Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

No I wanted a Knight Character Creation I could go by. For Example: Power, Level, the whole outline, etc. I already have my Character Photo and know what my Character looks like. :classic:

Ohh... In that case:

heroicarules9.jpg

And you start out with a shield with SP of 2.

Edited by Bricksandparts

No, your post was directly attacking my opinion, i'm not amused.

Would you like me to break it down for you?

Yeah, Tolkein is far from the best writer [Sarcasm], that's probably why his books are in the top five bestselling of all time {Statement], have been made into amazing blockbusters{Statement}, are taught in schools accross Britain {Statement}, and now LEGO has a contract to make sets of them {Statement}. And they sure as hell are dated, and in no-way appeal to the modern audiance. No-one reads that stuff, and I have absolutely no idea why people would want to buy LEGO Lord of the Rings.[Sarcasm]

But let's not turn this into an argument, but seriously, even Heroica RPG takes a lot of inspiriation from LotR, if it was that bad, then why are our fantasy imaginations so rooted in his world?{Statement}

So two out of six points you can call opinion if you wish. Whatever makes you happy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the line. The argument ends here. Don't knock the argument over the line please.

:classic:

Wait, he's an elf?!? Let me check...

Wel, other elves have had facial hair in Heroica (Amorith), but mine is the only one with a long beard. I've explained his reasonings for it IC, butno worries, the long beard will be gone once he hits Evoker. :wink:

Yeah, he's a human:

32 years old male human

And please check your spelling before doing a rush post.

Good lord, B&P. At least follow your own advice before you make yourself look like a jack***.

K-Nut's Amorith:

Althior Emorith (And Finnegan) Level 17.5 Sage, 32 years old male human

Kadabra's Arasmyth:

Arasmyth RuGard, Level 11 male elf

megablocks, I stated I think Tolkien's work is outdated and not the best. I can have that opinion, we both live in countries where we can have our own opinions. It was an OPINION, not a statement, not an attack or anything along those lines. Of course I am aware it is considered the best Fantasy work out there, and that it is held in high regard. Frankly, I think everyone should own copies of his work, if only to know the roots of Fantasy novels. BUT, I did not enjoy the books as much as I have other fantasy literature, perhaps it's a translator thing, but still: I IT IS MY OPINION. Your attack on that is completely uncalled for and out of place.

megablocks, I stated I think Tolkien's work is outdated and not the best. I can have that opinion, we both live in countries where we can have our own opinions. It was an OPINION, not a statement, not an attack or anything along those lines. Of course I am aware it is considered the best Fantasy work out there, and that it is held in high regard. Frankly, I think everyone should own copies of his work, if only to know the roots of Fantasy novels. BUT, I did not enjoy the books as much as I have other fantasy literature, perhaps it's a translator thing, but still: I IT IS MY OPINION. Your attack on that is completely uncalled for and out of place.

I thought we ended this? Don't post anymore on this, it really isn't necerssary.

K-Nut's Amorith:

It's Althior Emorith for Pete's sake! :tongue:

I thought we ended this? Don't post anymore on this, it really isn't necerssary.

Right, because you can attack my opinion and then tell me to shut up. Get real.

Right, because you can attack my opinion and then tell me to shut up. Get real.

Alright, third party stepping in here. Stop or I'm reporting both of you. Seriously, this is completely useless. At least duke it out in a PM.

While it would be nice to have a consistent opinion on this, I don't think their needs to be a rule about it. Remember though, there is no right or wrong answer.

Yes, it would save a lot of confusion. :sweet:

Of course, though maybe in someone's character bio, they put how many human years or something.

I agree with the first part of your post, but the second half is a bit off in my opinion. Let's not forget, that acording to the works of Tolkein (who pretty much invented good fantasy literature and stands as one of the best authors of all time) Elves have no lifespan, they simply live on untill they catch disease or are killed, and never look older than about 60. Elrond is over 4000 years-old yet has neither beard nor wrinkles. ]

Woah, I never new that. Thanks for the info.

What? He said Amorith is an elf.

Because he is. :wink:

Amorith Marvelo (played by legobodgers)

~ 324 years old male elven Mage

Alright, third party stepping in here. Stop or I'm reporting both of you. Seriously, this is completely useless. At least duke it out in a PM.

Thank-you. :classic:

In other news. Who is Amorith? I only know of Althior Emorith and Arasmyth RuGard.

EDIT: Oh. I remember him now. Thanks K-Nut. :classic:

Edited by Scorpiox

In other news. Who is Amorith? I only know of Althior Emorith and Arasmyth RuGard.

Amorith Marvelo in the Heroes Gallery. :wink:

Oh jeez, maybe I'm the one who needs to check himself. It's too early for this nonsense! I apologize B&P, I completely goofed that on every level. :blush:

Because he is. :wink:

Thanks, was it really that confusing? I'm pretty sure I spelled that right, B&P... :look: But yeah, Amorith had a beard or goatee or whatever too, his was just printed on the face and not a separate piece.

Thanks, was it really that confusing? I'm pretty sure I spelled that right, B&P... :look: But yeah, Amorith had a beard or goatee or whatever too, his was just printed on the face and not a separate piece.

No, it's just not an easy thing to remember 70 some heroes and their names. When I heard Amorith, I didn't think of Amorith, I thought of Emorith.

"-- and this has to stop! Too many of our brothers and sisters are suffering slavery and torture for crimes their ancestors committed, and even us who are free have to endure ridicule and oppression on a daily basis. We have tried the path of negotiation, we have pleaded for compassion, we have prayed for a salvation. The change is just too slow; we have to take matters in our own hands!"

"Yeah!!!" the crowd cheered....

Yay! The Orc Liberation Movement finally moves forward, I wonder if Skrall's brothers are nearby. :look:

"KU-KUL-KAN!!! KU-KUL-KAN!!! KU-KUL-KAN!!!"

*huh* Oh snap! It's the KKK! Sorta. :look:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

*huh* Oh snap! It's the KKK! Sorta. :look:

Haha, I didn't even realize that connection! :tongue: My own references elude me...

The name of the leader of the orcish rebels is Kukulkan, though, the crowd was just chanting it.

Haha, I didn't even realize that connection! :tongue: My own references elude me...

The name of the leader of the orcish rebels is Kukulkan, though, the crowd was just chanting it.

Well, you're Finish, so I can see how that's not the first thing to pop into your mind, but I doubt any American United Statesian will look at that and think... "Hey, Mayan mythology!" :laugh: I do commend you on your reference though! I just thought you were making a comment on violent race driven movements. :blush: Also, it kind of surprised me that you'd make the oppressed the KKK as opposed to the other way around, but that's obviously not what you were going for.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Who knew that Guts was even remotely noble. :tongue::thumbup:

I literally squeeled when this roleplay oppertunity presented itself. :sweet:

I literally squeeled when this roleplay oppertunity presented itself. :sweet:

Yet you made Guts look more like a hypocrite than noble. :tongue:

"If you shed blood, I will kill you all!" :laugh:

Good luck taking on the entire orcish population in Eubric. :wink:

Yet you made Guts look more like a hypocrite than noble. :tongue:

"If you shed blood, I will kill you all!" :laugh:

Good luck taking on the entire orcish population in Eubric. :wink:

Guts has a weird view of things: he will do anything to protect those who are in his eyes innocent, step over the line for a second, and you are fair game. Not saying Guts is noble, far from it, and many of his views are twisted, but he has some conviction, at least.

And the orcs kinda contradict themselves, they say they won't burn the city to the ground, yet they will need to use violence? Everyone knows street riots always involve fire.