Sign in to follow this  
lightningtiger

Which is your favourite 2012 Great Vehicle ?

105 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite 2012 Great Vehicle ?

• 4431 - Ambulance
    • 4432 - Garbage Truck
    • 4433 - Dirt Bike Transporter
    • 4434 - Dump Truck
    • 4435 - Car and Camper

Now this is a good question what is your favourite Great Vehicle and is there more than one ? :wink:

To help you choose.....

4431-1.jpg

4431 - Ambulance

4432-1.jpg

4432 - Garbage Truck

4433-1.jpg

4433 - Dirt Bike Transporter

4434-1.jpg

4434 - Dump Truck

4435-1.jpg

4435 - Car and Camper

Plus which earlier Lego City vehicle would you consider an equal to call it a Great Vehicle as well ? :wink:

It would be interesting to see everyone's answers. :classic:

For me, at number one is the Dump Truck, why....new parts to build the tipper tray with and a wheel barrow :wub: , finally a construction tool 30 years in the making is here ! :grin:

My choice for an earlier vehicle to be considered a Great Vehicle, simple....it's set in concrete ! :laugh:

7990-1.jpg

7990 - Cement Mixer

Vote On everyone ! :grin:

I think the range of new vehicles has been great this spring, but for me its a close call between car/caravan and the dump truck

The Dump truck has some great new parts but the winner for me is the car/caravan (inspite of the stupid arch!).

My favorite has to be the Car and Caravan. As soon as money goes into my account im picking it up straight away :wub:

My vote goes to the Ambulance although the Car & Caravan and the Dirt Bike Transporter are also great.

I voted for the Dirt Bike Transporter, because it brings back fond memories of 6677. I generally like all five sets, but there are things I strongly dislike with 4431 and 4432: The use of stickers instead of grille tiles, the ridiculously tall steering wheel in 4432 (just like in 4643), and the use of 1x2 plates with handle/1x2 tiles instead of proper suitcases in 4431. Sloppy designing, if you ask me, and not what I expect from such skilled people as Lego's designers.

I'd have to say the Garbage Truck, too. I don't have the dump truck yet, and I too think that if the recycling truck is included, I'd have to go with it.

I'm not a fan of how Lego's camper trucks open, and the yellow car doesn't seem particularly unique to me. The ambulance isn't really doing anything for me either... maybe I'm just among those who prefer seeing more of these "civilian" vehicles and sets after so much public safety (fire, police, etc) over the past few years.

I love all the vehicles, but the Garbage Truck is my favourite - very typical to find these types of these rubbish trucks in my area :classic:

I absolutely love :wub: all 6 vehicles (including the recycling truck), it was a hard choice but my favourite would have the be the Car and Camper. The design is so much better than the previous one, this camper looks very streamlined, smooth overall a great design and look. I am going to wait until TRU has a sale on City, then I can buy all of these babies!

I'd vote for the Recycling truck (why is it not included? :sad: ). However, out of the listed ones, it's pretty close between the Ambulance and the Car and Camper. Since I don't own (yet) the latter, my vote goes to the Ambulance. The reason for this is not so much related to the vehicle itself, but more to the set as a whole. There's the green bike, and the paramedics, and an ambulance itself is something not seen in LEGO for few years now, and although not perfect, it has great playability.

Edited by Redhead1982

I'd vote for the Recycling truck (why is it not included? :sad: ). However, out of the listed ones, it's pretty close between the Ambulance and the Car and Camper. Since I don't own (yet) the latter, my vote goes to the Ambulance.

I completely agree with everything you said. :thumbup:

1) Recycling Truck/Forklift

2) Amberlamps

I'm not voting since my #1 choice is not listed. :sceptic:

It's great to see everyone picking there favourite and it's not all one sided.....in fact it's interesting to see in the stores which one is the most popular....the one almost sold out that is in some stores......4435 Car and Camper. :wink:

Now to clear something up the recycling truck with telearm forklift is not part of the Great Vehicles range....perhaps Lego could have included it, but it is a store exclusive in Oz which means we'll have to wait up to 6 months for it to hit the mid-year toy sales. :blush:

Here's something to watch from Lego.com......

Edited by lightningtiger

It's great to see everyone picking there favourite and it's not all one sided.....in fact it's interesting to see in the stores which one is the most popular....the one almost sold out that is in some stores......4435 Car and Camper. :wink:

Now to clear something up the recycling truck with telearm forklift is not part of the Great Vehicles range....perhaps Lego could have included it, but it is a store exclusive in Oz which means we'll have to wait up to 6 months for it to hit the mid-year toy sales. :blush:

Here's something to watch from Lego.com......

HEY! :laugh: Wow...

I actually thought the recycling truck was one, but, whatever.

My favorite of the Great Vehicle line is definitely the ambulance- I’ve been waiting for a new one of those to come out for years! The exterior of the vehicle looks quite realistic- the inside is pretty roomy, too!

My second favorite of the Great Vehicle line is the car and caravan, which looks nice. I’m going to pick that one up soon.

I'd have to say the Dirt bike Transporter, the suv isn't anything new design-wise but with the trailer and bikes, I think its a great set(just wish it came with the new red dirt bike).

Mainly because I have always loved LEGO motorcycles to run around(and am hoping they create the vintage-style motorcycle in new colors).

As for old sets, I have always favored 7635 the Truck and horse trailer(so the similarity makes it easy to pick the Dirt bike transporter).

Ah, I see now. It's the "Great Vehicles" not just some "great vehicles." I didn't know they were called that! I'll stick with the garbage truck, but I can't wait to get the recycling truck. :wink:

I voted 4431. I need more traffic lights in my town. I also have a yellow curb! :tongue: The new EMTs are really great figs, too.

Edited by Legocrazy81