XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Has it been noted that the Geonsan handheld sonic blaster is built using the ray gun from the collectable minifig range ? :wink:

Three parts and one cool looking weapon. :grin:

Yeah a few members mentioned it a while ago :wink: .

I made one exactly like it:

6148969145_746431f456_z.jpg

That is an awesome replica of the gun. I hope that it will be just like that for the final release.

I don't think it'll stay like that. These are preliminary after all.

1. The minifigs look like they are switching back to the old eye style. :wacko:

I hope not....I really like the "pupil" style. :sceptic:

Remember, guys, the pics - all of them - are preliminary. They'll change between now and release, most likely.

How often has that happened? The Summer wave didn't change at all, I don't believe the previous winter wave did either.

How often has that happened? The Summer wave didn't change at all, I don't believe the previous winter wave did either.

I'm assuming that based on the white tree in the Endor BP.

The Winter '11 Wave did have some changes from prelim to release, notably the replacement of Quinlan Vos in the T-6 with Anakin Skywalker.

1. The minifigs look like they are switching back to the old eye style. :wacko:

Not according to the comic com pics. I don't think the pic you are looking at has high enough resolution to discern that kind of detail anyway.

Kaitan

Edited by Kaitan

Not according to the comic com pics. I don't think the pic you are looking at has high enough resolution to discern that kind of detail anyway.

Kaitan

Remind me again, what's the 'old eye look'? I think I'm gonna need some more money.

Easy, eyes without pupils. :wink:

Ah thanks very much. Now thats out of the way, I love the detailing on the Sandtroopers. But I hate the fact that it's covered with dirt, with the old Sandtrooper I could take the black cape thing off and turn it into a Stormtrooper, Now I can't... :sceptic: BUT I love the new TIE fighter

Easy, eyes without pupils. :wink:

And they're generally found on the faces with more black detail printing and less of the dark fleshy or earthy orange printing. (this in the case of the yellow faces - Bib Fortuna had all the markings of the modern style of face print) The eyes are only part of a whole different style of detailing the faces.

I'm assuming that based on the white tree in the Endor BP.

The Winter '11 Wave did have some changes from prelim to release, notably the replacement of Quinlan Vos in the T-6 with Anakin Skywalker.

Ah yes, the white tree, forgot about that. Wonder why they'd do that in the first place...

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but is Anakin's Jedi Interceptor like a Target and/or Walmart exclusive? Or no word on that yet?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but is Anakin's Jedi Interceptor like a Target and/or Walmart exclusive? Or no word on that yet?

Yes, 9494 is 'Limited Edition' or something like that, as is 9495 (which I presume is why pictures of this set remain elusive).

...as is 9495 (which I presume is why pictures of this set remain elusive).

Thats the one w/ Queen Amidala I'm presuming. (I don't know the numbers yet.)

Didn't we hear that that would be a summer set, though? In that case, it wouldn't necessarily have to be a store exclusive for us to not have information at this stage. It could even be another of the "Planets" sets for all we know.

9495 is the Y-wing.

Didn't we hear that that would be a summer set, though? In that case, it wouldn't necessarily have to be a store exclusive for us to not have information at this stage. It could even be another of the "Planets" sets for all we know.

It is a summer set.

Maybe it's a stand in for a new mold? :sweet:

new molds are red always!

FX Medical Droid

:wub:

We knew the pauldron was cloth, as it uses Palpatine's shoulder capes.

Maybe I'm overlooking something here, but are we sure that the pauldron is cloth? There appears to be a greyish bit of armour connected to it, and the helmet looks a bit high up.

It looks to me that the cloth piece is preliminary, and the final ARC will have a solid piece of armour, like Savage Opress has.

new molds are red always!

Not always - on the prelim-pic of 8098 Clone Turbo Tank Aayla Secura had a white head; the new Queen Amidala fig has a white prototype as well.

new molds are often tested in red, white, trans clear and a few other colors because they show any stress marks easier.

Hence why there is a red Darth Vader helmet and a red C3PO head (before R3PO)

new molds are often tested in red, white, trans clear and a few other colors because they show any stress marks easier.

Hence why there is a red Darth Vader helmet and a red C3PO head (before R3PO)

There's a difference between a stand-in and a prototype. The former is just made up of existing pieces in whichever color the designers had handy, I believe.