whung

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 7 Discussion

Wait until I add a hairpiece, then the rabbit will be female. :tongue:

But seriously, what is it with my observations and finding myself at the bottom of a forum pile...

I'd love to see them push the envelope and call him "Office Drone". :grin:

Am I the only one that thinks for the Office Drone to be really accurate, the cup print should not be a "c:\" prompt, but "RTFM"?

8)Tennis - I'm pleased with this, (except for the face). The Series 3 tennis lady now has an opponent! Good hair and decent outfit though I cannot see if he is wearing shorts or trousers (shorts would be preferable). I like the fact that Lego give us more than one character for each sport. Hopefully plenty more Sports figures in future lines (cricket, table tennis, field hockey, more football, skiing)

I think he's wearing shorts - you can see a yellow stripe on his leg.

The bagpiper, swimmer and dardevil look just like I imagined they should look in minifg form! The hippie as well, though a peace sign and pink/orange lens in his glasses would have helped. Though like this his face is more versatile. Hopefully there will be a hippie girl somewhere along the line. My one nitpick is that the eagle warrior headdress should look more organic, as the Aztecs didn't have metal helmets.

After some while to think about it, my response:

Geek: 2x - Nice to have it, but won't need much.

Bride: 2x - Don't need that. Sure that we will have the male counterpart soon.

Stunt: 2x - Btw I truly hope the cape is NOT printed.

Viking Woman: Nx - I never thought I'd be army building for women, but she deserves it.

Jungle Boy: Nx - Barbarians are welcome.

Easter Bunny: 2x - Nice concept, but I don't need that.

Swimmer: 2x - For me this is a bronze medal, pointing out we will have golden and silver.

Tennis Player: 2x - Passing on.

Punk Rocker: 2x - I bet the hairpiece is made on soft plastic.

Aztec Warrior: 5-8x - Very nice.

Bagpipe Scotman: 2x - But the kilt... I'd need tons ...

Spacemarine: 2x - I don't build sci-fi... but it's tempting.

Hippie: 2x - Doesn't fit in my lego Universe

Black Knight TONS - I'd never get enough of this stuff

Red Hood: 5x - Red Hood and small cape is worth the fig for me.

Neptune: Nx - Welcome aboard, merfolks!

As usual, here my "feel the bags" advice for army builders.

Bride and Viking Woman: Find the slope as legs, then look for the shield. If there is, it's a viking, either is the other one.

Aztec: Unmissable. Headgear is unique.

Space Marine: Unmissable if you focus on the armor.

Jungle Boy: Unmissable, the Monkey is unique.

Scotman: Unmissable, the bagpipe is unique.

Punk Rocker: Go for the guitar, watch out you can mistake it for a sword.

Neptune: ABSOLUTELY unmissable for the leg piece.

Red Hood: Unmissable, the only short legs.

Bunny: Unmissable, unique headgear.

Knight: The shield should be easy to find. Otherwise, the amour is easy too.

Hippie: The hairpiece should be easy to guess.

This leaves four which are less easy to identify.

The stuntman could be found via the helmet, but it could be mistaken with the space marine.

The geek should be found via the cup.

The swimmer should be found via the headgear.

The tennis player via the racquet.

"...Fine, here they are, and they're spectacular."

That reminds me of a line from the show Seinfeld.

Maybe LEGO released these images early because they are starting production and they are afraid that someone from a factory will leak less marketable pictures like they did with series 6. If images are going to be out there, they might as well look really good to make the best possible first impression on consumers.

I'm hoping the space marine helmet has the visor on the inside, right up against the face. I keep staring at the high res picture and I could swear the eyepiece looks to be more clear than the face details. Maybe I am am just seeing what I want to see though.

Edited by mo123567

I'm sure I missed someone mentioning it before, but the Basket with the Little Red Riding Hood will be useful enough to get multiple so her.

Also I wonder if the viking woman is designed as more of an opera singer than a true warrior?

They abandoned the sprue of the plumes already at the Series 1 Forestman, so I'm rather sure we won't get two knifes, as there appear to be no more extras in CMFs. Not sure about the flowers, though.

Yes, but then again the Series 1 Minifigures used almost entirely new molds exclusive to Made-In-China figs. Since Series 3, however, certain figs use pre-existing molds with pre-existing Design IDs (for instance, the Samurai's armor is the same as that from the Ninja theme). So it's hard to say whether the Forestman's precedent is still valid.

Whoa nice Hi-Res picture, thanks. It is hard to say but I am willing to bet the black knight's shield is a Red Wolf. That would be highly amusing putting him right next to little red riding hood. If that is a Red Wolf I expect the black knights popularity to skyrocket. :wub:

Unfortunately it looks like I was right and the Space Marine has no visor. The only real question is does he have an orange printed face or is the whole head orange. Fortunately it looks as though a normal helmet with visor will fit as long as there isn't anything wacky going on in the back of the armor piece. If we are really lucky the new helmet could actually have a visor attach to it even if it doesn't come with one as is. The one side of the helmet looks like it might the other not so much, tough call. The classic space logo on the shoulder is just icing on the cake. Despite the visor issue the Space Marine is definitely the "Spartan" of Series 7. :grin:

Nice to see that hood in red. And the aztec guy is fab.

Is anyone else seeing a boar on the black knights shield? Looks like an ear and the top of a tusk?

Is anyone else seeing a boar on the black knights shield? Looks like an ear and the top of a tusk?

I did in post #123. :grin:

The swimmer will probably have a name and/or number printed on her back, otherwise that torso could make a nice upper part of a simple black dress (I think someone already speculated about the usability of the piece earlier in this thread).

Also I wonder if the viking woman is designed as more of an opera singer than a true warrior?

I think they would have chosen a different expression and more extravagant attire if they were really aiming for an opera singer. The dress looks quite accurate historically, even surprisingly so (apart from the helmet, obviously).

That would be my guess, too. Not sure if I like the design or not (of course it's hard to say when we've seen only less than half of it), but as a rule it's great to have new heraldic symbols.

Loving series 7. There are so many unique pieces that they should be able to identify by feeling the packs. The Bagpiper alone was enough to excite me, but I want an army of Easter Bunnies. :) Nice work, Lego!! :wub:

The swimmer will probably have a name and/or number printed on her back, otherwise that torso could make a nice upper part of a simple black dress (I think someone already speculated about the usability of the piece earlier in this thread).

I think they would have chosen a different expression and more extravagant attire if they were really aiming for an opera singer. The dress looks quite accurate historically, even surprisingly so (apart from the helmet, obviously).

That would be my guess, too. Not sure if I like the design or not (of course it's hard to say when we've seen only less than half of it), but as a rule it's great to have new heraldic symbols.

I'm also seeing a boar.. :)

in regard to the space marines head, I'm gonna say it is an orange printing over the facial print, like this Exo-force

Also, just noticed that the hippie guy has nearly unnoticable glasses on

Edited by Archer

if only the space marine has a visor and is printed...instead of facial prints. i'm sure they will sell like hotcakes. right now, none of the visors are ever printed. the crosshairs and the other data info should have been printed on the visor...that will allow more customization. right now, you can't really army build since they will all look like clones as you can't switch the heads around.

Needless to say I was stunned when I saw the High Rez pics of Series 7 this weekend. Good thing I wasn't at work; I'd have gotten nothing done the rest of the day! Keeping in mind my slant for making superheroes, here is my opinion of the minifigs of this series:

Pink Rocker: Drop the guitar and the outfit screams cheesy 1980's villainess with electricity powers. I'll use her just the way she is.

Office Nerd: I don't have that hair piece yet and I like the sweater vest.

Bride: Beautiful face, hair, and crown. I like the new plant design. It's much better for holding. I'm really looking forward to getting a better look at the torso.

Aztec: This one floors me. They outdid themselves on this guy. The gold head dress is out of this world. The torso and leg printing are awesome. I like the little golden head detail on the torso. I already have two Aztec hero/villains, but this guy might take thier place. I might be most excited about the face print. It has superhero mask written all over it.

Stuntman: This guy is easily from the 70's/80's. The face and hair combo is spot on. That torso is going to make a great 70's patriotic hero. I wonder if his legs have printing? All I can see is the blue waist. Just noticed the helmet, that's pretty cool.

Bagpipe Guy: Bagpipes are cool. Nice touch with the frosty brows on the face. Cool new hat. I don't care much for the cloth kilt, but I know there's not really a better way to make a kilt on a minifig. I can't wait to see the torso. Two words for epic coolness: argyle socks!

Viking: I think if they were going for the opera look, it would have turned out different, so this must be a "real" viking. An opera viking would have had a valkyrie (golden, round 'chest' plates) look to it. I really dig the torso, but the helmet/hair is waht I'm after. I've been thinking of how to pull that off by customizing pieces. I'm glad they saved me the effort. Really pretty face. I already have a hero that'll be getting a face lift.

Space Marine: I saw this one before I saw the Aztec and about fell out of my seat. Several months ago, one of the Lego Store magazinges had renderings of minifigs from the different guilds from LU. They were done similar to how Lego shows the CMS guys, so I thought maybe they were going to release them. Sadly I was mistaken, but they looked so awesome, I've been working on modding exsisting pieces to try to come close. This guy is exactly the look I was going for! I don't think the armor is too bulky. The helmet is 1000 times better than the one that's been used in SP and Alien Conquest. I hated how tall that one was. I know some people don't like the face print, but with this helmet, I think it works. I too wonder if his whole head is orange. I'll get at least two of these b/c the leg and torso printing looks cool enough to be used apart from the armor. I also like the gun in black.

Jungle Boy: I guess I'll get one just to have it. I don't really need another bare chest or monkey.

Hippie: Hair and torso rock, dude!

Bunny Suit: Cute. I'll get one just to have it, but I can't think of a real use (for what I do, anyway).

Knight: The leg printing is too cool! I hope the torso is printed as well. I'm not a big fan of that type armor piece, but the print job makes it look cool. Really digging the sword. The face print is great (red eyes!). I'm going to say boar with long hair coming off its snout. It's just too hairy-looking to be a rhino, and boars were more commonly used than rhinos back then.

Swimmer: I don't have a medal, so that's cool. I like the swimmer's cap. The bikini bottom is nice, but I like the thought of using the torso as the top of a dress.

Red Riding Hood: Creepy large face. Why does Lego make children's faces larger than adult faces? Loving the red hood and half-cape. I guess it's good to have a basket, but I don't know what I'd do with it.

Tennis Player: I like his hair the best. The face print is okay. I don't know that I'd ever use the rest of him.

Neptune: Crown with hair piece: awesome! I'd love one of the new mermaid pieces. Soon my collection of tridents will be complete. It's like they throw these in with every set now.

Edited by Lego_Hero

Please pardon my back-to-back posts, but I wanted to rank these guys from favorite to least.

1. Space Marine. This was the closest race b/c the Aztec is also first rate. This guy wins b/c every piece has multiple uses.

2. Aztec. Had the weapon been the traditional machette/hatchet-thing (similar to the exsisting chainsaw) they use, this guy would have won.

3. Stuntman. The torso alone makes this guy a must-have.

4. Knight. The leg and face printing and possibility of torso printing carry this guy.

5. Viking. Torso, face, and helmt/hair. Nuff Said.

6. Bagpipes. In addition to what we see, you know he's going to have a new torso print.

7. Rocker. Solid 80's Gold!

8. Red Riding Hood. Hood and half-cape. Does that face scream fairie to you if you add elf hair?

9. Swimmer. Black cap. Bikini. Medal.

10. Bride. Torso print could be awesome.

11. Neptune. Crown and mermaid piece. What if there is a necklace under that beard?

12. Tennis Player. I want that hair!

13. Hippie. Again, hair.

14. Bunnysuit. Don't get me wrong, he's so cool, but I would never use him in anything.

15. Office Geek. Sweater vest. Bow tie.

16. Jungle Boy. Nothing really new here. There's even a torso print from the old customization website that looks similar to this torso.

Bride: Beautiful face, hair, and crown. I like the new plant design. It's much better for holding. I'm really looking forward to getting a better look at the torso.

Andhe noticed on the fourth page that the bride's torso (and the hairpiece, but not the face) is the same that was used in a Lego creation celebrating the British royal wedding back in the spring. Here we can see the hair piece from a partly profile view revealing that the hair is tied into a bun.

Man, I'm lovin' these! Was I the only one who saw the Space Marine and thought, "In the grim, dark future of LEGO 40,000, there is only war..."? XD I'm going to have to get some of them definitely. Also, the Female Viking will make a nice addition to my small, but ever growing, army of Chaos warriors, as will the Tarzan dude (with some serious additions, mostly of the BF kind), and the black knight.... Let's just say that I'm going to need 9 of them. ;)

Also must-have's for me from this set are the Aztec Warrior (Caribbean League Spec Ops), and at least one bride and hippie (that hair is perfect for female dwarves), and probably Little Red Riding Hood, just because....

I think you misunderstood Haltiamieli. He said that the bride's torso (and presumably also the slope) here in Series 7 and the one in the Royal Wedding MOC is the same.

The one you showed is from the Cake Topping set and is indeed different. Which is great, more printed dresses! :sweet:

I think you misunderstood Haltiamieli. He said that the bride's torso (and presumably also the slope) here in Series 7 and the one in the Royal Wedding MOC is the same.

The one you showed is from the Cake Topping set and is indeed different. Which is great, more printed dresses! :sweet:

I remember Warren Elsmore saying that they had been sworn to secrecy about the Royal Wedding figure, so it's cool to see it finally turn up in this theme for all to get access to. It was mainly the hair that I'd noticed was the same, but yes the torso looks the same as well (as opposed to the official wedding toppers, where the dress is indeed different).