliments and the suggestions. Roof tiling sounds interesting, I don't know if the 8 x 16 tile would fit right but something to think about for future builds.

Thanks legomaniac83 for the compliments and the suggestions. Roof tiling sounds interesting, I don't know if the 8 x 16 tile would fit right but something to think about for future builds.

I like the studs. Many gas stations have tar or gravel on the roof and the studs represent that well.

What else can I say that hasn't been said? This piece is superb in many many ways. Big fan of the brick work. The most attractive thing in that MOC is that gas price, though :cry_happy:

I like the studs. Many gas stations have tar or gravel on the roof and the studs represent that well.

Exactly what I was thinking. Studless is nice, but leaving some of them on show helps retain the Lego feeling :)

Edited by L@go

I saw this on eBay today. Buy It Now price is up there, yikes! In all honesty, I'd buy it if only I had the cash. And, with all the '12 stuff. Good luck with the sale. :thumbup:

Erm...don't know what happened there with the double post. Sorry. :sadnew::look:

Edited by Legocrazy81