Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Mafia School: Fabuland Housewives - The Conclusion

AGH! The end was so confusing! :wacko:

I learned a great many things durning this game, and am quite happy that I managed to survive as long as I did. Next game I'm going to be a lot more active and hopefully will be able to survive the whole game. :sweet:

And I forgive you guys for convicting me! :tongue:

This was a very fun game to play and I think you Hinckly for running the game! And I'm very glad I managed to scrape a pass in the game. I'm very intrested in running my own game sometime in the future....

Nicely played by all. I followed this one more closely than the last few, and I enjoyed watching you noobs ( :tongue: ) play. This was one of those rare games where it gets down to only a few players, and there's only one scum left, which are always exciting.

Thanks to badboytje88 and Hinckley for hosting, as well, you two did great.

Well I guess I'll start with my role.

brody.jpg

Chief Brody Bulldog - ex-boyfriend of Payton Pig - Town

Welcome to Mafia School: Fabuland Housewives. In this game of wit and strategy you will be playing Police Chief Brody Bulldog. You are still very much in love with your ex-boyfriend Payton Pig. However, he becomes more distant all the time. You wish you could get back together with him but that seems less likely all the time.

You have no night actions. Please use this PM to ask any questions or discuss the game with the host. Thank you and enjoy this Mafia School experience! :sweet:

The hardest part was role-playing as a police officer and keeping people from confusing me with the cop :tongue:

Holy moly Fuzzy!!??! *huh*

You knew MacK was mafia at the beginning of Day 4??!!

I'm going to assume you were trying to confirm town, as everyone at each point looked quite Townie, but you actually investigated two mafia, and investigating Alopex on night one and him being revealed as mafia Day 3 would have suggested you weren't paranoid.

I guess there's more that went on in PM that I obviously don't know, but I'm left wondering why MacK survived after being investigated and found scum?

There was a ton of PMing behind the scenes. After looking at all my conversations, added up there were around 400 replies *huh* ! At points before we started the group threads, I was trying to balance 3-5 conversations at once, I would be discussing theory with Pandora and MetroiD in one thread, asking them each seperately in a different thread what they thought of the other's comments and allegiance, at the same time trying to keep Ro87n on the same page, while also discussing Fuzzy's investigations, in addition to keeping Donut up to date on the developments of my suspicions and theories, and finally interacting with the suspect or lynching target for that day :wacko:

As far as how MacK survived, he did an excellent job in conversing with myself and MetroiD during the sting operation, basically my line of reasoning was why would a mafia player need to figure out townies' affiliations through extensive PM's? I now realize that he was probably trying to figure out who exactly was the cop, so at the time we thought it best to go after someone more suspicious (Masked Builder) and use the next night to figure out if we had a framer or if Fuzzy was paranoid.

Here's Betsy's bio:

betsy.jpg

Betsy Bunny - married to Randy Rabbit - Town

Welcome to Mafia School: Fabuland Housewives. In this game of wit and strategy you will be playing Betsy Bunny. You are a housewife who stays at home keeping the house for your husband, Randy Rabbit. There has been a lot of strain on your marriage lately. You feel your husband is self-involved and distant.

You have no night actions. Please use this PM to ask any questions or discuss the game with the host. Thank you and enjoy this Mafia School experience! :sweet:

I tried to roleplay with mine and Randy Rabbit's marriage problems a bit, but his response was always "I love you Betsy, I do", so instead I decided to put on a bit of a drama queen act. :tongue:

Franklin Fox - married to Helen Hippo - Scum - Blocker

Welcome to Mafia School: Fabuland Housewives. In this game of wit and strategy, you will be playing Franklin Fox. You own a restaurant with your wife, Holly Hippo. There has been a bit of strain on your marriage lately as you suspect she has been cheating on you. This strain, however, makes it easier for you to lead a double life. What your wife doesn't know is that the Fabuland Mafia is using your restaurant as a front for money laundering. The mob pays you a lot more than you make on the business itself and it lends you the ability to lead a very comfortable life.

You have the night action of Blocker. Your knowledge of the townspeople and what distracts them makes it easy for you to keep them from doing whatever they might be doing to help the FBI find your fellow Mafia goons. Please use this PM to ask any questions, send in night actions or discuss the game with the host. Thank you and enjoy this Mafia School experience! :sweet:

I really must thank you players, and Hinckley, for a fun game to watch! :thumbup:

Especially you, Ro87n; thank you for keeping the tradition of one Fuckwit to every Fabuland mafia game! You were much more committed to it then I was! :tongue::wink:

Edited by Professor Flitwick

This would have been my first and last mafia game (for now). I was expecting more and other/diffrent things, but it seemed you may not fantasize about what you do as character (getting tided up by mistake e.g.) I wish you (as character) where more free to have your own part in the story. Not just writing: "oh my some has been killed, what should we do?"

And ontop of that I might not be such a person to play these mafia games. Still loved the last parts (days) when my character realy got 'goofy' like I wanted him to be.

Ro, there's always plenty of room for improvisation, provided that you stick to the plan. Playing a Mafia game isn't about acting out and letting your imaginations running wild though, it's about a) getting the damn scum once and for all; or b) killing every last stupid Townie. Wits, straight thinking, plots and deceit are the driving force behind the game and if that's not your kettle of fish, you end up having less fun and also harming your side's chances of survival. I for one still can't for the love of me grasp why you voted against yourself on Day 3 and almost ruined the plan which we had gone through at least a dozen times. To me, that was the icing on the cake in your... erm, acting.

P.S.: Mystery games aren't drama class either, because there you have to adhere to other rules... But I think that once you grasp the essence of these online-based games, you'll start having much more fun. :sweet:

Phew, what an ending! I had no idea of the affiliations with that set up Hinckley did. It was very good to see it play out.

As you can see with my night actions of Doctor, first night I protected Brody/Waterbrick Down, as although I was sure he wasn't the "town cop" AND the investigator role, he had been a good, forceful, logical player on that day. I toyed with protecting dannylonglegs/Gavin as more of a "roleplay" thing, but decided it wouldn't be as beneficial to the town.

And then Gavin was killed, which meant that I would die the next day, although to be honest, as I said before, I wasn't aware we were the actual Lovers role, especially as I was already the Doctor.

MacK was so convincing as Town that I protected him the second night! Well done! My rationale behind that was as Gavin had started the voting against Marcus, he may have been targetted and Mack had started the voting that day.

So I was a poor Doctor and didn't get a chance to really do any PMs to anyone else as Gavin was killed off so early and I followed suit. That stopped us two communicating as well.

However I did enjoy the experience as my first online Mafia game and would love to take part in another one now that I have Passed.

Thanks to everyone who took part and especially to Hinckley, whose twisted vision was always entertaining.

Here's mine!

gavin.jpg

Gavin Gorilla - boyfriend of Gregor Goat - Town

Welcome to Mafia School: Fabuland Housewives. In this game of wit and strategy, you will be playing Gavin Gorilla. Gregor Goat, the town's carpenter, is your boyfriend. You are very eccentric and fun, but can be a handful for the stable Goat. You are currently going through a bit of an identity crisis, unemployed and searching for a path in life. This puts a bit of a strain on your relationship. Despite that strain, you have been with Gregor a very long time and you are sure he is innocent, and not a member of the mafia.

One thing I regret not doing is not taking part in very much PMing. I only sent one, and that was to confirm that Gregor knew I was a Townie too, which was very safe. This makes two games in which I had very little part in the behind the scenes. Although, oddly enough, at least once, it made my character appear very un-suspicious (my last and first Mafia game where I lived till the end, only to be contacted by the mafia on the last day when they wanted my "help").

I can't wait to sink my monkey paws into another mafia game so that I can take part in behind the scenes action too! :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I was expecting more and other/diffrent things, but it seemed you may not fantasize about what you do as character (getting tided up by mistake e.g.) I wish you (as character) where more free to have your own part in the story. Not just writing: "oh my some has been killed, what should we do?"

This was the problem with the way you played and the reason you failed. Even after it was explained to you repeatedly and after you were asked to stop treating it as an RPG, you continued to just play it however you wanted. It was annoying, and it threatened your team's strategy and made it harder for the scum to win, too. It was unfair to all of the other players and, in my opinion, very selfish.

And then Gavin was killed, which meant that I would die the next day, although to be honest, as I said before, I wasn't aware we were the actual Lovers role, especially as I was already the Doctor.

Sometimes the lovers know they will die without one another, sometimes not. Sometimes the lovers just know each other's affiliation, without dying if the other one does. I forgot to mention earlier that the original reason I decided to make one lover die if the other did was because I confirmed your affiliation to each other. So, in my opinion, since the role of lovers confirms to you that another player is town, that advantage has to be balanced with a disadvantage. It was just unfortunate that one of you died on the first night. :sceptic: Sorry. :blush:

One thing I regret not doing is not taking part in very much PMing.

It can easily backfire on you as well. Most prominent example is the scum fooling Hinck, Walter Kovacs, and me big time in Bloodbrick. But also in The Forest the mason group was suspicious of my "fishing" - as they interpreted it - before they recruited me. I mainly do it do avoid getting bored during the days. :blush:

Here is my character's intro:

evan.jpg

Evan Elephant - married to Bianca Lamb - Scum - Godfather

Welcome to Mafia School: Fabuland Housewives. In this game of wit and strategy you are playing Evan Elephant. Your wife, Bianca Lamb, is a bit aloof and more than a little crazy, so you are pretty sure she's not aware that you are the Godfather of the Mob. You lead the Fabuland Mafia, deciding who will be killed every night.

Your night action is Night Killer. It is your job to discuss with your fellow mafia goons who will be killed and report that to the host. Please use this PM to ask any questions, send in your night actions or discuss the game with the host. Thank you and enjoy this Mafia School experience! :sweet:

Hinckley thank you for my title!

For completeness, here's my character bio:

payton.jpg

Payton Pig - boyfriend of Brody Bulldog - Town - Vigilante

Welcome to Mafia School: Fabuland Housewives. In this game of wit and strategy, you will be playing Payton Pig. You are Marcus Mouse's brother and and the son of Gertrude Goat. You are the town's gardener and have recently broken up with Fabuland Police Chief Brody Bulldog. He is still very much in love with you so you try to have as little interaction with him as possible. Luckily for you, he left a firearm at your house. Tired of the Mafia problem, you have taken matters into your own hands in the fight against them. You wish to protect your family and even Brody at any cost.

You have the night action of Vigilante. Each night you can kill one person. Please use this PM to ask any questions, send in your night action or discuss the game with the host. Thank you and enjoy this Mafia School experience! :sweet:

So Police Chief Brody, with whom I am supposed to "have as little interaction with as possible" is one of the two people I spend the most time talking to, and explains (partly) why I didn't ever quote WD or respond directly to any of his posts in thread.

And the loving family, my mother and brother whom I wish to protect "at any cost"???

Scuuuuuummmmm!!!!! :sing:

Really, really happy about the gun, though. :grin:

I'm not... :cry_sad:

It can easily backfire on you as well. Most prominent example is the scum fooling Hinck, Walter Kovacs, and me big time in Bloodbrick. But also in The Forest the mason group was suspicious of my "fishing" - as they interpreted it - before they recruited me. I mainly do it do avoid getting bored during the days. :blush:

Yet, Piing can go both ways it convinced me that MetroiD was Town, but also kept me from voting against Mack due to his conversational attitude.

For completeness, here's my character bio:

So Police Chief Brody, with whom I am supposed to "have as little interaction with as possible" is one of the two people I spend the most time talking to, and explains (partly) why I didn't ever quote WD or respond directly to any of his posts in thread.

And the loving family, my mother and brother whom I wish to protect "at any cost"???

Scuuuuuummmmm!!!!! :sing:

Wow :laugh: I never knew about the gun being left with you, when I mentioned not having one in thread, I was roleplaying with Hinckley's web comic in which the police force doesn't really have any weapons.

bianca.jpg

Bianca Lamb - married to Evan Elephant - Town - Cop

Welcome to Mafia School: Fabuland Housewives. In this game of wit and strategy you will be playing Bianca Lamb. You are a housewife, keeping the house for your husband Evan Elephant. You and your husband have grown a bit distant lately. That is most likely just because the "honeymoon phase" of your marriage is over. You are also the sister of Lily Lamb.

You care a great deal about Fabuland and the recent mafia problem has caused you great distress. You have decided to take matters into your own hands and every night you investigate one person in the town to see if they are Town or Scum. Please use this PM to ask any questions, send in your night actions or discuss the game with the host. Thank you and enjoy this Mafia School experience! :sweet:

I loved being a secret agent-ish lamb in this game, the characters were very exciting for a Mafia class, especially the roles like the god father. When talking about the investigations it seems some of you got quite confused but what I said is that I did no investigations first day because It was a night action, the reason I lead the vote on Marcus was because I saw the proof and was very suspicious of him. :classic:

Edited by Fuzzylegobricks

gertrude.jpg

Gertrude Goat - mother of Mitchell and Payton - Scum

Welcome to Mafia School: Fabuland Housewives. In this game of wit and strategy you will be playing Gertrude Goat, the mother of Payton Pig and Marcus Mouse. Your dear son, Marcus, got involved with the mob. You always support your children and what they want to do. Before you knew it, you were just as involved as he was. You are part of the team that decides who to kill at night. This will be discussed with the rest of the scum team each night.

There's my PM, never did find out who Mitchell was though! :tongue:

As I have said before, it was such fun, I hope to be playing with you guys soon.

I wish I had taken more of an active role in the game. I think I might have survived one night more. Still, next game I'm going to be a good bit more active.

Oh and here's my role:

candace.jpg

Doctor Candace Cow - Town

Welcome to Mafia School: Fabuland Housewives. In this game of wit and strategy you will be playing Doctor Candace Cow. You are the town's psychiatrist. You know many of their darkest secrets and domestic issues. However, you have an incredibly short-term memory and don't always retain the information you receive during sessions.

Edited by Masked Builder

piper.jpg

Piper Poodle - married to Hunter Horse - Town

Welcome to Mafia School: Fabuland Housewives. In this game of wit and strategy you are playing Piper Poodle. You are married to Hunter Horse and bartend at his bar "Hunter's Pub" on the outskirts of town. You have been cheating on him for some time. This puts a bit of strain on the marriage. Worse' date=' you believe he's starting cheating on you as well. That really pisses you off. It's one thing for you to do it, but for him to cheat on you?? The nerve...

You have no night actions. Please use this PM to ask any questions or discuss the game with the host. Thank you and enjoy this Mafia School experience! :sweet:[/quote']

For the record, Piper Poodle was a loving wife who didn't cheat that much. :sadnew:

Edited by Donut

Sent 07 May 2011 - 07:30 AM

gregor.jpg

Gregor Goat - boyfriend of Gavin Gorilla - Town - Doctor

Welcome to Mafia School: Fabuland Housewives. In this game of wit and strategy, you are playing Gregor Goat, the Town's carpenter. Everyone relies on you to repair their homes and build new ones. Your boyfriend, Gavin Gorilla, stays at home, acting somewhat crazy, and searching for a career. He is a bit lost on the path of life, stuck in an identity crisis. He is eccentric and that's why you like him, but it can be a lot to deal with sometimes. Regardless, you have been with Gavin for a long time and you're sure he is innocent and not a member of the mafia.

You have the night action of Doctor. You want to protect those you love from the current mafia problem plaguing Fabuland. Each night you can protect one person from harm. Please use this PM to ask any questions, send in your night action or discuss the game with the host. Thank you and enjoy this Mafia School experience! :sweet:

Edited by Rumble Strike

Wow :laugh: I never knew about the gun being left with you, when I mentioned not having one in thread, I was roleplaying with Hinckley's web comic in which the police force doesn't really have any weapons.

If you read the whole thing, you'd see they arm themselves eventually.

I loved being a secret agent-ish lamb in this game, the characters were very exciting for a Mafia class, especially the roles like the god father. When talking about the investigations it seems some of you got quite confused but what I said is that I did no investigations first day because It was a night action, the reason I lead the vote on Marcus was because I saw the proof and was very suspicious of him. :classic:

But you did investigate on Night One. You investigated Alopex on Night One and nobody on Night Two. So the statement you just made is false.

There's my PM, never did find out who Mitchell was though! :tongue:

:blush: The figure that is Marcus Mouse is from the Roadster set. The name of the mouse in that set is Mitchell.

If you read the whole thing, you'd see they arm themselves eventually.

Yeh, I was reading through it while first playing, so I might not have gotten to that part yet.

Well just to show you mine aswell:

hunter.jpg

Hunter Horse - married to Piper Poodle - Town

Welcome to Mafia School: Fabuland Housewives. In this game of wit and strategy, you are playing Hunter Horse. You are married to Piper Poodle and own the bar, "Hunter's Pub" on the outskirts of town. You suspect your wife has been cheating on you. You were always attracted to her sexy and flirty demeanor, but you're pretty sure her eye has been wandering to other men for quite some time.

And thanks for the patience you all must have had with me :blush: *real ashamed of my behavior in the beginning till half way the game*

Sign in to follow this