BrickieB

75003 A-Wing: a first look

Thank you for the pictures :thumbup: The new A-wing and its pilot would be a great addition to my Home One set. The pilot's new headgear looks better than the old one in my opinion. One reason I do not like stickers in this case is because it comes without any cardboard backing. It would be disappointing to open a set and discover that the stickers are damaged.

Great effort BrickieB :thumbup:

Cheers

I like the minifigure designs, but I'm irritated that the pilot doesn't match the one in Home One, and that one will needlessly spend a part of one's money on multiple Han Solos and Admiral Ackbars if buying multiples of these (even more so if one already has Home One). Nevertheless, even though I personally don't think an updated Han was absolutely necessary I do appreciate him getting one, and of course the pilot is great. I just wish I could easily get more pilots than "unique individual" characters like Han and Ackbar. If it had to have other minifigures than the pilot, I wish it had come with a Rebel technician (like the previous A-Wings), and/or a "generic" Mon Calamari (or other Rebel) officer instead of the two specific characters it comes with, but oh well.

The ship itself is nicely done, but like nearly everyone else here I do wish it weren't so reliant upon stickers, especially for the cockpit canopy. But these qualms aside, I'd still love to get at least a couple.

Thanks for the preview! This really doesn't seem like a big enough overhaul to warrant a new set, the only things is the Pilot, which is cool and frustrating at the same time since I'll have to Bricklink them.

I took a picture of the alternate faces for the figs (need to do so for the figs in the rancor pit, too... ) Hope you like 'em!

17.jpg

I was already sold before and now I just can't wait. Those figures look gorgeous. Thanks for posting those pics.

02.JPG

Am I the only one that finds the back of this box hilarious? Just wondering.

A pass for me, not even the helmet is worth it, I think.

That A-Wing pilot is :wub: I don't think I am exaggerating when I say that is one of the best designed Lego minfigures I have ever seen. He has printing on his belt for crying out loud! But the amount of stickers, whew :sick:

Thanks 'BrickieB' for your review, nice A-wing, it's the pilot and Han minifigs that make the set pop......be my luck my son will want it for his 13th birthday in May. :laugh:

Does anyone think the pilot is the one from ROTJ that crashes through the bridge of that super star-destroyer that dives into Death Star MkII ? :look::wink:

I took a picture of the alternate faces for the figs (need to do so for the figs in the rancor pit, too... ) Hope you like 'em

Thank you for the pictures!

I don't think TLG will ever make an alternate face for Admiral Ackbar. :p

Pretty decent build for the ship, stickers will be a pain in the butt. Figs look pretty awesome. I still think the Han figs are lacking, there's no side printing for his bloodstripes. I'll probably buy at least 1 if not 2 of these. I hope the Planet series has an A Wing in the future, getting a squadron's worth of A Wing pilots this way is going to be a mite pricey.

Thanks for the preview on this set.

I'm disappointed when I saw the photo of the underside, the model isn't as smooth or sleek as the upper side.

15 stickers to a 177 piece set is a high ratio.

The loss of useful cargo area to the trans-green "engine" part is not good.

Printing on the minifigs are good. Most detailed rebel pilot torso I've seen.

The new B Wing pilots from the planet series have equal levels of detail, and a new helmet as well. This is going ot be a very expensive year for buying minifigs.

Nice enough version of the A-Wing... but I own every A-wing released (and multiples too) and it's not quite a revolution from it's predecessor (like the addition of stickers on the canopy though). The new pilot is ace though - I'll hunt him down on Bricklink.

Not a fan of the ship, though the rear end is quite nice, and I am liking the pilot. The first time I saw something so busy yet everything seems to blend well.

P.S.funny things happen when I try to write bad-a_ _.

Edited by Or2Me2

Very nice set, although I hate so many stickers in it. It would be much better if those images were printed on the bricks.

I built an A wing out of left overs of other mocs and I wont waste this chance to get a new one, eventhough it has so many stickers, I will just store them with all the others, thanks for this first glance.