Major_Ton

The UCS Hype. What will 2017 bring? (40th Anniversary)

I would like for ships that hasn't have a UCS version like the A-Wing been make. But since it's a anniversary for The New Hope movie, another UCS Y-Wing, Blockade Runner, TIE Advance set would be welcomed.

Eh, what I mean by my previous post is the ships that hasn't been done as a official UCS set, not a MOC.

Thank you captain obvious. :D

The thing is that if Lego doesn't do a UCS A-Wing, it is still possible to get one.

I think Blockade Runner/Tantive IV makes a lot of sense as a 40th Anniversary set. It was the first image on screen post-crawl, hasn't had a system version in 7 years, and the UCS one is now 15 years old. Even the Planet Series version is three years old at this point. It certainly doesn't hurt that Rebels has it/them, either.

Blockade Runner please that gets my vote. I've always loved that ship and its use in ROTS and Rebels allows it to spread throughout the various periods. It's perfect to represent all of the fandom. Also Captain Antilles and the Rebel Soldiers haven't been made in a while so updates are in order. A new Leia would also be welcome with white hood.

I think Blockade Runner/Tantive IV makes a lot of sense as a 40th Anniversary set. It was the first image on screen post-crawl, hasn't had a system version in 7 years, and the UCS one is now 15 years old. Even the Planet Series version is three years old at this point. It certainly doesn't hurt that Rebels has it/them, either.

Hm the Blockade Runner is definitely an interesting idea for an UCS Remake. Its actually pretty amazing how well the UCS Blockade Runner aged, to me it still stands the test of time in its design and overall quality. A mere update for the framework/stability would already be enough in my eyes.

Hm the Blockade Runner is definitely an interesting idea for an UCS Remake. Its actually pretty amazing how well the UCS Blockade Runner aged, to me it still stands the test of time in its design and overall quality. A mere update for the framework/stability would already be enough in my eyes.

Agreed, pretty iconic too as a starwars ship and worthy of a remake, especially if they give it an interior treatment.

A UCS Land Speeder (Luke's X-34) would be a great choice too. It is after all the only vehicle Luke uses not yet in UCS form.

I am really planning that TLG will release something from A New Hope based on the fact that it will be the 40th year since ANH first came out. That being said, if it is indeed from ANH I am hoping for either a remake of the Tantive IV since I really want that set but the dark red wheels are just such a pain, as well as the 52 White Quarter Cylinders, or a UCS cantina, much like the MOCs that have arose in the last few years. While TLG's cantina right now has some cool minifigs, the cantina itself is tiny and I would love to make an official real one. While I feel it will be from ANH, my true wishes are for either a remake of the Snowspeeder, A MASSIVE AT-AT, or a Kylo Ren Bust (Of course, I mean the helmet, who wants to make Adam Driver's head out of Legos). Based on the fact that they did a Darth Maul Bust and it looked really cool, I think they could make an awesome Kylo Ren one as well. Yes Kylo Ren's mask is no where near as creative as a red Darth Maul face, but hey, it would be pretty cool, especially if we got chrome pieces with it :grin:

I am really planning that TLG will release something from A New Hope based on the fact that it will be the 40th year since ANH first came out. That being said, if it is indeed from ANH I am hoping for either a remake of the Tantive IV since I really want that set but the dark red wheels are just such a pain, as well as the 52 White Quarter Cylinders, or a UCS cantina, much like the MOCs that have arose in the last few years. While TLG's cantina right now has some cool minifigs, the cantina itself is tiny and I would love to make an official real one. While I feel it will be from ANH, my true wishes are for either a remake of the Snowspeeder, A MASSIVE AT-AT, or a Kylo Ren Bust (Of course, I mean the helmet, who wants to make Adam Driver's head out of Legos). Based on the fact that they did a Darth Maul Bust and it looked really cool, I think they could make an awesome Kylo Ren one as well. Yes Kylo Ren's mask is no where near as creative as a red Darth Maul face, but hey, it would be pretty cool, especially if we got chrome pieces with it :grin:

I highly doubt a UCS Cantina. Not only is the latest system cantina not that old and would "colide" with a similar UCS playset Cantina, but also because the Cantina itself is just not that spectacular. Sure its one of the most iconic Star Wars Scenes, but its not really fascinating from a design perspective. Even as a high budget playset its not that good since its onlys 2 scenes (compare that to the Death Star and its numerous scenes in both Ep. 4 and 6).

In terms of Remakes, as long as Lego doesnt perfrom a design miracle with durability and stability, I wouldnt get my hopes up for a UCS AT-AT. But as far as I know at least the Snowspeeder is already a confirmed/secure rumour for UCS this year.

..... I am going to throw a guess out and say that we will see a new ISD for the 40th. It has to be something with a large piece count. Outside chance of an AT-AT.

Edited by neoconagenda

How about a UCS based upon a concept model from A New Hope? The original model for the Millennium Falcon became the Rebel Blockade Runner after some refinements were made. Pictures of said model can be found in the book "The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film" by

J.W. Rinzler. It would be really cool way to honor the 40th Anniversary!!!

A UCS Land Speeder (Luke's X-34) would be a great choice too. It is after all the only vehicle Luke uses not yet in UCS form.

Speeder bike?

I hope it's not a speeder bike or the Landspeeder. Being the 40th anniversary, I want something bigger, more iconic and having more meaning to us Star Wars fans (preferably from A New Hope, because, after all, it's the one that started it all).

Like, as others have said, a new Tantive IV or Imperial Star Destroyer.

Well I guess the 2017 UCS releases are full of anticipation :-) A lot of suggestions has been made! At least one OT release is expected, but I really hope Lego will bring us again a 5000+ pieces set. Something that's really, really special! Our patience is being tested!

TIE Bomber!

My wallet would suffer if a Tie Bomber came out. The MOCs of it are already pretty good but no LDD files for any so if TLG released one I would immediately purchase it

Hmmm. What I think 2017 would bring for Star Wars, and of course Lego Star Wars? Well, a UCS Imperial Star Destroyer, complete with a midi scale Tantive IV plus Minifigs similar to 10221 SSD, an up to date UCS Tie Bomber, Hangar bay 94 complete with several minifigs, a UCS Y Wing plus UCS Tie Advanced, Lars Homestead, and The Tosche Station complete with several minifigs.

Edited by AudiBobaR5-D2

The price on an equivalent 10030 ISD, should Lego choose to release one, would be monstrous. At $400 the SSD looks so insignificant next to it, there's no way it'd be a $400 set, and I don't know if Lego is prepared to have $500 sets again.

UCS Jabba's Sail Barge please.

Yes please, as long as Disney get over their 'Leia as a slave' issues.

Perhaps a TFA Falcon.

Yes Yes YES!

I'm hoping they make a UCS episode 7 Star Destroyer The Finalizer. It would make sense, as the old UCS one is in need of an overhaul, and it looks really cool...

Would love it but definitely see this being heavy with ANH sets.

Finalizer, Cloud City or new Falcon. Any of those are good choices. I don't want a UCS star fighter or ATAT.

I could see this being the perfect time to finally give us some cloud city, but unless they do a death star II style build, which parts/scenes will they include?

This makes the most sense to me, as long as they do it properly, with redesigned EpIV Leia, dual colour leg for Threepio, updated rebel fighter from the opening skirmish...