Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Excalibur: Day Two

It's a short list right now, but I can only vote for one anyway.

My possible scum list:

Jones (flipz): You are overanalizing everything and saying a LOT but in fact saying nothing. You've said you were sure someone was scum, but then they turn out town. You want everyone to trust you with night actions and info but how can we? To top it off you have been going back and forth with logic on if you were contacted or not (I realize you addressed this a few posts ago but it just made me feel more uneasy).

Francis/Shadows: You've contributed absolutely nothing. You check in once in a while to show you are active and tell us we are doing it wrong then disappear again. You are keeping yourself off the radar pretty well, which just makes it all the more suspicious to me.

McAndrews/Brickdoctor: Well I'm sure you knew this was coming, accusing me puts you on my radar. Not so much the initial accusation (everyone should be accused once I say), but the tenacity at which you seem to be intent on lynching me today. I've seen no brown frogs, I'm 100% certain I am still not scum. With that knowledge I can only guess that someone who is after me might be scum themselves.

McAndrews/Brickdoctor: Well I'm sure you knew this was coming, accusing me puts you on my radar. Not so much the initial accusation (everyone should be accused once I say), but the tenacity at which you seem to be intent on lynching me today. I've seen no brown frogs, I'm 100% certain I am still not scum. With that knowledge I can only guess that someone who is after me might be scum themselves.

So when you were wrong about Wright, it was okay, but if I'm wrong about you, as you insist is true, then that makes me suspicious?

I have absolutely no idea. Who knows, maybe he did investigate me. :laugh: If not, he probably saw a scummier target - someone who was actively scummy in the Day thread. Let's pray to God that he didn't investigate Wright. :facepalm:

*Debates with self over revealing information.* Weeeeeeeell...there is a bit of uncertainty with the claim itself, but the person who has claimed Cop to me did not investigate Wright, or Burbank, for that matter. They did clear a Townie, but did not clear you. I don't feel safe revealing any more than that.

This case against me is literally nothing, and this is an empty push. Town doesn't push on air. Scum does. That's why I suspect you.

*cough*CinderellaVs.Pinocchio*cough* I have a poor track record with such things. :blush:

You are forgiven, Lieutenant, and I too am sorry for being a bit snappy and egotistical.

Good. Case closed. :sweet:

If I had known they were mistaken then, I would have said so and not voted at all. The point I am making is that now, in retrospect, we can clearly see how stupid we were and need to learn from that to avoid handing ourselves over to the scum.

I must respectfully disagree. Our lynch of Robbins may be regrettable, but it wasn't stupid; at the time, he was the scummiest and least helpful of us all, and was a logical lynch. "Logical" and "incorrect" are not necessarily incompatible.

So when you were wrong about Wright, it was okay, but if I'm wrong about you, as you insist is true, then that makes me suspicious?

No, the fact that everything I say you come back saying it is suspicious. As if no matter what, you want me dead. That is what makes me suspicious, not because you accused me (as I stated clearly in my previous post).

*Debates with self over revealing information.* Weeeeeeeell...there is a bit of uncertainty with the claim itself, but the person who has claimed Cop to me did not investigate Wright, or Burbank, for that matter. They did clear a Townie, but did not clear you. I don't feel safe revealing any more than that.

Good. Don't reveal more than that. Cleared townies are very prone to kills and conversions. I wonder why the investigator would come to you, though. Try not to reveal their identity to anyone this time :tongue:

No, the fact that everything I say you come back saying it is suspicious. As if no matter what, you want me dead. That is what makes me suspicious, not because you accused me (as I stated clearly in my previous post).

Assuming he was scum, why would he be so dead set on you? If he wanted to see you dead no matter what, he could simply wait for the night without attracting attention. And, by the way, the initial accusation was by me. :grin:

(Hi everyone, sorry for not coming in earlier. I could've sworn that I had left a comment yesterday afternoon, but my browser screwed up at the moment that I posted the comment, and I thought that it would've been posted, but I guess it didn't :sceptic: )

Why are you so worried about looking helpful and active? :look: Voting has just started, it's perfectly excusable to just get here late. Why are you making excuses? :sceptic:

If they didn't catch scum or clear a major lynch target for today (ie. me or Daly), there's no need to reveal that.

I must respectfully disagree. Our lynch of Robbins may be regrettable, but it wasn't stupid; at the time, he was the scummiest and least helpful of us all, and was a logical lynch. "Logical" and "incorrect" are not necessarily incompatible.

Mhm. I must agree here. While it may be a bit controversial, I have no problem with getting rid of scummy townies so they don't muck up our scumdars down the road.

So, you're saying that I'm suspicious because I continue to suspect you and you say that you're Town. How is anyone else supposed to know if you really are Town at this point? We can't. I have no way of knowing if you're telling the truth when you claim to be Town, and I've already laid out my reasons for continuing to suspect you.

Assuming he was scum, why would he be so dead set on you? If he wanted to see you dead no matter what, he could simply wait for the night without attracting attention. And, by the way, the initial accusation was by me. :grin:

I don't know, maybe someone is onto a scum and he needs to get a townie lynched so the scum won't be lynched? That's the only reason I can think of.

You accused me but you haven't been as adamant about lynching me as he has (though you might vote for me anyway while letting him take my wrath in the meantime). This is the way I see it anyway.

I don't know, maybe someone is onto a scum and he needs to get a townie lynched so the scum won't be lynched? That's the only reason I can think of.

You accused me but you haven't been as adamant about lynching me as he has (though you might vote for me anyway while letting him take my wrath in the meantime). This is the way I see it anyway.

But the only other major accusation was against Commander Walters, and, well, he's not really about to be lynched. In fact, Jones has apparently abandonded that. :sceptic:

But the only other major accusation was against Commander Walters, and, well, he's not really about to be lynched. In fact, Jones has apparently abandonded that. :sceptic:

That's a good point. Well I think the time has come to give out my vote. Ive already detailed whi think he is scum but I am looking forward to the discussions.

vote: Lieutenant Richard Francis (Shadows)

Surely you can see that your first sentence is a bit of a stretch at this point.

Personally, I'm most concerned by the fact that Lieutenant Jones is starting to have people claim to him without having any real reason for that trust. He says a claimed cop has cleared a townie, and that the watcher did something last night. I don't think Lieutenant Jones has done anything that should warrant that trust. He's already said that no one claimed to him on Day 1. We're now 3 loyalists down since yesterday - not a good night - and people are starting to share information with him. I'll bet there's a liar in the group somewhere.

Daly, when you accuse somebody, you have to follow up with all the evidence you can, you don't accuse 3 or 4 different people and then just drop it. Francis is no more active than half the crew, and he explained his point adequately earlier today. The reasons you're suspicious of McAndrews are, well, simply foolish, and just because he says there's no way for you alone to overturn his vote doesn't mean you go and accuse others in a way that suggests to me you're just trying to split a bandwagon before it starts.

Now it's just a matter of debating to myself whether or not it's worth the risk to lynch you. You don't exactly scream scummy, but you're somewhat suspicious and the best chance to catch a scum today, as far as I can see. I'll Vote: Arnold Daly (darkdragon). We have around 30 hours left, and if we're going to reach a decision there's no point in waiting. Whether or not we actually will is out of my hands.

Personally, I'm most concerned by the fact that Lieutenant Jones is starting to have people claim to him without having any real reason for that trust. He says a claimed cop has cleared a townie, and that the watcher did something last night. I don't think Lieutenant Jones has done anything that should warrant that trust. He's already said that no one claimed to him on Day 1. We're now 3 loyalists down since yesterday - not a good night - and people are starting to share information with him. I'll bet there's a liar in the group somewhere.

While it is important for townies to have connections with one another, I can't help feeling you're right here. I imagine of the people that claimed, it was several townies who saw the need for order after that fiasco of a day one - while at least one scum saw nothing but opportunity. :sceptic:

The reasons you're suspicious of McAndrews are, well, simply foolish, and just because he says there's no way for you alone to overturn his vote doesn't mean you go and accuse others in a way that suggests to me you're just trying to split a bandwagon before it starts.

For clarity's sake, I never said that there was no way for Daly to overturn my vote, only that what Daly has said so far has not convinced me to change it.

For clarity's sake, I never said that there was no way for Daly to overturn my vote, only that what Daly has said so far has not convinced me to change it.

Ah, right. :blush: In any case, she seems to have given up actually defending herself and is merely defending her own suspicions, so I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Somehow I doubt that Francis would be involved in the scum kill last night, so unless there are two scum factions -- which remains to be proven -- I'm inclined to trust him. But that's just my guts speaking, and you shouldn't listen. :wink:

Hear hear. Assuming that Lieutenant Jones is clean himself, I would consider prime suspects those who claimed to him without strong incentive. It's up to Lieutenant Jones to decide if he ought to believe them or report them.

So much to backtrack! I won't vote yet until I see more conclusive proof.

Really? You won't vote yet because you can't see more conclusive proof? Apparently, according to Flipz there is one "cleared" townie, and that's the only thing resembling proof that any of us have yet, and it's not like that's much help now. :hmpf_bad:

I haven't seen any convincing arguments yet, so I'm going to place my vote on Vote: Lieutenant Suzanne Vanderbilt/(Flare) She's said nothing of substance and has been sliding under the radar all day and yesterday. I'm not trying to draw attention away from any of the other arguments that have been made, but no one has targeted anyone I actually think could be scum.

Shadows has done little to aid our cause, but that could be from aloofness, and Foog does make a good point about the death of Draggy. I honestly don't know how to interpret his apparent lack of participation.

Darkdragon has raised my suspicions, but he's new to the game... of life, and that might be foiling some scumdars. :sceptic:

Sheesh, you all do a lot of talking while I'm busy patrolling the corridors! Seriously... a lot of talking.

It's at least reassuring to see some of my own suspicions being addressed here today, if for no reason other than to allay some of those suspicions. Jones and Walters are at each others' throats, but the more they go at it, the less I find myself convinced that either of them are traitors. Lt. Daly's speculation about the numbers/teams early yesterday morning made me raise an eyebrow, but I backburnered the thought. I don't think he's quite cracked under pressure today, but he sure hasn't dug himself out of any holes, either.

Really? You won't vote yet because you can't see more conclusive proof?

I read "conclusive proof" as "convincing cases", because, as you mentioned, we really don't have any publicly available proof yet.

Well wading through all of these conversations we have two cases it would seem before us. A case against Commander Watlers (Tamamono)and one against Lieutenant Daly (Darkdragon). As Chief Engineer Wilder (Peanuts) initially stated, Daly has been playing the middle road, speaking from past experience this is one of the foremost grasping accusations made by scum as the accused can't win no matter how they answer, believe me I've done it before. However if we are to assume Wilder is a scum trying to bring down a townie, we have to wonder why he would do so when the debate between Jones and Walters is going on. Also it may be worth noting that it looks like we may have a third killer on the loose who attempted to bring an end to the already deceased doctor Burbank during the day which seems more like a SK styled killing, unless of course there are two scum teams and one of them has a day kill. I'm going to read through a little more of the arguments a little more closely before further comments, though it would seem the scuffle between Lieutenant Jones and Commander Walters has calmed down a little bit.

I have to say that this is the oddest post I've ever seen. It seems very haphazard and I think it's funny that Wilder is being accused of diverting attention from the Jones/Walters scuffle, which seemed pretty worthless.

It is possible, of course, that Wilder and Jones are scum team mates, but that seems unlikely. However, Wilder had raised his suspicions against Dily to me already a while back, so I really doubt this is the case. :look:

From the looks of it thus far, although we will have to see what tomorrow brings up, there is probably no SK, and the kills were from scum and town. If it was SK and town, then I don't think we should be too wishful in thinking that the scum's killer was blocked, or the almost "killed" protected. If the second killer is not scum, it means that, most likely, the scum got a night conversion. *huh*

I read "conclusive proof" as "convincing cases", because, as you mentioned, we really don't have any publicly available proof yet.

Oh, you may be right. I thought he was saying he was waiting for proof, which would be dumb.

I have to say that this is the oddest post I've ever seen. It seems very haphazard and I think it's funny that Wilder is being accused of diverting attention from the Jones/Walters scuffle, which seemed pretty worthless.

I agree, and as I pointed out, I find it very suspicious. Lieutenant Suzanne Vanderbil (Flare) may have my vote now, but your behavior has been equally scummy to me.

From the looks of it thus far, although we will have to see what tomorrow brings up, there is probably no SK, and the kills were from scum and town. If it was SK and town, then I don't think we should be too wishful in thinking that the scum's killer was blocked, or the almost "killed" protected. If the second killer is not scum, it means that, most likely, the scum got a night conversion. *huh*

Not to derail the conversation, but I once acted in a black and white holo-show set during the Prohibition era, directed by a man with a similar name to our own Admiral, in which the rhyming serial killer, who I played (very well, if I do say so myself), could only kill by flipping a coin and having it land on heads. Many nights he did not kill because his coin did not land on the proper side. I think he only got one clear cut kill in the show, and that was in the conclusion! :laugh:

Vote Tally:

Arnold Daly (darkdragon): 2 (Brickdoctor, CallMePie)

Richard Francis (Shadows): 1 (darkdragon)

Interesting. You find the person I believe most of all to be Townie, and me who I know to be Townie, scummy. :look:

I really don't know what I've writen that would make you come to such a conclusion. Feel free to show me what it is that makes you believe I know more than I'm letting on, and I'll re-explain it to you. Nothing I've written comes from more than reasoning and observation (and if it's the SK reference, experience.) I've been vocal because I've been actively trying find out who among us is scum. Feel free to "keep your watch" on me, but I assure you I'm an average Townie. :sadnew:

Scubacarrot is acting the same way he was last game when he was one of the only sane townies and I regret not listening to him then. I don't see anything in his actions that would lead me to believe he's scum.

And Palathadric is another who I'm pretty sure is townie, by his actions and his behavior.

Well, you seem to have defended yourself quite well. Mostly, I was airing out my suspicions, trying to get a reaction, and see if that leads us anywhere. It seems that many are quick to defend LT. Wheeler (Scubacarrot), but the main point of defense is purely metagaming. And though I do understand that not all of us can always make it to the canteen, I'd like the LT. to defend herself.

Seeing as I agree with Dannylonglegs about Flare's suspicious activities, and throwaway posts, as well as not being convinced that DarkDragon or Shadows could be scum, I'll Vote: Lieutenant Suzanne Vanderbilt/(Flare).

Well, you seem to have defended yourself quite well. Mostly, I was airing out my suspicions, trying to get a reaction, and see if that leads us anywhere. It seems that many are quick to defend LT. Wheeler (Scubacarrot), but the main point of defense is purely metagaming. And though I do understand that not all of us can always make it to the canteen, I'd like the LT. to defend herself.

Very well, it is only reasonable to air ones suspicions. It's interesting you mention Lt. Wheeler though, because she seems to have radically decreased her efforts to assist us. It almost seems like she is laying low after the Lynch of Peter Robins. :sceptic: It's a really sudden shift in character that makes me wonder if she's just trying to avoid unwanted attention.

Vote Tally:

Arnold Daly (darkdragon): 2 (Brickdoctor, CallMePie)

Richard Francis (Shadows): 1 (darkdragon)

so this doesn't count?

Vote: Lieutenant Suzanne Vanderbilt/(Flare)

Oh, of course, you're right, its got an unneeded slash! Let me fix that!

Vote: Lieutenant Suzanne Vanderbilt(Flare)

Whoops, now it's missing a space!

Vote: Lieutenant Suzanne Vanderbilt (Flare)

Ive already detailed whi think he is scum but I am looking forward to the discussions.

Because I 'haven't contributed anything'. No one has contributed anything, aside from accusations that got innocent people killed. If that's our standard, I'll pass on 'contributing' at this point.

As tempting as it may be to return the favour, I have no way of telling if you're scum or just making a poor decision, so I'll wait to cast my vote until after I've seen what the rest of the crew thinks.

Shadows has done little to aid our cause, but that could be from aloofness, and Foog does make a good point about the death of Draggy. I honestly don't know how to interpret his apparent lack of participation.

I've had nothing to add and don't want to see a repeat of day 1. I will continue to do little until I can actually do something meaningful, which so far, no one has. Let's not confuse talking with helping, let's limit ourselves to results, and so far our results have been miserable.