XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

It looks more like a MOC to me, but I can't be certain.

Yea that's an MOC.

Man, I cant wait to see this Rancor pit this week end. It will be released in 2013 as one of the 20 Star Wars Lego sets for the 2013 line up. I want it so bad even before I see the set. :drool::excited:

Here is Lego's press release thanks to our friends @ FBTB.net

Sorry already posted a few pages back but here again.

Edited by wokajablocka

Man, I cant wait to see this Rancor pit this week end. I hope it's a late release for 2012 line up, I want it so bad even before I see the set. :drool::excited:

Here is Lego's press release thanks to our friends @ FBTB.net

Aw man, now I can't wait for Thursday, Friday, or Saturday! I love LOTR, Superheroes, and SW. Thank goodness I'll be off vacation to watch EB on those days. :laugh:

:excited: :excited: :excited: -That's me right now.

2013 sounds like such a great year for Lego, and we haven't even seen any pictures yet. :excited:

The rancor pit set is going to be awesome. :wub_drool:

Try to contain some of the excitement or LEGO will catch a whiff of it and boost the price of it by 25%. I'm looking at you Haunted House!!

Try to contain some of the excitement or LEGO will catch a whiff of it and boost the price of it by 25%. I'm looking at you Haunted House!!

You ever imagine 1000 teen girls containing themselves in front of Justin Bieber?

Can't see this is much different :tongue:

OMFG a rancor pit set OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! ..........With it being revealed this early may be it will be an exclusive set similar to the endor set in terms of pieces and mini figures and be available for christmas of this year. Finally Lego is listening to their fans and my bank account.

Hmm, interesting news. I can't really visualise a Rancor Pit set in the context of Jabba's Palace. Perhaps it'll be a half-enclosed thing which you can connect to the underside of 9516?

I hope it'll have some connection to the set, rather than being a standalone thing. It'd also give the trapdoor in Jabba's Palace a proper function.

Hmm, interesting news. I can't really visualise a Rancor Pit set in the context of Jabba's Palace. Perhaps it'll be a half-enclosed thing which you can connect to the underside of 9516?

I hope it'll have some connection to the set, rather than being a standalone thing. It'd also give the trapdoor in Jabba's Palace a proper function.

Meanwhile, two pages earlier, we see the bottom of the 9516... :

7352556164_ea8282fe0f.jpg

I think Cavegod has it right with the Rancor design, as for how big well there is a lot of scope with the minifig scale to make it fit.

I really can't see it being brick built as the larger things get TLG seem to break out into Toy mode which suits me as I have always

been a fan of their later sculptors.

I can imagine pillars under the palace set with a rocky wall behind them and a Rancor around the size of Jabbas Palace as it sits at

the lower roof top dome.

Any way it comes it's going to be a welcome and sought after set.

I for one am eager to see the pics...

Neat works, but I think cute fits better. :tongue:

I agree, but it cost forty bucks. For 84 pieces? That's a little much.

Not the greatest price to piece ratio...however people will still but it for the tin that says "SDCC 2012 Exclusive".

I just came back from Brickset, and there WILL be a Rancor Pitt next year! :sweet: Meaning

it well probly attach to the bottom of Jabba's palace! :cry_happy: As well as 19 other sets next year. :thumbup:

I noticed TRU.com in the US has the summer Star Wars sets listed. Of course they have the typical TRU mark-up. I'm going to wait until the Lego store gets them and/or Walmart and/or Target.

I noticed TRU.com in the US has the summer Star Wars sets listed. Of course they have the typical TRU mark-up. I'm going to wait until the Lego store gets them and/or Walmart and/or Target.

They are available online from Walmart and Amazon without markup.