legomac

The Space Timeline

Interesting stuff here, but I'm a bit skeptical of any real "canon" when it comes to this stuff. When a property is based on a preexisting story, sure (e.g. Star Wars), but it seems like Lego played loose and fast with any kind of storyline. Classic Space set in the 4000s??? Nah...

Personally, I like to think it's more of a "what if" contemporary (or near future) scenario. I mean, CS was pretty much relegated to the Moon, after all, and putting rockets into orbit and what not. I like to think of it being a sort of jumping off point for interplanetary exploration and colonization, which is hinted at a lot more heavily in stuff like Futuron and Space Police, but I think most of these can all co-exist within the same period, except when you get into the "sequels" like Space Police III, etc. But that's just me.

LEGO has indeed played pretty fast and loose with even the notion of a linear timeline, though I would argue that there is enough of an attempt at continuity to make it worth investigating and documenting.

Having looked into it some more, I think there's a lot of evidence to suggest that Classic Space did indeed begin in the near future--a previous post made a pretty good case for a 2079 setting. There are a few promotional comics that show that the gap between Classic Space and Futron is so large that time travel comes into play when characters from one theme visit another.

On the other hand, the solidly Classic Space Captain Indigo character flew Futuron craft in his last appearance, and the Jim Spaceborn comics would have included the Futuron monorail had they continued, so the Classic Space forces were clearly around for some time, maybe even a few thousand years. I'd like to think that Classic Space started out as lunar expeditions in the late 21st century, then evolved into an interplanetary and intergalactic colonization/exploration force. (The text from the 1984 LEGO World Show Guide seems to suggest this.)

Because the governments of the world knew about the aliens and started to prepare for their arrival secretly. :)

The Life on Mars Radio Logs mentioned an attempt at invading Earth in 1938 that was foiled by germ warfare. I'd like to think that was the first action of the ADU. :grin:

TC

The Life on Mars Radio Logs mentioned an attempt at invading Earth in 1938 that was foiled by germ warfare. I'd like to think that was the first action of the ADU. :grin:

TC

Hahaha That's a little crazy, but a great wink wink at War of the Worlds.

Wow, that pdf is pretty cool! I love seeing the large Classic Space station and the other models. This clearly states that Classic Space is the "First Expedition from Earth" which would fit with the antiquated technology and lack of other spacefaring societies until Futuron many years later. However, their stated goal is "to search for and, if possible, contact intelligent life and probe the mysteries of the universe" which conflicts with the fact that humanity has supposedly already seen alien life in Life on Mars, Mars Mission, and Alien Conquest. Maybe they just wanted to find more, which makes it even sadder somehow since the first visible instance of alien contact post-classic space (UFO) happened over a millennium later and long after Classic Space ceased to exist. Space is a big empty place.

Perhaps the First Expedition was a contemporary parallel expedition with Mars Mission, with one focusing on nearby planets and the other focusing on long range exploration. Then it might be conceivable that Classic Space never learned about the Mars Mission discoveries.

Pretty cool timeliine for the space sets. I'm really enjoying the Galaxy Squad stuff right now and I generally mix all of my space guys together.

Perhaps the First Expedition was a contemporary parallel expedition with Mars Mission, with one focusing on nearby planets and the other focusing on long range exploration. Then it might be conceivable that Classic Space never learned about the Mars Mission discoveries.

That's a pretty cool idea! I don't think the First Expedition's mission profile contradicts an earlier contact with aliens--it's pretty similar to Star Trek's "strange new worlds" mission, after all. The fact that space is a big place is probably a good argument for the later Space sets to be set thousands of years in the future...though like any fictional space ship, LEGO's craft move at the speed of imagination. ;)

The Blacktron history is really starting to come together: the new collectable minifigure Evil Mech not only boasts an original Blacktron insignia along with Blacktron II neon-green colors, his bio on LEGO.com hints that he was the harbinger of the Future Generation! Is it all just because Blacktron is an awesome classic theme, or could we be seeing a return sometime in the near future?

A few more timeline-related notes:

This interview states that the Star Justice Factory theme was based on the Pre-Classic Space fan theme, so it could be set prior to 2079.

The German Time Cruisers audio dramas (thank you Orky and Runamuck!) place the Time Cruisers theme in the year 3777 AD. (This was interesting to me; I had never pegged Time Cruisers as a future theme.) They also suggest that Aquazone takes place decades afterwards, and that the Explorien and Spyrius themes take place in their future.

TC

Edited by TalonCard

LEGO has indeed played pretty fast and loose with even the notion of a linear timeline, though I would argue that there is enough of an attempt at continuity to make it worth investigating and documenting.

Oh sure. If nothing else, it's fun. :)

Having looked into it some more, I think there's a lot of evidence to suggest that Classic Space did indeed begin in the near future--a previous post made a pretty good case for a 2079 setting. There are a few promotional comics that show that the gap between Classic Space and Futron is so large that time travel comes into play when characters from one theme visit another.

On the other hand, the solidly Classic Space Captain Indigo character flew Futuron craft in his last appearance, and the Jim Spaceborn comics would have included the Futuron monorail had they continued, so the Classic Space forces were clearly around for some time, maybe even a few thousand years. I'd like to think that Classic Space started out as lunar expeditions in the late 21st century, then evolved into an interplanetary and intergalactic colonization/exploration force. (The text from the 1984 LEGO World Show Guide seems to suggest this.)

Interesting... Well, I'm glad to hear this. I always thought Classic Spacemen were around BEFORE Futuron and Space Police guys, but maybe not hundreds or thousands of years before. They're all similar enough to each other that I think of them as more or less contemporary - CS being the more science-oriented guys, Futuron, maybe more about colonies, and Space Police being, well, police. :)

The fact that there was at least one year where both Classic Space and Futuron sets were sold together (and presuming several years after that where both themes were still on shelves) helps, I think. Though I'm sure that's not the best source for a "canon", the styles definitely overlapped!

PDF was awesome, btw - thanks! Love seeing that big base, and the little modular ones the Lego people came up with back then.

Edited by DPrime

My theory is that Mars mission took place a couple years after life on mars. (look at the similarities between these two trikes: LOM and MM. Coincidence, I think not! ) The good aliens could have been eradicated by the invading bad guy aliens (from a different planet OR a subspecies of the LOM aliens) after a short war, the bad martians settled down under ground and the humans disturbed them (like hitting a hornets nest ) while looking for energy crystals (this

shows it ). After several years of mining, the MM mining company (for lack of a better name) moved on to other planets with better reserves and forgot about mars and its hostile aliens, who recede back underground. (I think the MM mining company is operational through the entire timeline) During the time of blacktron 2 mars was probably a hideout or a outpost, tough blacktron never came in contact with the bad aliens. ( the guy in the lego battles cutscene proves it ). Now during the time of space police III, the MM mining company crash-lands on mars and rediscovers the the energy crystal reserves (and awaken the aliens again). During the events on mars , some of the exoforce robots could have developed a higher intelligence, and escaped to the planet that the RoboForce could have Terraformed, thus placing exoforce at the same time as space police III.

Cap't, I really like your scenario--I too would like to think the Mars Mission sets follow closely on the original Life on Mars sets, but I've been struggling to reconcile it with LEGO Battles. That's a good take on a sticky situation.

The fact that there was at least one year where both Classic Space and Futuron sets were sold together (and presuming several years after that where both themes were still on shelves) helps, I think. Though I'm sure that's not the best source for a "canon", the styles definitely overlapped!

PDF was awesome, btw - thanks! Love seeing that big base, and the little modular ones the Lego people came up with back then.

I thank the year or two overlap is a pretty good source--plus I know there's at least one catalog that showed Classic Space and Futuron on the same landscape. And I'm glad I could bring that to your attention--I also love seeing LEGO Space realized on a grand scale. IIRC, the Life on Mars truck tour display was pretty spectacular too.

TC

I think your timeline is pretty apt, I've given it a lot of consideration myself. I don't know if there can ever be a definitive timeline as the peripheral information around Lego can sometimes contradict itself, but I think your timeline is pretty perfect. The only thing I'd want to assert is in the catalogs Spyrius was used as an antagonist overlapping quite a number of themes. They had unnaturally long life as protagonists, sort of like how Blacktron kept showing up as prisoners for years after their theme ended, lol.

Very nice though, very nice... and relevant to my interests, lol.

In a completely uncanon, unofficial assertment of convenience, in my web comic I pose that Aquazone may be a subset of Unitron, lol.

I'll have to check out that webcomic--can you post a link? It sounds like fun. :) Spyrius and Blacktron have indeed cast a long shadow--there have been references to them as recently as this year. This supports the notion that Space factions don't really go away after the sets are phased out. I would imagine that there are some interesting jurisdictional issues between the Space Police/Robo Force/Unitron/Galaxy Squad factions. ;)

Here's an updated version of the Space-related and future timeline events of the LEGO universe:

EDIT: Updated to include more info on UFO, Rock Raiders, Ultra Agents, Galaxy Squad, Collectable Minifigures, and more. Plus more linky-goodness. Thanks to everyone who made these scans.

EDIT 1/3/15 - Updated to include date from LEGO Awesome Ideas book and the recently-unearthed Timebuster Klick magazine comics.

Eons Ago

The squid-like Alien Troopers halt their effort to remake the cosmos in their own image, and settle into cryogenic stasis in the Toflacrev Abyss. When they awaken, their crafty plans will begin once again. They love crafty plans.

Alien Trooper bio.

c. 2494-2345 BC

In Egypt’s Fifth Dynasty, the Pharaoh Amset-Ra forms an alliance with the alien leader Hypaxxus-8, whose saucers are used in the construction of the Scorpion Pyramid.

November-December 2011 LEGO Club Magazine. The Fifth Dynasty is conjecture based on the fact that Pharaohs of that period identified themselves as descendants of Ra.

c. 1081 BC

Atlantis falls. During this time, the alien Hypaxxus-8 again makes an attempt to invade Earth by supplying the Manta Warriors with ray guns.

November-December 2011 LEGO Club Magazine. “The Secret Journal of Artimus Rhodes”. Dr. Rhodes claims that Atlantis sunk 3000 years before 1919; the mythological Atlantis is said to have sunk much earlier, before the third century BC.

c. AD 1199

Willa the Witch uses her dark magic in an attempt to gain the power of the Star People from the planet Zotax. Fortunately her plans for world domination are halted by her occasional ally Basil the Batlord and Tim the Time Cruiser.

LEGO World Magazine #1. Date based on “Time Cruisers #1: Testflight TC 13”, which featured the Royal Knights, the established enemy of the Fright Knights. For Zotax discussion, see UFO entry below.

c. AD 1910

At the behest of adventurer Dr. Kilroy, the mummy of Pharaoh Hotep opens a portal to the planet Holox.

LEGO World Club Magazine #8. Adventurers theme date is from the audio drama “The Hunt for the Pharaoh’s Treasure”.

AD 1924

September – Much to the surprise of another group of adventurers, their undead foe Amset-Ra is whisked to the future by his alien partner Hypaxxus-8. He must have really wanted his mummy.

November-December 2011 LEGO Club Magazine. The date for Pharaoh’s Quest is from “The Adventure Journal of Professor Archibald Hale”.

AD 1938

October 30 – The Martians mount an invasion of Earth, and are driven back by the use of germ warfare. News broadcasts of this event are dismissed as a radio drama.

Historical accounts and “Life on Mars Radio Logs: The Test”. Could this be the origins of the Alien Defense Force from Alien Conquest?

The Pilot has many adventures during this time, including discovering mountaintop civilizations, battling gremlins, and flying a rocket to Mars to stop an invasion of water-stealing Moon Men.

The Pilot’s bio. Although none of the events are dated, they all resemble typical film serial adventures from this period. This is the first expedition to Mars, although it probably never made the history books. Perhaps the Pilot was an early member of the Alien Defense Force?

c. AD 1950

Dr. Rodney Rathbone's defeat of Lord Vampyre in the Monster Realm has the unexpected result of attracting the attention of a swarm of insectoid aliens...

November-December 2012 LEGO Club Magazine. Monster Fighters has yet to be dated, but the appearance of the vehicles and the Frank Rock character make this a reasonable conjecture.

AD 1990

NASA (1990)

At this point in time the US space agency NASA is responsible for launching space shuttles. Launches are made from Cape Clutch-Power.

The 1682 Space Shuttle is the last LEGO system set to use the NASA logo—future shuttle launches will be handled by fictional LEGO space agencies. Cape Clutch-Power is from the Fall 1990 Brick Kicks Brick Buildmore comic. NASA continues to exist in the future, as the May-June 1996 Mania Magazine states that Dr. Cyber worked for them.

AD 1995

Launch Command (1995)

Launch Command appears to have taken over from NASA as the lead space agency. Shuttles are still being used, but there are also missions to the moon. One of Launch Command’s greatest astronauts is Becky Blastinoff.

Blastinoff’s name is from the November-December 1995 Mania Magazine.

AD 1999

Space Port (1999)

Launch Command in turn is replaced by Space Port. Shuttles are still being used. Rogue meteors containing energy crystals threaten Earth.

AD 2000

Arctic (2000)

An Arctic expedition uncovers more meteors, containing the first known example of alien life.

A young man named BB wins the Space Lottery, giving him the chance to train as a Space Port astronaut for an upcoming mission to Mars.

“Rocket Rescue”, “Life on Mars Radio Logs: Blast Off!”

AD 2001

Life on Mars (2001)

The National Science Board sends a team of four astronauts to Mars to establish a science base. After a crash landing, they make the first contact with intelligent alien life (in modern history) with the native Martians. The astronauts become involved in a conflict with Martian rebels. One Martian, Cassiopia, decides to return to Earth with the astronauts.

"Life on Mars Radio Logs"

AD 2002

The LEGO Book indicates that the Ice Planet 2002 theme takes place in this year; though the theme's own story material stated that "Ice Planet 2002" was simply one name for the Ice Planet and it is usually depicted as being contemporary with LEGO’s other space sets. The identification of the world as Krysto-2002 in the Space Miner bio would seem to settle the matter.

AD 2009

Power Miners (2009)

Extreme earthquakes threaten to wipe out every structure on Earth, and a task force of skilled miners is dispatched to uncover the problem. Deep below the surface of the Earth, they find more energy crystals…and tribes of Rock Monsters!

A youthful Chief first encounters rock monsters…according to rumors, anyway.

Rock Raiders PC Manual. Complete conjecture, but given that no one had ever seen the Rock Monsters of Planet U, tying the encounter to Power Miners seems logical.

AD 2010

Dino Attack/Dino 2010 (2005)

Mutant dinosaurs escape from a lab and attack in urban settings. An oddly common occurrence. (See below.)

AD 2011

City Space (2011)

First variation on the Classic Space logo appears—the beginning of that famous space exploration program. Shuttles are still in use, though more advanced craft have reached Mars. These spacecraft launch from Apollo Island near LEGO City, a location where captured aliens are also kept in secret. Another alien detention facility is located in Area 51.

LEGO City Undercover, LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins, and the Classic Alien bio.

Alien Conquest (2011)

The alien forces of Hypaxxus 8 from the planet X2½ attempt their third full scale invasion of Earth to drain the brainpower of Earthlings. The Alien Defense Unit becomes publicly known as it initiates a massive recruitment program to combat the invasion.

LEGO Club Magazine

AD 2012

Dino (2012)

Hypaxxus-8 plots revenge after his defeat at the hands of the Earthlings. Dinosaurs emerge from ancient portals and head towards the city to attack.

November/December 2011 LEGO Club Magazine, “Dino Outbreak” game.

AD 2013

An investigation by police officer Chase McCain into the LEGO City underworld reveals a plot by disgraced billionaire developer Forrest Blackwell to launch a rocket disguised as a skyscraper to a secret colony on the Moon. McCain pursues Blackwell with a shuttle and defeats the villain, but Blackwell escapes into space.

“LEGO City Undercover”. As Blackwell’s space forces are represented by a stylized letter “B”, it’s hard not to see this as a Blacktron origin story…

AD 2014

City Arctic (2014)

Another expedition to the arctic finds energy crystals in the swarm of ice meteors that continue to pelt Earth’s poles. A later expedition will determine that their source is the far-off ice planet of Krysto-2002.

The Space Miner bio tied this theme to the earlier Arctic and Ice Planet 2002 themes. The expedition logo also resembles the City Space, Classic Space, and Ice Planet 2002 logos.

AD 2015

Drome Racers (2002)

The mysterious Dromulus stages extreme car races inside the Drome, one of the largest man-made structures on the planet.

“LEGO Drome Racers” game, comic, etc.

AD 2016

The United States of Europe is formed, and the use of credits as a form of currency is adopted.

In the early 21st century, LEGO Robotics handpicks a team of robotics experts from America, Asia, and the United States of Europe. Their mission: develop a new level of artificial intelligence, allowing for the creation of Roboids—advanced robots to support human industry and activity. The project is codenamed Mindstorms.

The Hunter/Saver roboid is used by the Fire Corps and other organizations to rescue humans from dangerous environments, such as a fire at a Pollutex Corporation facility.

Yup, even Mindstorms has a backstory…

AD 2023

Roboid farming colonies cultivate the Earth’s deserts and wastelands, reducing famine and hunger.

Nanotechnology reaches a new peak with the introduction of Doctroids, tiny robots that can repair damaged tissue and cells from within the body.

Mars Mission (2007)

An Earth mining expedition crash lands on Mars and must battle alien invaders on Mars. Well, the alien invaders that are not them, that is.

This theme has never been dated, but it would seem to be a sequel of sorts to the earlier Life on Mars theme. LEGO Battles suggests that it takes place much later, during the era of Space Police III, though that could be a later expedition. This marks the first full appearance of the Classic Space logo.

LEGO Factory: Star Justice vs. Space Skulls (2008)

By this time, space expeditions are overseen by Fleet Command, which was developed from the earlier World Space Exploration program. Fleet Command has established Relay Space Stations to enable deep space exploration.

Spacegoing vessels have been plagued for nearly five decades by the Space Skull pirates. The law enforcement group Star Justice seeks to bring the brigands to justice.

“My LEGO Network”. The exact date for these events is unknown. This interview states that Star Justice was based on a fan theme designed to bridge the Mars-era sets with the Classic Space theme. Star Justice is presumably a precursor to the later Space Police theme. (See below.)

AD 2043

The LEGO Robotics exhibit opens in Cyberspace Quadrant 3. It is the world’s first historical exhibit of Roboid technology. On the first day, an auction of memorabilia raises over four billion credits for the LEGO Robotics Development Foundation. An original RCX computer from 1998 is sold for over 2.3 billion credits.

The LEGO Spaceship Transuniverse dispatches proboids to search for minerals on asteroids in superquadrant 23.

An artificial intelligence sends out a transmission into the past to future members of the Mindstorms team.

Rock Raiders (1999)

The mining ship LMS Explorer is returning from the outer rim of the galaxy after a long mission when an asteroid hits their the ship, sending it through a wormhole. The vessel is deposited in an alien galaxy in another universe. The ship's crew must mine LEGO ore from a nearby planet to repair their spaceship, and power crystals to fuel their journey home. Unfortunately, the planet is inhabited by all manner of Rock Monsters...

Rock Raiders game and DK Puzzle book. The sets themselves have no obvious connection to the Space theme. The similarity between the LMS Explorer and the Transuniverse mission profiles, as well as the rumor in the game manual that the Chief encountered rock monsters in his youth (which would seem to imply that he was involved in the events of Power Miners in 2009) lead me to place it here. This conjecture is hardly conclusive, however.

Galaxy Squad (2013)

Space colonization and tourism is brought to a halt as a swarm of insectoid aliens, attracted by a signal from the Monster Realm, finally swarm into the Selva Galaxy. They begin trapping buildings and people in cocoons for transport back to their hive planet. The Galaxy Squad is deployed to combat the alien invaders.

November-December 2012 LEGO Club Magazine,

Galaxy Squad is divided into specialized units denoted by color, somewhat like the later Classic Space astronauts.

AD 2050

Earth has established a mining colony on the planet Rasm by this year. The Space Police are also active.

LEGO AS #2, 1989. This is the earliest official date for the Space theme. Whole lotta mining going on here.

Ultra Agents (2014)

Following the insect alien invasion, Solomon Blaze retires from Galaxy Squad to lead the Ultra Agents. This elite group defends Astor City from a sudden outbreak of fearsome supervillains caused by the mysterious AntiMatter.

The comic “Training Day” in the September-October 2014 issue of the LEGO Club Magazine confirms that Ultra Agents is a sequel of sorts to Galaxy Squad.

Early Classic Space Era

AD 2079

Classic Space (1978-1988)

The first of the Classic Space expeditions begin as joint missions to the moon between white Astronauts and red Cosmonauts. They are soon joined by scientists wearing yellow spacesuits. With yellow now designated for scientists, red becomes used for pilots and white for explorers.

The date comes from two monitor pieces in the Classic Space sets 926 Command Centre, 493 Space Command Center, and 6970 Beta-1 Command Base. It appears to be the first year of Classic Space. In Brickjournal #2, Jim Spaceborn writer Frank Madsen describes the classic space mission as “happy astronauts with smiley faces in difference colored suits, buzzing around on the Moon’s surface and bringing samples back to Earth.” This reddit post by LEGO designer Mark Stafford reveals creator of the minifigure and Classic Space Jens Nygaard Knudsen’s intentions for the Classic Space color divisions. Red for pilots is consistent with both Jim Spaceborn and Peter Reid’s unofficial history “LEGO Space: Building the Future”.

AD 2109

A statue of the first Classic Space astronaut is built to commemorate the first thirty years of the program. The First Spaceman statue is erected in what will be known as Futuron Park in Galaxy City.

This statue appears in the 5974 Galactic Enforcer set, where it is stolen by the Black Hole Gang. Name and location from the Space Police Logs.

The Classic Space forces are bolstered by the addition of blue suited security forces and the elusive black-clad spies.

Jens Nygaard Knudsen via Mark Stafford again. Blue for security/soldiers is consistent with the dark blue Galaxy Patrol elite forces collectable minifigure, though less so for comic Captains Indigo and Seeker (see below.) Perhaps as in Star Trek, the color originally intended for security came to represent command as well?

The First Expedition from Earth is sent to a neighboring galaxy to seek out and contact new forms of intelligent life, and probe the mysteries of the universe. En route, the main column of the expedition passes through an uncharted meteor shower, which causes extensive damage to many of the ships.

The mission’s commander sends a team of 300 engineers ahead to establish a base station to repair and overhaul the damaged starships. Falling interstellar debris demolishes the first set of buildings before the protective forcefields could be established. The engineers will have to work fast, for the first starships are due to arrive in a matter of months…

Lego World Show 1984 Souvenir Guide.

The gargantuan Mother Ship departs to discover a new galaxy.

Bricks ‘n Pieces Summer 1985

Late Classic Space Era

The spaceship Spearhead, under the command of Captain Bart Seeker, sets out from the planet Zonia on a long voyage to explore new planets. Among the crew of 300 are Duncan, the engineer, Viva, the Chief Pilot, and Mello, her co-pilot.

During their mission, the Spearhead comes across an abandoned vessel floating in space. Aboard is a small child, which they rescue. Duncan makes friends with the boy, whom the crew takes to calling “Jim Spaceborn”, as he was born in space. His origins are a mystery.

Years before “Jim Spaceborn: The Unknown Galaxy”.

Captain Bill Indigo and his assistant Lieutenant Mary Polka-Dot rescue the Zarconian Jewel for the Zark Star Fleet, defeat the mad scientist Tobor Rekam and the human Martian Garth Raider.

Various "Captain Indigo" comics from Bricks 'n Pieces Magazine. The names “Bill” and “Mary” come from the 1980 Idea Book.

The Spearhead is pulled into a black hole before it can return to Zonia. The crew is stranded in an unknown galaxy, where they free the planet Robus from the space bandit Kazak and face kidnappers from Swamp Planet.

Jim Spaceborn #1-2

Neo-Classic Space Era

By this point in time an interplanetary Federation has been established, with a Space Academy for training astronauts. Green is introduced as a new division color by this time.

This is a conjectural intermediary period between Classic Space and Futron, based largely on the number of Classic Space figures with new-style headgear found in various re-release minifigure sets and, more importantly, the 21109 Exo Suit set, in which the green Space minifigures first appeared.

What division green represents is up for debate. According to set designer Mark Stafford, he and Exo Suit set creator Peter Reid decided that green would be used for Exo Suit pilots. But the backstory included in the set’s booklet states that the two included astronauts were a salvage team.

Interestingly enough, the first M:Tron prototypes wore green Classic Space uniforms, much as the salvage team does here. As salvage falls within M:Tron’s mission parameters, is it possible that this team is a predecessor? Alternatively, as the astronauts are also said to be recently graduated cadets, green could simply be used for new personnel who haven’t been assigned a division. (Making the newbies literally green!)

AD 2531

An expedition colonizes the planet Volga.

"Lego Awesome Ideas" book. This story shows the green space figures working alongside figures with the Collectable Minifigure space uniforms, perhaps indicating that both are from the same era.

AD 2564

July 4th- The Federation’s classified Exo Suit MK 3 program undergoes a classified review.

Teaser image for LEGO Ideas #007 Exo Suit. This was also the day that the set was revealed in 2014. This assumes that the classified review was made around the time of the Suit’s creation. It’s also possible the review was made after the rediscovery of the Arcadia, below.

The container ship Arcadia, carrying a vast consignment of the new Exo Suit Mk 3s, crash lands on a remote planet.

The 21109 Exo Suit “The Exo Suit Adventure” story booklet and LEGO Ideas #007 reveal video.

AD 2593

The Federation detects activity on the remote planet that is (unbeknownst to them) the resting place of the Arcadia for the last time in over a decade.

Exo Suit “The Exo Suit Adventure” story booklet.

AD 2604

Pete and Yve graduate from the space academy. Not long after, the robot turtle, a brand new surveillance and survival drone, arrives at the academy.

The graduation occurs one month before they investigate the crash of the Arcadia, according to “The Exo Suit Adventure”.

Federation probes arrive around a remote planet, and intercept the weak distress call from the freighter Arcadia.

48 hours later, salvage team Alpha-09 responds to a distress call from the freighter Arcadia. They find the remains of the freighter, but are trapped by pirates lurking nearby. After making a report, one astronaut, Pete, finds that his colleague, Yve, has gone missing. Investigating, he finds that Yve has discovered the ship’s cargo of Exo Suits…

Reveal video for LEGO Ideas #007 and the 21109 Exo Suit “The Exo Suit Adventure” story booklet. The story stated that the ship had been lost for forty years.

Futuron Era

Futuron (1987)

An update of the Classic Space faction. A mention of “FuturonCorp” in the Space Villain bio suggests that this might be a private corporation. Alternatively, FuturonCorp could be an outside contractor supplying the Futuron faction. A 1988 US catalog identifies FUTURON as the Valor Squadron that opposes Blacktron and energizes the galaxy.

Blacktron (1987)

Striking out from the planet Blacktron in the center of the galaxies, Blacktron appears to be a criminal organization/space empire.

Bricks 'n Pieces Spring 1988.

Space Police (1989)

The Space Police appear to be part of the Futuron faction, as they wear the same uniform here.

AD 3147

The Exploriens are visited by the Time Crusiers.

1996 catalog. See below for discussion of Explorien theme placement.

AD 3200

The Exploriens study the Bio-beetles of Ika. They are forced to battle the ravanous bugs when they attempt an invasion of Earth.

"Exploriens to the Rescue!", March 1996 Bricks 'n Pieces Magazine. The German Time Cruiser audio dramas would describe the Exploriens as being active many years after 3777 AD. I chose to interpret this as the Exploriens having been established centuries prior to their Time Cruisers appearance, but it’s also possible the Exploriens themselves have travelled in time. (The audio dramas hint at the possibility.)

AD 3776

Time Cruisers (1996)

In the far future, country borders no longer exist…but the NASA space program is still around. One of its rocket scientists, Dr. Cyber, discovers an ancient map revealing the secrets of time travel. He rushes out of town to build a Time Lab in Mystic Mountain, a volcanic island. Here Cyber experiments with a Hypno Disk, a mysterious red-and-white shaped device—and during one of his experiments, he is blasted into the past!

No one believes that Dr. Cyber has developed time travel, however, so he uses a Hypno Disk portal to send four individuals into different time zones to collect artifacts as proof. Following this success, he constructs the world's first time machine along with his young relative/assistant Max. After an encounter with Merlin's wand, this vehicle is transformed into the Flying Time Vessel, and Max changes his name to Tim. The Minister of Past and Future bans Cyber from using his time machines, however.

Compilation of backstories from the March/April 1995-March/April 1996 Klick magazine comics, the July-August 1996 Mania Magazine, the August 1996 Bricks ‘n Pieces Magazine, the 1997 RoseArt Time Cruisers board game, the 1996 UK catalog,

and the German Time Cruiser audio dramas. Whew. The idea that the Mystic Mountain Time Lab is located in a volcanic island is from
. The initial concept for the Time Cruiser theme came from a comic developed for Klick magazine out of a LEGO fan's time machine MOC. In 1996, the time machine was transformed into the 6493 Flying Time Vessel and the young assistant Max Timebuster changed his name to Tim within the pages of the comic in order to tie into the new Time Cruiser theme, one of the only times a character name descrepency has been resolved so directly. Dr. Cyber’s NASA background given in Mania Magazine would seem to be at odds with the AD 3777 setting from the German audio dramas, but there is a shuttle launch in the second episode….

AD 3777

The Minister of Past and Future allows Dr. Cyber and his assistant Tim to use their newly constructed time machines in search of an extinct plant. They have many subsequent adventures in time and space.

“Lego Time Cruisers #1: Test Flight TC 13”

Aquazone (1995)

Deep beneath the ocean, the brave Aquanauts search for rare Hydrolater crystals, which provide life-giving hydrogen and oxygen and allow for extended underwater breathing. Miner and part-time restaurateur Jock Clouseau is the leader of the Aquanauts, while Ollie the Octopus is a friend and ally.

After years of hard work harvesting crystals, a group of Aquanauts decide they’ve had enough. Lead by a hook-handed Aquanaut nicknamed Thresher, they steal submarines and hide in underwater caves. Calling themselves the Aquasharks, they redesign their vehicles to resemble fearsome sea creatures and emerge to launch attacks on the Aquanauts to steal the crystals.

January-February 1995 LEGO Mania Magazine and Issue 1 1995 of Bricks and Pieces Magazine. Jock Clouseau first appeared in the November-December 1995 LEGO Mania Magazine, while Thresher appeared in the second “wave” of Aquazone sets and was named in the May-June 1996 Mania Magazine. The only source to date Aquazone is Time Cruisers #1: Testflight TC 13, which suggests that it is several decades after the AD 3777 setting of Time Crusiers.

Aquazone was conceived as Seatron, a Space theme contemporary with Futuron, and was set on an alien world. The final theme was more ambiguous about its setting—it has Earth sharks, stingrays and octopi, but the blue rock formations featured throughout the setting didn’t resemble anything on Earth. The March 1996 issue of Bricks ‘n Piece Magazine says “The evil Aquasharks have invaded our world…Aquasharks are from Aquazone—the exciting underwater world created for you by the LEGO team.” This seems to confirm the notion that Aquazone takes place on an alien planet.

Aquaraiders (1997)

The Aquaraiders operate out of a network of hidden caverns within Aquazone, drilling deep into the watery world in search of Hydrolator crystals with their well-equipped mining machines.

But the Aquaraiders are no ordinary miners—they’re a ruthless band of raiders who emerge from the slimy ocean depths to steal crystals and equipment from Aquanauts and Aquasharks alike. Among their ranks are Rocky the Reef Wrecker, whose answer to everything is more drilling, the red-armored Barracuda, and the athletic Scavenger Sam.

July-August 1997 Mania Magazine. Barracuda was seen only in the May-June 1997 issue of Mania Magazine.

Hydronauts/Stingrays (1998)

Deep in the Aquazone is an unexplored area where few dare to go. This is the domain of the Hydronauts and the Stingrays.

January/February 1998 Mania Magazine

AD 4036

Red and blue is a popular color scheme in this year

LEGO Ideas Book

Era of the United Galaxies

By this time, the United Galaxies have been formed. Laws are made by a Galactic Council, according to the 1992 US catalog. There is also a Space Council, according to the Summer 1994 Bricks n’ Pieces magazine.

M:Tron (1990)

A group of miners, salvagers, rescue workers, and computer scientists uses advanced magnets in all of their projects.

Blacktron Future Generation (1991)

Based on the planet B-II, the next generation of Blacktron forces are known in some quarters as galactic defenders who know how to keep the peace.

On the other hand, the Evil Mech who paved the way for Commander Beltar and other diabolical agents of Blacktron proves that the dark side of Blacktron is alive and well.

"Future Generation" indicates that at least a generation has passed between this era and the original Futuron/Blacktron conflict. B-II is from this 1991 catalog, while this 1993 catalog touts Blacktron’s heroic side. The Evil Mech bio indicates that it was responsible for this new incarnation. Beltar is from the Feb. 1993 Disney Adventures comic: “Encounter at Ice Station Odyssey”.

Space Police II (1992)

Now led by Captain Magenta, a new incarnation of the Space Police is born. They enforce the laws established by the Galactic Council, but are not immune to corruption.

The Space Police’s allegiance is mentioned in this 1992 US catalog.

Ice Planet 2002 (1993)

In a remote part of the universe, scientists gather on the Ice Planet of Krysto-2002. Deep underground, in the ice caverns of the capital city of Krysto, the scientists conduct top secret rocket and satellite research. The Blacktron renegades are after their secrets, as are certain members of the Space Police…no one can be trusted!

Backstory from Ice Planet set boxes (provided in this Eurobricks theme review) and trading cards from the March 1993 issue of Disney Adventures Magazine. In most contemporary material, 2002 is not treated as the date in which this theme takes place. “Ice Planet 2002” instead seems to be the name of the planet, though the name “Krysto” is used interchangeably as the capital of the planet and the name of the planet. The Space Miner bio finally established the planet’s name as Krysto-2002.

Spyrius (1994)

The Spyrians colonize the planet Spyrius, one of the outer planets of the galaxies. They begin to infiltrate the other space factions, including Ice Planet. They are led by Major Kartofski, and house stolen equipment from other planets in Station Xenolith 6. Their weapons of choice are miniaturization rays. They possess an army of robots, and their agents are masters of disguise. At least one of their spies could render himself invisible…except for his eyes.

Bricks ‘n Pieces Magazine, Summer 1994. Foreign catalogs would sometimes describe the Spyrians as mutants, perhaps explaining the invisibility powers described here.

Unitron (1994)

The planet Unitron is at the crossroads of the universe, and is a port of call for aliens from every planet. This world is also home to the Unitron forces, an intergalactic intelligence and defense organization operating out of Space Station Zenon.

May-June 1995 LEGO Mania Magazine.

Exploriens (1996)

The Exploriens, now led by Nova Hunter, continue to chart the unknown universe, decode alien clues, and make contact with new civilizations with the help of Doctor Science.

Hunter programs a pair of brother-and-sister androids, Ann and Andy Droid, to be assigned to the Android Base. Both become targets of abduction attempts: Ann by the robots of Spyrius, and Andy by mysterious aliens.

Nova Hunter and Ann Droid appeared in the January/February 1996 LEGO Mania Magazine. Doctor Science is from Time Cruisers #2: Operation Cybercom. Nova Hunter was originally one of the non-bearded Exploriens minifigures, but later issues of the Mania Magazine and the LEGO Racers game portray him as the bearded minifigure called Captain King in the UK.

RoboForce (1997)

The rowdy Roboforce rides into action on their saurian-like robot mounts, protecting the galaxies from hostile aliens like the UFO spacefleet and rendering assistance to new space colonies. Their secret power is the Robodisks, and their hidden training camp is located on the planet Roboton. Their top “robo runner”—a term for a certified robot operator—is Chip Nebula.

March-April 1997 and September-October Mania Magazine.

UFO (1997)

Known to many only by their mysterious appearances in the skies over thousands of years, the Star People come from outside the known universe entirely. Their world of Zotax is grim and barren—perhaps why some call it “Humorless”—but it is also home to a massive symbiotic organism. Integrated into this environment, the Star People thrive.

In space it is difficult to tell where their own biology stops and their technology begins. Their spaceships travel to our universe via a black hole not far from Zotax. The aliens rely on crews of super intelligent androids, either conscripted or recruited from other worlds.

On one occasion the evil Black Droid Empire invaded the homeworlds of innocent droids, attempting to bring the universe under its rule. Two droids, Techdroid 1 and Techdroid 2, waged a lonely battle to free their planet from the Empire.

Into this war steps Commander X, an officer and prince of Xizos, an ancient planet. He rescued the two droids and recruited them to join his own crusade against the Black Droid Empire.

But he is not the only alien leader. Overlord Alpha Draconis, nicknamed “the Dragon”, desires conquest of other planets. The Star People journeyed to Earth system to study life on the planet; but Draconis organized an invasion. He too recruits droids to his cause, but not through persuasion—his forces captured the Explorien’s Andy Droid and reprogrammed him to assist Draconis in his plans for galactic domination. Draconis fears nothing, save his own visage.

A third leader of the Star People is Chamon, a fearless being whose brainwave-amplifying helmet gives him telekinetic powers.

To the Exploriens, the RoboForce, and the Black Droid Empire, the Star People are dangerous opponents. But to the inhabitants of more primitive worlds, their fleetingly-glimpsed craft remain unidentified flying objects.

The UFO line had several different backstories, but as of them each named different figures, they can be easily reconciled as above. Alpha Draconis, Andy Droid, and Humorless are from the September-October 1997 Mania Magazine, Commander X, the Techdroids, and the Black Droid Empire are all from Bricks ‘n Pieces Magazine, Chamon, Zotax, and the black hole are from a German promotional comic (discussed here), while the Star People receive their name in LEGO World Club Magazine #1.

Insectoids (1998)

The Star People are not the only race on Zotax. Another group of cybernetic aliens have fled a cruel leader on Zotax after a bitter fight. They become resourceful and determined during their search for a new home. Eventually, the Zotaxians add Explorien, UFO, and Ice Planet vehicles and vessels to their ragtag fleet.

The Zotaxians crash land on the planet Holox, where they establish a base. Unfortunately, they soon find that the planet’s rocky surface lacks the essential life force that the Zotaxian plants need to grow. In a last-ditch effort to save their colony, the Zotaxians begin drilling into the planet’s surface in search of new energy sources.

They discover an Inner World with its own sun, inhabited by giant insects known as Bilgin Bugs. The sun provides energy for the eggs laid by the Bilgin Bugs, and the Zotaxians decide to use this energy to support their own colony. They manufacture voltstones, batteries that resemble the eggs of the Bugs.

In order to infiltrate the Inner World, the Zotaxians disguise six space cruisers as Bugs. These vessels are known as Insectoids, and are used to plant the voltstones and recover them once they have been fully charged. They also begin destroying the Bug eggs, causing the Bugs to declare war on the Zotaxians.

The Zotaxians eventually leave Holox. By this time they appear to have adopted the insectoid disguises as part of their cultural identity. At least some of their vehicles are self-aware robobugs, their hivefleets are known as the Space Swarm and they identify themselves as the Insectoid nation. Gypsy Moth is the Queen of the Insectoid nation, and leads her people on a mission of intergalactic mayhem and mischief.

"Insectoid Invasion" puzzlebook, the 1998 UK Catalog, and the September-October 1998 issue of LEGO Mania Magazine. Though none of the three interpretations of the Insectoid storyline are exactly the same, they are not mutually exclusive and can be seen as an evolution of space refugees who adopt an insect-based culture.

Current Space Era

Space Police III (2009)

The latest incarnation of the Space Police fights alien criminals from the Black Hole Gang in Galaxy City and Mars, and maintain a prison on planet X4.

"

", "LEGO Battles", and "“LEGO: The Adventures of Clutch Powers”. Definitely set after the two previous Space Police sets, as old Space Police uniforms are also seen on display in the Logs.

As an agent of the LEGO Group, Clutch Powers helps the Space Police and has adventures on Earth, Ashlar, and Ninjago.

“LEGO: The Adventures of Clutch Powers” and "Ninjago: The Royal Blacksmiths". Earth seen here is little changed from 21st century Earth, with Power Miners and Agents still active, but this is not inconsistent with the Captain Indigo comics and the Time Cruisers audio dramas.

The Future (?)

LEGO Universe (2010-2012)

A team of explorers locates an Imagination Nexus on the planet Crux, but one of their members causes a maelstrom that shatters the planet. People from all over time and space gather on the fragments of Crux for a number of adventures.

"LEGO Universe"

Ninjago (2011-2014)

On the planet of Ninjago, a master of Spinjitzu teaches a number of young ninjas, who must fight his evil brother, the snake people from the planet's interior, evil robots, and a master of the elements.

"Ninjago" comics, TV series, books, etc. LEGO Universe appears to be contemporary with Ninjago, which is set on (you guessed it) the planet Ninjago. The Ninjago episode "The Royal Blacksmiths" mentions Clutch Powers as having participated in historical events far in Ninjago’s past, so barring time travel (which is possible) it seems LEGO Universe and Ninjago take place long after most of the Space themes.

TC

Edited by TalonCard

That's a pretty cool idea! I don't think the First Expedition's mission profile contradicts an earlier contact with aliens--it's pretty similar to Star Trek's "strange new worlds" mission, after all. The fact that space is a big place is probably a good argument for the later Space sets to be set thousands of years in the future...though like any fictional space ship, LEGO's craft move at the speed of imagination. ;)

The Blacktron history is really starting to come together: the new collectable minifigure Evil Mech not only boasts an original Blacktron insignia along with Blacktron II neon-green colors, his bio on LEGO.com hints that he was the harbinger of the Future Generation! Is it all just because Blacktron is an awesome classic theme, or could we be seeing a return sometime in the near future?

A few more timeline-related notes:

This interview states that the Star Justice Factory theme was based on the Pre-Classic Space fan theme, so it could be set prior to 2079.

The German Time Cruisers audio dramas (thank you Orky and Runamuck!) place the Time Cruisers theme in the year 3777 AD. (This was interesting to me; I had never pegged Time Cruisers as a future theme.) They also suggest that Aquazone takes place decades afterwards, and that the Explorien and Spyrius themes take place in their future.

TC

Oh wow, I'd never read the Evil Mech bio. I'd love to think this is hinting at a Blacktron revival. It would help fill the void after Galaxy Squad.

I hope so too! Space Police just goes to show that you can never count a subtheme out no matter how long it's been gone. On the other hand, one would have thought Blacktron Third Generation would have been a logical follow-up to Space Police III, so we'll see...

My goodness, TalonCard... That's gotta be the best post I've seen on Eurobricks. So much information packed into it. Great work!

Thanks jamesster! I know you're more active with the Rock Raiders theme than I am...how well does a mid 21st century placement for the story hold up, given everything we do know "for sure" about the "future" from other sources?

TC

Thanks jamesster! I know you're more active with the Rock Raiders theme than I am...how well does a mid 21st century placement for the story hold up, given everything we do know "for sure" about the "future" from other sources?

TC

I'd say it works well - the City boss racer in LEGO Stunt Rally, Radium, was expelled from the Rock Raiders program for performing tests on other crew members involving radiation.

Updated timeline for Ultra Agents and the new Exo Suit story, which has a number of interesting dates and implications. I haven't read set designer Peter Reid's LEGO Space: Building the Future book yet, but the backstory for the Exo Suit seems to have been created with it in mind. There's nothing in this particular story that contradicts established Space LEGO lore, so while that book isn't official I'm not above using some of its assumptions to date the early Space themes.

TC

Just a few of my own personal thoughts on this*. Red coloring where it's my own fiction as to what happened.

I pictured the 1970s-1990s sets as being set in the future with Mars Mission happening in real time. Life on Mars, I personally view as quite possibly being non-canon**, and thus not a part of the time-line. Mars Mission happened roughly around 2007, when the sets actually came out. (Probably a private company enterprise***). It was then that Humans were first exposed to aliens. Clutch Powers**** and his crew would be seen wearing these outfits for some reason, during the events of TAoCP. After the breakout at Prison Planet X4, the Galactic Senate*****(or some organization, it doesn't have to be the Senate...) decided to build a prison on Earth, with the new Alien Detainment Unit****** being formed to contain and subdue any problems. In 2011, the Hypaxxun Invasion of Earth took place, and the ADU was re-dubbed as the Alien Defense Unit.

Also, just one more idea as to what the Space Skulls might be along the lines of. Granted, it's a stretch...but can't you just hear him asking "Who turned out the lights?".

*I'll probably edit this later to include a more through list of my own thoughts as to the timeline. Sorry it's a big block of text for the moment...

**Or, in a more confusing, but explaining, idea, Life On Mars might have happened in the Zonia system introduced way back with Jim Spaceborn.

***Granted, this may seem a bit non-plausible, but Forest Blackwell did build his own moon-base, and he did it secretly at that.

****Ninjago can be placed around 2048-, if you assume(and I'll admit that it's a pretty big assumption) that minifigs(Misako in particular) have similar cycles to humans.

*****Mentioned in SPIII advertising materials.

******Think Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., not Men In Black.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

I haven't read set designer Peter Reid's LEGO Space: Building the Future book yet, but the backstory for the Exo Suit seems to have been created with it in mind. There's nothing in this particular story that contradicts established Space LEGO lore, so while that book isn't official I'm not above using some of its assumptions to date the early Space themes.

TC

Looking through my copy of LEGO Space: Building the Future, the text is light on dates other than nonfictional missions such as Apollo and Curiosity. The authors ignore Life on Mars/Mars Mission, and anything else that happens before the advent of Classic Space. The last date I found in the text (pg 11) is 2069, when Federation (Classic) ships are sent to the moon to establish the permanent Tranquility Base. 2079 fits well, not as the date when Classic Space began, but as the date when those particular missions represented in early sets were taking place.

The book's back cover of the book shows 3 far-future dates:

- 2139: Tranquility Base is established. (Must have taken some time to build!)

- 2525: First contact with alien life on Ganymede (Loosely based on Ice Planet 2002, but much earlier in the timeline and within the solar system.)

- 2527: Alien worms destroy Exo Suits on a space station orbiting Jupiter. At that point, Exo Suits are apparently common in the Federation.

Since Peter's Exo Suit is now an official set, I propose we use his dates for the Exo Suit, placing its invention sometime between 2069 and 2527. Probably around 2400 since the Arcadia would have to crash long before Pete and Yve arrive. That doesn't significantly change the timeline above, and I think we can disregard the other inconsistencies like putting Ice Planet on Ganymede and ignoring the other themes taking place in the late 20th and early 21st centuries since Peter's book is his own story, not LEGO's.

All the dates I've used for the events surrounding the Exo Suit are from official sources, though. The year 2564 is from the teaser image, on a review of the Exo Suit Mk 3 program; the booklet included with the set states that the Arcadia crashed forty years before Pete and Yve arrive. Now, whether the Arcadia was rediscovered in 2564, prompting a review of the Exo Suit Mk 3, or whether the review was around the time the suits were originally created is up for debate, but that still puts us sometime past 2520 rather than 2400--that's rather too early.

What does the book have to say about Star Justice?

TC

Good point - I had forgotten the dates from the teaser image and booklet. Of course those should take priority. It could work out though if the original model featured in the book was Exo Suit Mk 1 or 2. I don't see any mention of Star Justice in the book, though I may have missed it. The book doesn't stick strictly to the LEGO color schemes or factions, but I see minifigs and ships from NCS, Blacktron, Ice Planet, Futuron and Space Police. And Jim Spaceborn right at the end!

I think we may be mentally placing Galaxy Squad too far along the timeline. I kind of thought of it as more a reworking of the planned Alien Conquest 2.0, where the ADU takes the fight to the Aliens. So a much more near future scenario following shortly after AC. In which case Ultra Agents could easily be a slightly further on near future story with an older Solomon Blaze. (heck we never do see his hair color in GS).

Ultra Agents could easily be a slightly further on near future story with an older Solomon Blaze. (heck we never do see his hair color in GS).

No, but the lines on his face on the GS fig make him look much younger than the Agents figure (with the scars and all). I do agree, though, that it's probably higher up in the timeline than it currently is.

Edited by K-Nut

As always, guys, I love the discussion. Keep 'em coming! :classic:

I'm not really happy with the Galaxy Squad placement either, though I see it as taking place much later in the timeline than I have it here, actually. :laugh:

I like the idea that the Galaxy Squad evolved from the ADU (and in my head it's the only way to make anything before 2100 plausible). The Galaxy Squad backstory implies sizable interstellar colonies and whatnot, though, which leads me to place it in the mid-21st century era of space colonies and intergalactic mining at the earliest. Putting Ultra Agents in the late 21st century seems odd at first glance, I know, but recall that sources like Clutch Powers, Captain Indigo, and particularly the Time Cruisers audio drama show that the Earth of the future looks a lot like the Earth of the past.

Alternatively, I don't think there's anything directly tying the Galaxy Squad to Earth. Correct me if I'm wrong, but all the Galaxy Squad material refers to the Planet X or Selva Galaxy being under attack; not Earth and not even the Milky Way. So it's possible to say that the Squad members are from some other planet, and that they occupy the same implied 1950s time period as Monster Fighters. So if Solomon Blaze traveled to Earth in the 1950s to defend against the implied Bug invasion shown in the Club Magazine comic, he'd be well old enough to be the older Ultra Agent in the 2010s.

Of course, my preferred placement is to leave Ultra Agents in its implied contemporary/near future setting and bring Galaxy Squad forward into the 4000 with the other recent Space themes.

shows the Squad protecting established Space themes from the Bug onslaught; but I don't think Max's world really fits a timeline-based perception of the LEGO themes. Still, it's worth considering.

What we really need is confirmation that the two Solomon Blazes are intended to be the same character. They don't even look similar. My vote is that the Galaxy Squad character is actually the great-great-great-great-great (possibly more greats) grandfig of the Ultra Agents character. I'm willing to go along with it for now, but I'd like to see some hard evidence. :grin:

TC

....aaaaaaaand after all that speculation I somehow missed the confirmation that Galaxy Squad Solomon Blaze is Ultra Agents Solomon Blaze from a LEGO Magazine from months ago. :laugh: Let the "I told you sos" begin; I've updated the timeline with that and other things.

TC