Sign in to follow this  
Prune Face

Hello from Brickworld!

Hello Eurobricks!

My name is Josh, I'm from northern Indiana and have recently come out of my dark ages. I grew up in the early 90s, and fondly remember classic town sets like 1682 Space Shuttle and 7722 Steam Cargo Train, M-/Black-tron, as well as some Technic sets (especially the pneumatic ones) from when I was a little older. I lost touch with Lego when I went off to college.

Earlier this year, I caught some of the after Christmas clearance sales at Walmart and Meijer, and started buying some sets at 50% off (I love clearance aisle shopping!). I had so much fun with the sets I picked up, within a couple weeks, I had driven around to about 25 'near by' Walmarts, Meijer, and Target stores, and had bought something like 30k bricks in assorted sets.

I started looking for inspiration in something to build with all these new parts, along with the old ones I still have. I browsed flickr and other sites, looking at creations, and eventually came across collections from Brickworld 2011. I was amazed by everything I saw, so I decided that I had to go, since it was relatively close, to take in all the classes and workshops and view the creations myself.

I went to Brickworld by myself, without knowing anyone, and the first day, was warmly welcomed, and made to feel like family by Hinkley, Stash, Peppermint, and other staff and members of this site. I had a great learning experience, saw a lot of incredible creations (like the collab build from Eurobricks members), and had a great time with people who are sure to be long time friends. They encouraged me to join this community, so here I am.

-Prune Face!

Edited by Hinckley
Come on roguey, media tags!

Loads of sweet megablocks :grin:! Welcome PF - now get that copier fixed!

Excellent, welcome to the forum Josh! I was hoping you'd join. It was great hanging out with you.

Looks like I took about 800 photos at Brickworld, so I'll be sorting through those tonight and should probably get some uploaded tomorrow.

Prune Face!!! Best noob ever. Great meeting you. Thanks for joining our mad little corner of the world. You are Prune Face now. :laugh: Perfect. Thanks for your endless help and bottomless bottle of Jameson.

When the face is a Prune...the action goes...

BOOM!!!!

Welcome to our messed up corner of the world.

- Davey -

PRUNE FACE!

BOOOOOM

Hi hi, welcome to the forum!! :laugh:

All of our antics didn't scare you away. Awesome :grin:

Yay Josh!

Or rather:

PRUUNE FACE!!

A warm welcome, and looking forward to seeing your pics. :sweet:

What? how did I miss all that? Oh yeah, my wife drug me away to do vacation-y stuff a bunch... welcome anyhow. PRUNE FACE!!

I hope you got some photos of the EB Guilds stuff too because I only took a couple and haven't checked out the quality yet.

EDIT: Apparently the past tense form of drag is dragged. Noted and mentally ignored :devil:

Awesome work Prune Face, we could use a man of your skills in the rebellion, welcome aboard. It was cool to hang out at Brickworld.

Loads of sweet big behind! :thumbup:

Here's my initial set of general Brickworld photos, it's just what caught my eye on my first run through the pictures, so I haven't had time to do any adjustments on them yet, and I'm sure I'll find more I like.

Also let me know if you have something in particular you are looking for, have a lot that I didn't upload.

General Images - Brickworld 2012

I also went on a spree of shooting trees for some reason, I think I got about every tree on display, micro trees included.

Trees - Brickworld 2012

PRUNE FACE!!!

Glad to see that you enjoyed Brickworld and joined EB!

Welcome to EB!

Welcome Prune Face, your reputation proceeds you!

I'm sure you'll fit right in here and I look forward to possibly meeting you next year at BW......I miss all the fun. :cry_sad:

Prune Face! Was great meeting you at BW, really glad you decided to join EB! :thumbup: