Ecclesiastes

Book II - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

On 8-10-2016 at 11:03 PM, Ecclesiastes said:

Amazing stuff still going on here guys, great job everyone! Apologies for not being that active I'm just really busy with work and building for Legoworld:

29563520464_7e084a52a7_c.jpg

Almost done!

Saw the build today, are there pictures of the whole collab somewhere? it was awesome! You were lunching when I was around, they told me :(

Looking good sk!

A friend of mine helped me last weekend to take some pictures of a freebuild which is also an entry for a contest on Flickr, but ofcourse it is set in mitgardia so I will post it this week. Finally another moc from me haha it has been a while

On 24 October 2016 at 2:24 AM, Blaze said:

Look forward to seeing it :sweet:

Does anyone know of any recent sets good for Mitgardia builds? Got a long awaited trip to a lego store tomorrow and just wondering :classic:

On 25 October 2016 at 10:25 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I just paid for a trip to China, and it was a bit out of my price range :sceptic: But I did get a Pick'a'brick full to the top of useful parts for future builds, and 2 series 16 Minifigures who just happened to be Rangers :grin:

19 hours ago, Blaze said:

Nice to have you back, and great work!

Edited by Legofin2012

@Blaze, here would be my first GoH build compared with my latest: 

8010678894_79028f3e20_z.jpg

29771076072_6ee88ae047_z.jpg

(My photography has sure improved a lot too! :laugh:)

1 hour ago, Blaze said:

...Do any of you guys and girls have pictures of some very old Mocs? I would love to see them! 

Here's what I think was my first. :look:

7662434502_91ac3a88a3.jpg

And my latest:
29017606793_8c61aca942.jpg

(This is one of my latest large ones, but not for GoH.)

I'm not at home right now, but I'll give you soms pre-GoH picd tomorrow!

15 minutes ago, TitusV said:

I'll give you soms pre-GoH picd tomorrow!

Looking forward to this, TitusV!

I don't think I have pictures from before my dark ages. Not that I have really had dark ages yet tho ^^ I can say at least that GoH has improved my building with a few hundred percent

My name is Tyndale,

I thought about joining Avalonia but now I shall join Mithgardia.

I'll sign up my charecter later.

10 minutes ago, Tyndale said:

If you could explain how I can upload pictures for my MOC builds it would help greatly.

You will need to use an image hosting site separate from Eurobricks.  General information can be found here.

I personally use Flickr for my images, which offers 1 terabyte of storage free with a yahoo account.  Explanation on using Flickr is here.  You will need to use BBC code, which is explained in the tutorial.

Some users use Brickshelf for image hosting.  Use of Brickshelf is explained here and here.  I do not have personal experience to help with Brickshelf.

Edited by Slegengr
Added Information

From that hosting site will I then be able to upload my pictures onto GoH (guilds of historica) for other people to see. And will I also be able to use text, like to explain my picture? You have been a great help and I hope you will stick around to see my MOCs. Thank you!

@Tyndale Yes, in the links I gave you should be information on posting the content in Eurobricks' Topics.  For Flickr, you use the BBC code to generate a link to the image that also shows the image in the EB post.  This is explained very well in the Flickr Tutorial, better than I can explain here.

The image links will be added to the text in your EB post as text, but will show up as images when the topic is posted.  You can type above, below, or next to images as you choose (the formatting may take some practice).  If you want to make sure your post will show as you intend, use the "preview" option above each post as you type or edit (it looks like a piece of paper with a magnifying glass over it).  This should allow you to toggle between viewing the post as the creator and viewing the post as it will show in the EB topic after posting.

Thank you Slegengr!

But the Flickr tutorial doesn't really have a tutorial. Most of the images are down and can't be seen. If you could possibly find a way to tell me that would be very, greatly appreciated!!! Thank you for helping a starter like me !

@Tyndale Look at this Flickr Tutorial created by Pandora.  This tutorial will explain how to post images to EB from Flickr, but does not explain how to create a Flickr account or upload images to Flickr.  These items should be pretty self-explanatory if you go to the Flickr webpage and sign up to create an account.