I've been looking at the other threads for 3rd party tires. They're all for the Wheel 56mm D. x 34mm Technic Racing Medium wheel. Are there tires for the Wheel 62mm D. x 46mm Technic Racing Large wheel, or as most of us know it as the Power Puller wheel? I'm not sure what size I should look for. Hopefully someone can help!

The tread on those look more like puller tires. That's odd for a crawler. Someone care to explain this? :laugh:

Sorry to jump in late to the thread.

These tyres look pretty cool, although they seem rather expensive.

I'm curious though, are they specifically designed to be alternative tyres for lego wheels? Or are they tyres designed for non-lego RC cars, which just happen to have the right dimensions to fit onto lego wheels?

Yes, third-party 1.9" (48mm I.D.) tires are made for RC cars and trucks, but they happen to fit the Lego 44772 "Wheel 56mm D. x 34mm Technic Racing Medium" if their width is ~37mm to ~48mm.

I have been trying to find 3rd-party tires that would fit on the 22969 "Wheel 62mm D. x 46mm Technic Racing Large" (the "Power Puller" wheel). The diameter of the rim's interior is 57.4 mm (basically the same as the 44772 wheel above), but I could not stretch the Two Face 1.9 Offroad Scale Tires onto it. The problem is that, when stretching the tire onto the far side of the rim, one cannot clear the 62mm-diameter flange:

22969.jpg

One could take a chance and get some 2.2" (56mm I.D.) RC tires, but they may fit too loosely onto the Power Puller's interior rim (57.4mm) without glue.

Here is a RC Power Puller tire/wheel -- far too wide for the available Lego wheels:

DSC_0374.jpgPowerPuller2Web3702.jpgmini-DCP_5639.JPG

Edited by DLuders

I think that power puller needs one more row of engines ;)

I bite the bullet and ordered the two face tires, I just really liked the design and plan to buy the 4x4 crawler and see how they work. wheels+shipping to canada was under $40 so good place to shop from.

Good lord, doesn't that man know that if you put too many engines onto a playset it'll collapse into a dimension where you have to wrestle a moose chewing walnuts while wearing flannel?!

Good lord, doesn't that man know that if you put too many engines onto a playset it'll collapse into a dimension where you have to wrestle a moose chewing walnuts while wearing flannel?!

I thought everybody knew that!

@DLUDERS... Could you please post a picture of the Two-Face tires on the LEGO rims? If you haven't already.

Thanks,

- Mike

Never mind, I found it... :blush:

i have found an other tire size which should fit on a lego rim

1.55" + lego id 41896

as example a Mickey thompson MTZ (USA /germany)

the tire has a outer diameter of83,5 mm and a width of 26 mm. the inner diameter is 39 mm. so they should fit on the Wheel 43.2mm D. x 26mm Technic Racing Small, 3 Pinholes

Edited by efferman

RC4WD Rock Creepers 1.9 (Left) & Lego 54120 (Right). Both are mounted on the standard Lego 44772 wheel:

7608916182_0b85bcafeb_c.jpg

On my Flickr photoset, I show how the RC4WD Rock Creepers 1.9 Scale Tires fit well onto the standard Lego 44772 wheels. I got a bunch of those wheels from Dannnohhh's Bricklink store. :classic:

A Lego Technic 8297 Off-Roader set is modeling the tires for comparison with the standard Lego 54120 balloon "Tire 94.8 x 44 R" ones that come with that set.

The Rock Creepers tires ( http://store.rc4wd.com/Rock-Creepers-19-Scale-Tires_p_222.html , available from these multiple sources ) have these dimensions:

"* Outer Diameter: 3.8" (95mm)

* Width: 1.45" (37mm)

* Inner Diameter: 1.9" (48mm) ."

These are close to the Lego tire's dimensions, but with the soft rubber compound and big lugs, it will perform better in rock crawling duties.

Rock Creepers 1.9 vs. Lego 54120 Tire -- Note the greater "contact patch" of the Rock Creepers compared to the Lego tire. Also, the large rubber "lugs" on the Rock Creepers will help latch onto rocks easier than the rounded, cut-off lugs on the Lego tire:

7608915720_9e812a70d5_c.jpg

Rock Creepers 1.9 (Rear) vs. Lego 54120 Tires (Front), modelled on the Lego 8297 Off-Roader II:

7608916432_047b82e9b7_c.jpg

Lego 54120 / Rock Creepers / Rok Lox / Two Face Tires -- From left to right (all mounted on the standard Lego 44772 wheels): Standard Lego 54120 "94.8 x 44R Balloon Tire; RC4WD Rock Creepers 1.9 Scale Tire ( http://store.rc4wd.com/Rock-Creepers-19-Scale-Tires_p_222.html ); RC4WD Rok Lox 1.9 Comp Tire ( http://store.rc4wd.com/Rok-Lox-19-Comp-Tires_p_696.html ); and RC4WD Two Face 1.9 Offroad Scale Tire ( http://store.rc4wd.com/Two-Face-19-Offroad-Scale-Tires_p_705.html ). Any 1.9" (48mm Inside Diameter) RC tire in the 37-48mm width range should fit the Lego 44772 "Wheel 56mm D. x 34mm Technic Racing Medium" ( http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=44772 ).

7608915606_9ce5f97d14_c.jpg

Edited by DLuders

@ efferman: I received a set of four Mickey Thompson 1.55 Baja MTZ Scale Tires, and mounted them on Sariel's Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (which uses the Lego 41896 "Wheel 43.2mm D. x 26mm Technic Racing Small, 3 Pinholes"). The appearance is thinner than the Lego balloon tires, but is perhaps a more realistic "scale" tire like one would find in the real world. My Flickr photoset

7640619670_44c7ca7aa0_c.jpg7640619366_7c451c7205_c.jpg7640619954_fd26fa5158_c.jpg

that is beautifull. the tire fits perfect to the wrangler. thank you very much for ordering these tires. how soft and sticky is the compound ?

@ efferman: The Mickey Thompson 1.55 Baja MTZ Scale Tires (available from multiple sources) has these specifications:

"Outer Diameter: 3.28" (83.5mm)

Width: 1.02" (26mm)

Inner Diameter: 1.55" (39mm)

Advanced X3 Soft & Sticky Compound

Reinforced sidewall"

The tire has the same "Advanced X3 Soft & Sticky Compound" as the other RC4WD tires I got (Rok Lox 1.9 Comp Tires and the Two Face 1.9 Offroad Scale Tires). They are MUCH SOFTER and MUCH GRIPPIER than the hard rubber Lego balloon tires.

I spent 3 hours building most of the 9398 4x4 Crawler this evening. I intend to compare the crawling abilities of the stock tires vs. the 3rd party tires (including the Rock Creepers 1.9 Scale Tires) soon. Although I'd like to finish the set now, I got to get some rest for work tomorrow.... :sceptic:

@ efferman: I received a set of four Mickey Thompson 1.55 Baja MTZ Scale Tires, and mounted them on Sariel's Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (which uses the Lego 41896 "Wheel 43.2mm D. x 26mm Technic Racing Small, 3 Pinholes"). The appearance is thinner than the Lego balloon tires, but is perhaps a more realistic "scale" tire like one would find in the real world. My Flickr photoset

Lego tires looks so sh*tty after such beauty :sick:

David, if you'll paint words "Mickey Tompson" with white color - that would be cool :thumbup:

Waiting for your video, give us some positive emotions :sweet:

Edited by rm8

Oh wow.

That looks badass. Do the tires rub the fenders badly?

Hoping to see these in action!

Man those two face tyres look HUGE!! :thumbup:

i ordered a set and i dont even know when the crawler is being released in Australia.....

Thats it, no more waiting for the set to reach OZ. I'm heading to bricklink LOL :tongue:

I like the look and size of these rock crusher x/t tires, they are kind of an alternative to the ansmann tiresdefault_thumbup.gif88958-l1-500x500.jpgIMG_0004-13.jpg

Erhh.. and what about Pro-Line FLAT IRON G8 (1.9")..?! :sweet:

"Oh, noo.. I want to see them soo badly! Let's see them!"

cimg0078.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0130.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0116.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0135.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0138.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0140.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0143.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0144.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0145.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0157.jpg_thumb.jpg

Some crawling in the rockery..

cimg0159a.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0160a.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0161a.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0162a.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0163a.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0164a.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0165a.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0166a.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0167a.jpg_thumb.jpg

..and on :laugh: the car:

cimg0182.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0183.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0189.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0190.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0191.jpg_thumb.jpg

2 cat from 2 would use this tire! :grin:

cimg0194.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0195.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0199.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0200.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0201.jpg_thumb.jpg cimg0203.jpg_thumb.jpg