PsyKater

Users banned

As a lurker for many years, I had read "things" elsewhere about ban happy Eurobricks staff. I'm glad that the policy has been made clear here. Out of curiosity have bans ever been revoked, or are they permanent?

The danish LUG only allows you to post/use your real name (all forums should be like this, imho that is). Not much drama there :wink:

As a very active member on Eurobricks (mainly in the technic forum) I have seen a few people come and go,not just because of that person getting banned but other reasons as well.

The main thing is that EB lives on regardless if a member gets banned,I too read the topic that was linked above....I have to say I was surprised to what the member said,I did not think it was like him.

Perhaps he might get a chance to rejoin EB's in the future,but that is up to the member and staff who do a great job on providing such a great for lego enthusiasts for free.

When I joined two years ago I thought he was like the Godfather of the Technic forum, always being helpful and supportive.

And what about me? :laugh:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

As a lurker for many years, I had read "things" elsewhere about ban happy Eurobricks staff. I'm glad that the policy has been made clear here. Out of curiosity have bans ever been revoked, or are they permanent?

I am aware of people being able to rejoin,but one of the staff members will be able to tell you properly.

Alasdair, you might want to edit that post :wink:

Give me time man... :roflmao:

I am aware of people being able to rejoin,but one of the staff members will be able to tell you properly.

I haven't noticed that?

There have been occasions. Again, if a banned member asked to return and we allowed them and they chose a different username then that would, again, be between us and that member. There may be some people around who were banned and came back to the same account. Stranger things have happened. But guess what?...:look: That would be between the staff and that member. :grin:

There have been occasions. Again, if a banned member asked to return and we allowed them and they chose a different username then that would, again, be between us and that member. There may be some people around who were banned and came back to the same account. Stranger things have happened. But guess what?... :look: That would be between the staff and that member. :grin:

But how does that work? :sceptic: If they are banned, then could they still log-in for limited site functions (such as viewing their profile pages or messaging admins)? Unless if they have contact with you outside Eurobricks, then how do they even request to get their access back if they can't send a message to the administrators and moderators?

And what about me? :laugh:

We'll get around to banning you, just get in the queue and wait your turn like everyone else.

And when we do, we won't discuss it because that's our policy.

:laugh:

http://www.eurobrick...opic=79016&st=0

Read it all and tell me he isn't out of line trashing lego left and right and making a mess of my thread. Sorry if I just broke a rule pointing the finger. Why would you post a topic "where is dluders" in the technic forum? 1. These forums are meant to be educational and recreational 2. Who cares. 5000 posts doesn't mean anything if you have nothing positive to contribute.

I tried to read that 'infamous' thread (on my lunchbreak) but it's gone ... or is the link not working properly?

(Hope I have not messed with the wrath of EB's Deities) ... ;)

Seriously though, rules are there to be respected/upheld ... but we're all humans, and more often we tend to 'err'. Cheers!

Edited by DrJB

That thread has gone to a better place.

Move along,nothing to see here.

Sounds like a cordoned-off police crime scene ... lol

Fair enough, no need for gossip and hearsay in this hobby.

I dont know if its right to ask or not: I've got to know this (former) member:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showuser=14156

During our discussion we also stumbled upon matter of him being banned from Eurobricks. Now, I dont know complete history here, but regarding his todays work and position, would it be possible to rethink his ban? Hee seems serious enough to me, but as I said, I dont know complete story behind it (neither I request that someone explains it to me).

I dont know if its right to ask or not: I've got to know this (former) member:

http://www.eurobrick...?showuser=14156

During our discussion we also stumbled upon matter of him being banned from Eurobricks. Now, I dont know complete history here, but regarding his todays work and position, would it be possible to rethink his ban? Hee seems serious enough to me, but as I said, I dont know complete story behind it (neither I request that someone explains it to me).

Sorry, no comment. We never comment on specifics wrt a banned member.