Klaus-Dieter

2013 Lone Ranger Sets

Somehow I'm a Lone Ranger fan from the 70s too, and even though I'm not that excited about the movie, I like the look of these sets. I think I'm most interested in the cavalry and Comanche sets. Can't wait to see what they are.

I was lucky enought to get 2 lego-sets fromm my brother that are from the orignal Western-series, so I'm really glad that I'm getting a chance to add to that a little :-)

This teaser pic does look cool, but this theme will be a flop just like Prince of Persia, Pirates of the Caribbean, Toy Story.....

We just don't care about that. This is the typical series that gets only one release and what we get is new Western stuff, new minifigs, probably some great sets. And if this flops, we might even get it for cheap. Cheap parts packs for us. We can't really loose here anymore, it's a win / win for us fans.

2ist6a8.png

They should really have added sideburn to his face print, the looks alot more accurate and less bald when it shouldn't be the case.

Real actor picture from movie LINK

Edited by deskp

Is it just me or does that dark tan bush look smaller than the normal ones? I thought the existing bush element was about minifig height. Whatever, the new hat, gun and cattle skull are very nice. Don't like the look of Tonto but everything looks grand.

Is it just me or does that dark tan bush look smaller than the normal ones? I thought the existing bush element was about minifig height. Whatever, the new hat, gun and cattle skull are very nice. Don't like the look of Tonto but everything looks grand.

It's not smaller its just how its scaled on this image.

It's not smaller its just how its scaled on this image.

Perhaps. I just checked and the actual bush is indeed minifig height. Just seems odd to resize an existing element for an image. Normally Lego keep everything to scale.

Why on earth is this in the lisenced section and not in the History section.

All other wild west stuff in in the history section. If LOTR should be in history then so should this.

lisenced already got TMNT, marvel + DC super heroes while history only got lotr + hobbit, I know one of the arguments for having lotr be in history was the fact that lisenced forum already was too busy.

Besides.... the western fans should already be "hanging out" in the history forum.

The Lone Ranger is a licensed theme, so it's here. The only exceptions of Licensed themes not in this forum are LOTR/Hobbit and POTC. These were not because the Licensed Forum was busy but because at the time they replaced themes from the other forums and if they were not put there those forums would have no new sets to play around with.

There was a lot of staff discussion about this and the decision was not made lightly. But the decision has been made.

The "western fans" (which a lot of us from all over EB count themselves as) can hang out wherever they want to. It's not like we built an impassable fence between forums. Licensed is only a click away.

That teaser image looks great. :wub:

All the new parts will be much welcomed. Except for maybe the new revolvers, I am not really a fan of those. If all the set names turn out to be well executed, I might have to buy every set from this theme. Very exciting, and hopefully the train will be fantastic. :thumbup:

I can understand how some people feel about the new pistol mould. It looks a little odd in the teaser poster, mainly due to the handle, but I'm really hoping it will look better in real life.

And even if it doesn't, I think it looks okay here and I'm glad we got a new mould.

Great to be getting western again, not so great for fleshie figs but whatever.. :)

If it were only for the fleshy heads I'd say, alright the heck with it, might buy it anyway. But licensed always means one third higher prices. And somehow TLG has a tendency to turn all my favourite topics (e.g. castle and pirates) into licensed ones. In other words, I'd really be angry if they did this to Western as well. And another thing that bugs me extremely is, that all the innovation goes into the licensed topics, e.g. the new horse, the bottles ... I'm very tired of this and I've simply started to refuse paying full price for new sets, which I hadn't done before. I now only buy during sales and I usually put the fleshy heads into a bin where they may never be seen again.

I 100% agree with everything you said there.

I'm surprised to find someone who thinks so similar with me and I feel extremely good to see I'm not alone in this cause.

You know... sometimes I feel like there's something wrong with me. :laugh:

No joking on my side. I really want to get rid of them!

Well, to follow the main topic of this thread, I'm 99% sure I'll get some of Lone Ranger sets because I expect the series to have some very nice pieces, just as POTC.

Regarding POTC, I bought Queen Anne's Revenge for some particular pieces such as "new hull", "Angelica's Hair", "Jack Sparrow's hair", "Blackbeard's Hair", etc... but that's all.

The POTC Series is far worse than LEGOLAND Pirates Theme, so I absolutely had no reason into buy many more sets there.

Back to Lone Ranger Series, I'll probably get the set which includes the most wonderful pieces included in this Series, then I will start to sell the whole " :thumbdown: " such as new horses, new pistols, and of course the FLESHIES. :sick:

I won't even mind how many money I'll get in change. I just don't have enough space to stock such Lego pieces.

About Lone Ranger, I would say a YES as long as you keep the " :thumbup: " and you throw out the " :thumbdown: ".

But of course, I still think that the best result would be if people refuse to buy such sets who copies other franchises, so at the end, they might wake up from this "out of imagination" chapter, and start to create something which is indeed original.

If Lego wouldn't understimate our imagination and creativity, why would we need a character created by Fran Striker in 1933?

Maybe Lego needs 200.000 letters where the fans tell them that we can create our own universe where we play with and we don't need Disney, Marvel, DC to tell us how to play with Lego.

If Lego wouldn't understimate our imagination and creativity, why would we need a character created by Fran Striker in 1933?

Maybe Lego needs 200.000 letters where the fans tell them that we can create our own universe where we play with and we don't need Disney, Marvel, DC to tell us how to play with Lego.

I think you underestimate consumers' own ability to be creative a little bit if you think that people stick to exactly what's given them in a Licensed set. LEGO needs to stay very competitive, and at least in the American market, I can understand why that means a lot of licenses in addition to their very successful original lines. Still, that doesn't mean a kid will get a licensed set and only play with it in terms of the license. They'll tear it apart, be creative, and build stuff. They won't say 'this is a Lone Ranger set in its own Lone Ranger world, I can't combine it with the Hobbit set over there." Licenses provide adults with a huge amount of awesome minifigures and new moulds, and they might sell well to kids because of the license (although with Disney that's not a given), so I don't see the problem.

If the only non-License line left was city, I might agree that there is too much focus on licenses, but that isn't the case. Since Licensed themes provide some awesome sets in styles that LEGO wouldn't choose to produce otherwise, I feel it really is a win-win situation. I can't wait for some Western sets myself.

Yay for more Western-themed Lego! Pity it's licensed, and based on one movie (you can just sense this being a one-wave wonder, like, oh I don't know, Prince of Persia). Here's hoping they make at least one sequel, so that we can all pad out our collections... :cry_happy:

Why on earth would you want the old horse?? Besides the lack of articulation, it just doesn't look near as nice either. I assume we will be getting nothing but new horses in all future sets regardless of the theme so I would get use to them now. Personally I am glad to finally see some more variety with the new horse mold color.

typo. sorry I meant "wasn't" but went back an edited my OP

I can't see the movie doing tremendously well. I'd love for the western genre in movies to rise up again but based on the trailer, this won't be the movie to accomplish that.

Hopefully that means the sets will end up as the clearance bonanza that Prince of Persia was. I bought almost every set from that line because they were so deeply discounted and the parts were quite nice.

I love the look of the Lone Ranger himself. The new cowboy hat looks nice and I can always use another masked face for Super Heroes.

This new Western theme looks very interesting. We'll be able to get lots of western-style sets with new printing and accesories for minifigures. I can't wait. :sweet:

This looks great, thought the Lone Ranger himself looks best (can't say I like tonto), though the figs look a bit cartoonish/kiddish (to me), and the revolvers especially. Dont really like the look of the skull either, maybe it's just from the angle, but that crow looks great! I don't think the hat's the same (which would be great!), and I like the re-use of CMF parts! :thumbup: So far, this theme is looking good... hoping it does as bad as PoP though!

The trailer looks surprisingly dark and grim. I would have suspected a more humourous tone.

I personally think PotC 3 was the pirate movie to end all pirate movies. It took everything the theme has to offer, used it to the max and ironically deconstructed it at the same time. Making a pirate movie after that is almost impossible. I wonder if The Lone Ranger will do that to Western movies although I doubt it.

About the sets: A white horse will be very welcome. Besides that i wonder what it will offer nature-wise. Deserts are a bit empty, are they not. Anyway, I of course hope for some new spear or bow moulds although I don't believe in it. Maybe printed horses will be seen, Those could be used for other themes. For example the old Indians horses are quite nice and the black PoP horse is also beautiful.

Yah for new pieces but :sick: for licensed. Hopefully most of the torsos don't have flesh on them.... And I love the look of the new pistol! :thumbup:

Also the link stopped working for me :hmpf_bad:

Why on earth would you want the old horse?? Besides the lack of articulation, it just doesn't look near as nice either. I assume we will be getting nothing but new horses in all future sets regardless of the theme so I would get use to them now. Personally I am glad to finally see some more variety with the new horse mold color.

I wish TLG would have kept the old horse a little longer since I have 30+ old style horses and I don't like the look of the old and new horse together, since I can't afford to change out all my old horses for new ones and the Kingdoms heard armor doesn't work on the new horse, but oh well, on MOCs with horses that don't use barding or horse head armor the new horse works great.

For every person that hates Licensed themes, another comes around and loves them. I, for one, loves Licensed themes. They bring about some awesome figures, great printing, new pieces, etc. I love the new horse mold. I hated it at first, but the more I look at it the more I like it. It looks so much more realistic than before. I don't particularly care for the rearing up feature but it is neat nonetheless. I don't mind the Licensed skin tones, it does add variety, but I don't mix yellow/Licensed together. But looking back at older SW or Harry Potter yellow figures, they look horrendous compared to the newer Licensed skin tones.

With all of that said, seeing that teaser site, it makes me really want these sets. I wanted to buy them when I first heard about the sets, but now that I see how awesome the figures will be, I will definitely pick them up. New Western is great, although it may be hard to mix in with the existing theme. Not all of the figures have skin tone showing, so those could work to swap.

Everyone keeps talking about it flopping like John Carter or PoP, but I don't see it that way. I don't think it will be a runaway success and be a mainstay. I have no idea if they will make a sequel, but I'd think the first wave will be quality. I will have to give up summer SW to make up for this wave I would imagine.

And I like the new pistol and skull piece. Those will be great additions.

But if I'm wrong and it flops, then we will still get some discounted sets with some great new pieces, so win-win really.

I'm surprisingly excited about this theme! I've always had a slight interest for western stuff, but never had the urge to try to buy any of the older stuff. But these figures look really amazing, and I bet the sets will be really cool too. It seems like not many people have mentioned the new, more accurate revolver mold.

Also, people seem worried about whether this will be a flop or one wave theme. To me, since it is based only one film, they don't need to make any more than one wave. That being said, this movie, while being produced by Bruckheimer, is also being directed by Gore Verbinski, who did the first three POTC films. So, with that in mind, sequels are a possibility, but whether or not LEGO still has their Disney license will determine if we get sets. But, I really doubt that the license with Disney will go away any time soon.

I didn't read anything on here, but the site has been taken down. LEGO put it up too early and got in trouble with Disney. :tongue:

-Sci