Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Suddenly a crash comes from beside me, and I pull out my knife and whip around to face what made it's noise. I then see my friend Haldor on the ground, Jess moving to him fast.

Haldor! What... Nur, you wouldn't happen to be a Cleric, would you?

Nur's eyes darted from hero to hero. Haldor had gone down. Maurice was making his way over. The scene was overwhelming. Nur faded backwards into the crowd of onlookers...totally useless. "This is madness."

He eventually made it down the stairs and signed up for Quest Title #28: The Breakthrough.

~A new quest has been posted on the Quest Board (#29 by JimButcher).~

*Drake spots a new quest has been posted on the board*

"Needs knights and rogues? Fight? 1200 gold? My kind of quest. Though I won't sign up yet."

OOC:What level is it for?

Haldor raised his head and looked to see a large crowd of people gathering around him. Jess was there, it was all right. Haldor struggled to sit up.

"Argh, my head. What the hell just happened. He was there wasn't he? He tried to make me do it. I couldn't stop him. He thought wrong. Thoric was there again. My head. Argh"

Haldor leant back and tried to regain himself, Jess was comforting him.

Edited by Scorpiox

I woke up, groggy eyed. For the past few weeks I had been honing skill in the woods near the Hall, checking the board occasionally to see if I could get accepted into any quest. I rolled out of the hammock made of my own cape and untied it once again, and pulled up my hood. It cast an eerie red glow over my face, to hide my more... grotesque features. A pair of gloves and all my decaying flesh was nice and covered up. I went trudged back to the hall. Some type of calamity was going on, but it was none of my business to swoop around.

I let too much emotion slip through my first day here. From now on, considering I see a quest that has caught my eye, it'll be strictly business.

Sorrow, Level 1 Rogue would like to sign up for Quest 29: Journey to Dastan

OOC: I'll have a picture up for Sorrow today! :sweet:

Nerwen steps into the hall briefly to check the quest board as is her habit.

Seeing a new quest that is not beyond her level, Nerwen signs up for quest 29. and then returns to the monastery where she is honing her meditation skills.

A boy runs into the Hall carrying a bag of rolled up parchments. He heads to the quest board and scratches off all but four names that were written under Quest #27. He reaches into his bag and pulls out four parchments, each tied with a thin golden cord. Searching the Hall, he finds the four heroes and hands each a parchment before running back out the door.

The Following Heroes received a parchment:

Namyrra Uq, Level 15 Evoker (quarryman)

Tesni Hightribe, Level 20 Berserker (peppermint)

Maurice Ratibor Level 13.5 Cleric (etzel)

Eric, Level 16½ Raider (khorne)

6903523610_7dfdc22c94_b.jpg

On the second page of the note is a map to Needful Things, a small shop located in the center of town. It is clear to the heroes that once they report to the shop they may not have any time to revisit the marketplace.

QM Note: The quest thread will be up today around 6pm CST.

IC: De'kra notices that the shirtless man has recovered, before spotting that a new quest has been unlocked. Best of all it is to the Dastan Empire, one of the places of Olegaia that seems very familiar. He might find clues to his past there, and they even request Rogues. This could work out great. Quickly De'kra signs up for Quest 29, before turning his attention back to the Shaman. The shade kept his distance, as the other infected person still lingered like a bear towards their territory, and De'kra that he ould take the elf in a fight.

De'kra honestly didn't trust Dak's words, he left out too much information and his descriptions were not the best. Maybe he assumed De'kra woud hve a point of refernce or something, but the words he used seemed...shallow. Some aspects of it sounded like a brotherhood, but with the connotation and lack of deeper meaning, it sounded more like insanity. Not to mention that Dk had recently lost his memory and has had many mental issues, he would not be a reliable source. De'kra will have to wait or Tomas to confirm this information, as De'kra trusts him despite his potential gullibility. Either way De'kra hoped that the Shman would improve coon, so that he could depart for the library.

Edited by Tanma

Taking her scroll Tesni read the contents. She left the hall for the market, electing to meet her questmates at the shop.

zTI3J.png

IC: After signing the board,I studied myself in a window's reflection. Not exactly the image of dashingness, but the excessive cloaks and hoods veiled his more grotesque features from view. Scaring off whoever he was questing for would be... problematic.

I wonder when i'll be added to the Hall's list of heroes?

The fainted northman seemed to have come back to his senses and Maurice turned to go back to his seat at the bar when a boy stuck a parchment in his hand.

"What's this?! I'm going questing with that pirate loving, good-for-nothing barbarian again?! How in the name of the Righteous Light is our party going to succeed when we have such a dishonest man with us? I really hope the other two heroes have more respect for justice and honesty or this quest might end with an equally shameful result as the last one."

Maurice grabbed his stuff and stormed out of the Hall to find the shop where his quest would begin.

*Drake notices people walking out of hall*

"They must be the people chosen to go on quest 27! Might not be hard, I mean, they only have to go deliver something....I think. Now, I'm bored, so I shall get drunk and sing silly songs from the balcony of the stairs! Or more like, do it and not get drunk. Ooh, rum!"

*Sips some rum and stands on balcony of stairs*

"Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are!"

Erik climbs in the window before crossing over to the quest board and signing his name under quest 29.

Erik Tyrvarr signs up for quest 29: Journey to Dastan

A thunderous noise suddenly echos from the hallway, and then falls silent. A slick, suave, imposing figure slips into the guild hall and slides swiftly across the floor, at the center of the room he begins to speak but pauses "..." and remains silent. In hushed tones he glides to the to stairwell of the tavern and inquisitively mutters "what an interesting lot ?". A deceptive smile crosses his face as he takes a seat.

A thunderous noise suddenly echos from the hallway, and then falls silent. A slick, suave, imposing figure slips into the guild hall and slides swiftly across the floor, at the center of the room he begins to speak but pauses "..." and remains silent. In hushed tones he glides to the to stairwell of the tavern and inquisitively mutters "what an interesting lot ?". A deceptive smile crosses his face as he takes a seat.

Haldor raised his head again and struggled to advt his feet, De'kra remained as cold as ever, Haldor was still contemplating Thoric's reaction to Haldor's guide. Jess was no longer there comforting him with her beautiful eyes, and Tesni was off questing. Ellaria was still away, Haldor hoped for a chance to see her and the child soon. Haldor turned to see a strange man enter the hall, the tall Norseman walked over to investigate the newcomer.

Edited by Scorpiox

IC: Noting that the barbarian had recovered, De'kra left the Hall to visit the library. If he was chosen for Quest 29, it would be a good idea to get more information on the Dastan Empire.

While drake was singing, a thunderous noise filled the hall. Drake got scared by this, and fell off the balcony. As the strange person strided up the staircase, Drake muttered "What a strange man. I'm already beginning to feel suspicious about him." and climbed to his feet and ran to the door. He opened it and ran out of the hall with the door slamming shut behind him, with an echoing boom filling up the hall as he wondered off into eubric.

Haldor raised his head again and struggled to advt his feet, De'kra remained as cold as ever, Haldor was still contemplating Thoric's reaction to Haldor's guide. Jess was no longer there comforting him with her beautiful eyes, and Tesni was off questing. Ellaria was still away, Haldor hoped for a chance to see her and the child soon. Haldor turned to see a strange man enter the hall, the tall Norseman walked over to investigate the newcomer.

A sly smile crossed Loki's face as the Intimidating figure approached him, a slender hand stretched forth to meet the stranger. In a cautious voice he spoke, his words rolled off his silver tongue like butter "Very very nice to meet you, I am Loki Sølv Tungen and it seems as though I have become trapped here, for the time being. While i'm here I might as well at least try to make my self useful, even if these mortal trappings lack the prowess of my true form, my cunning and wits are none the less about me." Loki motions his hand in the air almost as if silencing himself. Standing up Loki composes himself and sways over to the quest board.

Edited by That_Guy

Galen entered the hall wearily. His clothes were dusty and his boots about to fall apart. This latest trip away from Eubric had exhausted him beyond expectations, but the disappointment of following yet another false trail to Brianna was taking a heavier toll on him than the long journeys or the lack of sleep. He looked forward to sitting down with a pint of mead, a luxury he couldn't afford in weeks, but the abundance of notes on the Questboard caught his attention.

Dastan? Now there's a place I haven't been to in a while. Hopefully they will have forgotten about me and my borrowing a few things here and there by now, because the rewards of a quest would be more than welcome. Ah well, no pain no gain.

Galen signs up for Quest #29: Journey to Dastan.

A man in blue robes walks into the room.

ArthurNPCpicture.png

"I have been informed that our quest leader has gone missing. We will need a hero to take his place."

The man posts a new quest to the board.

Quest#25: Imbuing the Sword Replacement

Quest Master: Bricksandparts

Assignment: "We have found that a great evil has been unleashed in one of our past experiments. A demon has turned on us and fled to a parallel dimension. We need a special sword to penetrate his powers. We are not asking the heroes to fight this demon, only to make the sword. Making this particular sword is not an easy task." ~ Professor Hunu, experimenter at the Guild-house of Adrarenad

Requirements: We are looking for 1 hero, preferably a experienced hero.

Reward: 150 gold and a weapon upgrade to each participant.

Edited by Bricksandparts

Dak signs up for Quest #25: Imbuing the Sword and Quest #29: Journey to Dastan. His sign up for both is an eloquently written D. Shadeaux.

Skrall at last raised himself from his seat and headed toward the door. His belly was full and his crossbow was in much better condition than earlier. Perhaps this time he would have more luck in discovering his quarry, if not her, he might at least run into Felton or Hans who could point him in the right direction. Skrall paused at the quest board eying the names under a suspicious advertisement for some sort of scientific extravaganza:

QUEST 28 Sign ups

Bartholomew Docken (Brick Doctor)

Lord Lawrence Boomingham (Zepher)

Haldor Skovgaard (Scorpiox)

Jess Islanti (Sisco)

En Sabah Nur (Jebediahs)

Skrall noticed his first companions' names on the list and hope that they would succeed in whatever their endeavors might be. With that Skrall headed out the door and started his trek to the outerskirts of the city, he had a witch to find.

OoC: Let me know if I missed anyone.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

Haldor narrowed his eyes at the questboard, a saw the list of heroes chosen to witness the unveiling of some great breakthroughs in technology. Haldor's name was there with Jess abd Nur, and the Forestman with Boomingham. This was close to being the perfect party to see some amazing inventions. It would be great to go with his love and his old friend. But Haldor would be in deep trouble if Ameli met Jess.:look:

Haldor strapped on his gear and prepared.