Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Baritones 3: Day Three

Seems my ability to talk today is rather limited due to messed up internet connection at the moment, so I'll be brief.

Vote: Donil (Waterbrick Down)

I'll try to keep track of the rest of the Day's discussion so I can unvote and vote for someone else if it's needed.

After going through all you've said, it still comes down to either Ruxana or Donil today. We chose between an unblockable tracker and a weak tracker. As far as I can see, Ruxana has no reason at all to come forward so bluntly with her accusation today if she'd be lying, because - as Stanislav indicates - her head will be on the chopping block next.

You and Stanislav are both convinced that Ruxana is town just because she brought forward this evidence. However, the scum power-roles will try to buy as much time as they can so they can continue to kill/block/strong-arm/whatever for at least one more night.

A weak tracker is not such a powerful role at all for the town, because a weak tracker (which Donil claims) only learns whether their targets go out at night or not. It can be very useful for the scum though, because anyone with a night action that is not one of them, is a very suitable target for a night kill, because it's either a townie or perhaps someone from a rival family.

That's why it's so obvious that Donil's trying to get himself lynched. :hmpf: He probably took one of the less-obvious scummy sounding actions from a book called Werewolf and claimed it in hopes that we'd all remember that book and vote him off.

I am sure we can get a lynch So far, Donil only needs three more votes, Ruxana needs four. There's still four people left to vote, and scum or town or third party, none of them will want to be mod-killed. I myself will change my vote, if we wouldn't reach a conviction, and I think others will do as well. But once again, Barbara has yet to unvote Boris, although she has had time to do so. She must have realized that we certainly will not convict her husband, so why doesn't she change her vote for one of the two favourites?

Once again? I wasn't aware I had voted and unvoted Boris before.

Unvote: Boris (Brickdoctor)

I can't decide my mind but I got to go with my guts, especially not being able to help for the first few days. I will jump onto the bandwagon for the Ruxana's case and pray that we got it right.

Vote Ruxana (Roncanator)

That's why it's so obvious that Donil's trying to get himself lynched. :hmpf: He probably took one of the less-obvious scummy sounding actions from a book called Werewolf and claimed it in hopes that we'd all remember that book and vote him off.

Is he? Is it obvious? He's argued quite a bit in my opinion. And the last things you were saying were that you thought they were both scum, but you were worried about the unblockable nature of Ruxana's night action.

Of the two choices we have, I still think that Donil is the best choice for lynching. My vote stands.

You and Stanislav are both convinced that Ruxana is town just because she brought forward this evidence.

I'm not convinced at all. But it's not just Stanislav and me who think this way. I just added my reasoning to it, because I like to explain how I arrived at my conclusion.

If you read my reasoning today, you'll see that I question Ruxana's choice of target (I don't think Donil really 'stood out') and her strong-arm option. On the other hand, her claim is undoubtedly going to get her lynched tomorrow if Donil turns up town, so I indeed question why someone would do that at that point (there were no votes cast yet if I recall correctly). Also, as I explained, Donil's role is extremely useful to the town. Because, what is there to act upon if he finds someone going out at night? Is it a mafia night action or a town night action? If the mafia find someone with a night action, that would make them a prime target for a night kill, because they know who's on their side, so it must be a town night action (or maybe even a rival mafia night action).

I hate to see the votes divided, and after looking through at the votes again, I will go for Donil instead. Sorry pal.

Unvote: Ruxana (Roncanator)

Also, as I explained, Donil's role is extremely useful to the town.

Sorry, "not extremely useful" is what I meant to say of course.

Is he? Is it obvious? He's argued quite a bit in my opinion. And the last things you were saying were that you thought they were both scum, but you were worried about the unblockable nature of Ruxana's night action.

Of the two choices we have, I still think that Donil is the best choice for lynching. My vote stands.

I still think they're both scum, and Donil's planning to 'take one for the team' so Ruxana can be cleared (or at least have one more chance to use her action). And I am still worried about her unblockable action, despite the fact that our blocker is dead (Yuri). I do not believe that a townie (and a tracker!) would have a strong-arm action.

If you read my reasoning today, you'll see that I question Ruxana's choice of target (I don't think Donil really 'stood out') and her strong-arm option. On the other hand, her claim is undoubtedly going to get her lynched tomorrow if Donil turns up town, so I indeed question why someone would do that at that point (there were no votes cast yet if I recall correctly).

Donil will not turn up town. That's the whole point. This is a plot by Ruxana, Donil, and whoever else is on their team to clear Ruxana, because the probably believe Ruxana's action to be extremely helpful to them. You have to face it, after Yuri was killed after talking about Ruxana's action, there was a very high chance that today's suspicion would be on her.

And like I said, even one more night is enough for a scum role to continue to wreak havoc. If Donil's willing to give himself up, he must not have a very important night action.

Also, as I explained, Donil's role is extremely useful to the town. Because, what is there to act upon if he finds someone going out at night? Is it a mafia night action or a town night action? If the mafia find someone with a night action, that would make them a prime target for a night kill, because they know who's on their side, so it must be a town night action (or maybe even a rival mafia night action).

That's what I'm telling you. :hmpf: Donil is either vanilla mafia or the hitman, and he's pretending to have this role (that everyone who's read Werewolf knows about) so he can be lynched without people thinking of him as a Jester or whatever.

I hate to see the votes divided, and after looking through at the votes again, I will go for Donil instead. Sorry pal.

Unvote: Ruxana (Roncanator)

I'm pretty sure that's twelve votes for Donil, but 72 hours isn't up yet, so I assume everyone who's name isn't in Rouge still has a chance to switch their votes?

You and Stanislav are both convinced that Ruxana is town just because she brought forward this evidence. However, the scum power-roles will try to buy as much time as they can so they can continue to kill/block/strong-arm/whatever for at least one more night.

Since you missed this, apparently...

Let me be clear then, I don't want a misunderstanding.

Whichever one is lynched today, assuming that happens (AND IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN), I want the other one investigated, watched, and generally harassed the hell out of until we know their alignment. I do not, in any way, think that the alignment of one guarantees the alignment of the other. For all I know, they could be working together, or even more likely, part of two different groups working against each other.

Make no mistake, there is little doubt in my mind that at least one of them is scum, I just think the more immediate threat is Donil. That doesn't mean Ruxana isn't a threat as well. It doesn't mean I'm right about anything, sadly, but I certainly hope I am.

And to simplify... I do not know what Ruxana is, but she came forward knowing the consequences and even when reminded of that, she stuck to her claim. That counts for something in my book.

It also means she's dead if it goes wrong. It also means she's still a suspect if it goes right, since there are other possible motives.

Clear now?

And with that I think we finally have a conviction. :sweet: Vodka all around! Nice to see us finally able to agree on something, even if it was by a very tight margin.

And to simplify... I do not know what Ruxana is, but she came forward knowing the consequences and even when reminded of that, she stuck to her claim. That counts for something in my book.

It also means she's dead if it goes wrong. It also means she's still a suspect if it goes right, since there are other possible motives.

Clear now?

I suppose so, but I'm still going to stick with my vote. Out of both of them, I think lynching the 'unblockable' one is the better choice.

I think lynching the 'unblockable' one is the better choice.

Since we have time now, perhaps you can help me with that point, it's sort of eluded me all day.

According to what verified source (and living, please, all these people speaking for the dead, pulling things out of thin air without proof, wanting us to take their word on it...) is Ruxana 'unblockable'?

Please tell me it isn't her own claim that we're basing this on because I know this story about this guy who was unblockable, unconvertable, and unkillable at night. I think he was an FBI agent also. He made a point of telling everyone he could and they believed him. He was being less than truthful in an attempt to gain additional power and not be interfered with.

It worked pretty well, too, if I do say so myself. :laugh:

Oh, and honestly, they could both be unblockable (I doubt either one is, though). We have no indication that anyone tried to block Donil, do we?

Since we have time now, perhaps you can help me with that point, it's sort of eluded me all day.

According to what verified source (and living, please, all these people speaking for the dead, pulling things out of thin air without proof, wanting us to take their word on it...) is Ruxana 'unblockable'?

Unfortunately, there is no living person that has proved to me that Ruxana is unblockable. I'm basing my theory about her being unblockable on what Samuel has said that Yuri told him (I think Samuel's pretty trustworthy at this point, but he could have been converted last night).

Please tell me it isn't her own claim that we're basing this on because I know this story about this guy who was unblockable, unconvertable, and unkillable at night. I think he was an FBI agent also. He made a point of telling everyone he could and they believed him. He was being less than truthful in an attempt to gain additional power and not be interfered with.

It worked pretty well, too, if I do say so myself. :laugh:

Well, I'm half basing this off of Yuri's results and half on the fact that she admitted it when under suspicion. She wasn't just out of the blue saying, "Hey, I'm unblockable, so all you blockers stay away from me!", she was admitting under pressure that she had a strong-arm action (which no townie would have).

Oh, and honestly, they could both be unblockable (I doubt either one is, though). We have no indication that anyone tried to block Donil, do we?

It's unlikely. Just one unblockable action is powerful enough, and if they were both unblockable, they would choose one of their other (vanilla) scum-mates to be the lynch-victim today.

Since the day will not end in a while still, I have a request to Donil:

If you are truly a town like you say, please give out any information you can that you know of. It won't save you, of course, but it could help us track down the scum. And if you're scum, don't bother lying because tomorrow morning will reveal everything.

I hope this isn't against the rules of life, since Donil is not technically dead yet.

Actually, I have to agree with Stanislav, that "unblockable" sounds hard to believe. And even more in combination with "tracker". And as a scum role, it's very impropable. Actually, I assumed Ruxana claimed she was immune against all night actions, but since she didn't bother to point that out although I said "unblockable" all the time, I don't think so anymore. In fact, the only night action which makes sence in combination with "unblockable" is in my opinion a killer, e.g. a strongman. So there's most likely something wrong with her claim.

Oh, and why should Donil, assuming he's town, tell us publicly his other result of who has a night action or not? That would only help the scum. He'd better tell it Denis or Petr via PM.

Oh, and why should Donil, assuming he's town, tell us publicly his other result of who has a night action or not?

I never said he should do it publicly. :hmpf:

I hope this isn't against the rules of life, since Donil is not technically dead yet.

I don't think so, since we are appealing to him for the very last time.

Oh, and why should Donil, assuming he's town, tell us publicly his other result of who has a night action or not? That would only help the scum. He'd better tell it Denis or Petr via PM.

If he tells Petr, he might as well tell everyone. Let's not forget that Petr GOT YURI KILLED by revealing to everyone that he had a night action for no apparent reason.. I for one don't trust him. I think he's some kind of neutral trying to cause havoc. So I don't think anyone should tell him anything. I don't trust a word that comes out of his mouth.

There are plenty of other people in this town that anyone half awake would find much more trustworthy than Petr. Not saying I'm one of them but there are a few.

vote tally

Donil (Waterbrick Down): 12 votes (Shadows, Roncanator, Pandora, CallMePieOrDie, KartoffelViking, Dragonator, Fugazi, Rick, iamded, Quarryman, Bob the Construction Man, WhiteFang)

Stanislav (Shadows): 1 votes (Waterbrick Down)

Ruxana (Roncanator): 8 votes (Sandy, [def], CorneliusMurdock, Peanuts, Captain Tamamono, JimButcher, Brickdoctor, Zepher)

Non-voters: 1 (The Crazy One)

*votes appearing in Rouge are locked in.

Although a conviction has currently been reached, the day will continue for 8 more hours.

vote tally

Donil (Waterbrick Down): 12 votes (Shadows, Roncanator, Pandora, CallMePieOrDie, KartoffelViking, Dragonator, Fugazi, Rick, iamded, Quarryman, Bob the Construction Man, WhiteFang)

Stanislav (Shadows): 1 votes (Waterbrick Down)

Ruxana (Roncanator): 8 votes (Sandy, [def], CorneliusMurdock, Peanuts, Captain Tamamono, JimButcher, Brickdoctor, Zepher)

Non-voters: 1 (The Crazy One)

*votes appearing in Rouge are locked in.

Although a conviction has currently been reached, the day will continue for 8 more hours.

Will people be able to change their votes, or is it over and done with?

Will people be able to change their votes, or is it over and done with?

Those who can still un-vote will be able to. The rules say nothing about unvoting after a conviction has been reached.

It looks like we'll be losing Catya soon, unless she votes in these few remaining hours. Here's to hoping she's scum, but I doubt the scum would let one of their own die so easily... :sceptic:

The only comment Yuri made about Ruxana in the entire day was as follows:

I believe he was trying to cover for my ousting of him. I think he still suspected Ruxana, but he was afraid she was scum so wanted to appear to be trusting her publicly.

If you read my reasoning today, you'll see that I question Ruxana's choice of target (I don't think Donil really 'stood out') and her strong-arm option. On the other hand, her claim is undoubtedly going to get her lynched tomorrow if Donil turns up town, so I indeed question why someone would do that at that point (there were no votes cast yet if I recall correctly).

Aha! Unless she's scum of an opposite mafia. And he'll turn up scum of mafia A, and clear her, who is a member of Mafia B.

Oh well, I can't change anything today, and I'm not that opposed to this choice anyway. Donil you should spill. You really should. Pick someone you trust to be town (I advise Samuel personally, but that's just me) and tell them something, or anything, that you can. Even if it's just identifying people without actions.

Well, it's been a long hard fight and there isn't much else that I can say. If those who don't believe me stick with their opinions I can understand. A few last words in my defense I guess since the day apparently still continues. Let me address the point I made of proving myself innocent. I have been accused that I killed Yuri, I have countered that accusation with the fact that I conducted a weak investigation upon him, both are equally valid. Since Ruxana seems to be an unblockable tracker there would be no reason why she couldn't track me again, if we agreed upon the target. Worst case scenerio they die, and I end up being the most unluckiest townie who ever lived. If I die because the scum now know I have a night action, then the town will have at least avoided voting out a townie today and could have voted out a real scum player. If Ruxana dies, why in the world would I target the one person who could prove my innocense? I'm sorry that it had to come down to this, one townie eliminating another, and I'm sure that the scum are just laughing themselves silly at their good luck in killing Yuri, but that's all. As to the votes against Ruxana, I think I've made it perfectly clear that I have had nothing against her actions, only her assumptions in not considering all of the alternatives. I've stated all this to her the other day and can only hope for the best. When I come up as town tomorrow please analyze the voting pattern as I think that may be our best shot at recovering from this awful nightmare.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to give that mime a decent funeral.