Oswald the Rabbit

General Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

We got our first glimpse of Will Turner as well! Looking more and more like the original Davy Jones.  We now know that the Queen Ann's Revenge is in the movie as well. 

To be honest I was supper happy to see see black pearl. I know when I saw Will there he is starting to look like a fish. I wonder how lego will make him in minifigure form.

1 hour ago, azog said:

To be honest I was supper happy to see see black pearl. I know when I saw Will there he is starting to look like a fish. I wonder how lego will make him in minifigure form.

I'd imagine Bill would be the best guide as to how Will figure would look.  Hopefully they could make a new mold that has hair included in the bandana, so he don't look bald.

250px-Poc033.jpg

The Silent Mary, as mentioned, makes the most sense. Its the villains ship after all and easily the most interesting design and likely to be the most prominent ship in the movie.

We did not get the Flying Dutchman simply because they had to choose between the Flying Dutchman and the Black Pearl for the first wave of sets they did and the Black Pearl was more iconic.

Queen Anne's Revenge made sense next because it was the villains ship for the fourth film.

The Silent Mary makes the most sense. Its the villain's ship for the fifth film and its design could provide lots of play features. Especially considering its could appeal to the artistic Lego collectors given its based on 'The Phantom Ship'

ghost_ship.jpg

Edited by Scarilian

Can not understand anyone still or ever questioning its the silent mary after the image. :sceptic:

Just now, TheLunabrick said:

So its confirmed that we're only getting one POTC set?

Well the only thing confirmed is that we get one set. there usually isn't confirmations on what we don't get. But there is zero signs of any more sets.

I am really excited about the movie, but I think the set will be a little bit disappointing....

How can they make a nice lego set out of this:

800x600.jpg

15 minutes ago, chofus said:

Now when trailer is out, can we expect to see official pictures soon?

Disney castle was reveled a month before the vip availability, ( I think)   if the same is true for this ship, then you can expect a reveal mid february, which would put it around new york toy fair.  lego often reveal stuff within the week before the fair so i'd say that's likely to be this set.

So I would expect images soon yeah. :classic:

56 minutes ago, Melvin said:

I am really excited about the movie, but I think the set will be a little bit disappointing....

How can they make a nice lego set out of this:

800x600.jpg

My thoughts exactly, they are making a £200 set that in reality is only half complete.  Potentially the ship can change form though.  

It is a shame that we aren't getting the Flying Dutchman AGAIN!  It's what everyone wanted after the release of the sets back in 2011, you would think Lego would listen to its fans.

Also we might not even get Will as a figure  as it is only the one set and the ship does need to be crewed.

1 hour ago, Melvin said:

How can they make a nice lego set out of this: [Image of Silent Mary raising its bow out of the water]

I wouldn't worry, it seems that its a special ability the ship has, to be able to raise its bow and "chop" other ships in half, and I seriously doubt that LEGO would be able to make a set that 1) has a play-feature where the entire bow raises up 2) has a boat that is that damaged and see-trough while still being structurally sound.

I believe we WILL get a full ship!

Lego doesn't build the parts that goes under the water, and wahts where the most major damage is.

Some see-through and holey  parts aren't that hard to achieve, maybe just replace 1 or 2 hull pieces with some build that looks more skeletal etc.

Ship really just need a sturdy top deck and some stable 'feet' to rest on.

If they really wanted the ability to raise the front bit that would be perfectly achievable as well. I guess kids would liek that.

On 4/2/2017 at 7:19 AM, Jacob Nion said:

On minifigpriceguide.com, but it showed up on instagram.

just a guess, but usually such leaks of new figures/parts seem to happen around the Czech Lego factory. 

So... you know it's a leak, and still you post it here on Eurobricks, where our site guidelines ask not to post leaked pictures, right?

On Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 8:34 PM, Jacob Nion said:

If you search for a video on youtube with the name "Lego Pirates of the Caribbean 2017 shark?!" 

You will find a pic of that ghost shark. Can't manage to link it here with my phone and I'm sure I'm not allowed to insert a screenshot here.

Have you seen this? For me it definitely looks like a true lego production. It's too well molded to be custom and the print looks exactly like what I would expect from lego. 

On Friday, January 27, 2017 at 1:09 PM, Phred said:

Its already been posted on here. :pir-wink: 

*lleak pic*

I agree that this type of mold is under utilized.  This zombie version of the mold is not appealing.  As others have already said, I like the original much better. :pir-look: 

As you can read here, @Bob De Quatre , I do care much about our site guidelines. So I avoided to post a similar pic in the first place. But since @Phred as a moderator did not worry to post it, I had no further doubts about doing so. 

My regrets if I've gone too far. 

1 minute ago, Jacob Nion said:

As you can read here, @Bob De Quatre , I do care much about our site guidelines. So I avoided to post a similar pic in the first place. But since @Phred as a moderator did not worry to post it, I had no further doubts about doing so. 

My regrets if I've gone too far. 

Thanks for the clarification @Jacob Nion... I'll talk to @Phred ...

In the trailer we saw the BP, QAR, FD, and the Silent Mary. So I have some mixed feelings about this. As a fan of the series, I'm happy to see all the iconic ships in screen again. As a Lego fan though, I DO wish we were getting the Silent Mary and FD. My collection will feel incomplete without the Dutchman.

12 minutes ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

In the trailer we saw the BP, QAR, FD, and the Silent Mary. So I have some mixed feelings about this. As a fan of the series, I'm happy to see all the iconic ships in screen again. As a Lego fan though, I DO wish we were getting the Silent Mary and FD. My collection will feel incomplete without the Dutchman.

You never know, I think lego is only releasing one set to test the waters, and to see how many people do want a pirates ship. It would be my guess that if it sells well enough they will release another in the future. But from what we can tell we're only going to be getting the one ship at the moment! :pir_wacko:

Another thing that I noticed is that we won't be getting a gun/bottom deck simply because there is none. By the way it looks lego is really main it had for me to justify buying this set :pir-hmpf:

21 minutes ago, azog said:

Another thing that I noticed is that we won't be getting a gun/bottom deck simply because there is none. By the way it looks lego is really main it had for me to justify buying this set :pir-hmpf:

If you pause the trailer at 0:35, you see the Silent Mary should have 2 bottom decks and 1 deck in her original configuration. It would be a shame that she has turned into a ship without gun/bottom deck...

I am going to reserve judgement on this set until we get some proper info, but based on the trailer I am a little worried. I'm sure the ship in the actual film will be pretty cool, and I don't mind them making it VERY different from what you would expect out of a "ghost ship". As a Lego fan though, I am worried about how well it will translate into an actual set. I will be buying this set day 1 reguardless, but if it is ANYTHING less than amazing, I will wish we got the Dutchman instead.

Honestly I was hoping for something bigger and better than the IFS, so I am a little worried about that at this moment. 

3 hours ago, SodorBricks said:

You never know, I think lego is only releasing one set to test the waters, and to see how many people do want a pirates ship. It would be my guess that if it sells well enough they will release another in the future. But from what we can tell we're only going to be getting the one ship at the moment! :pir_wacko:

I hope you are right, but I'm a little worried about Lego's tactics if this is indeed true. What I mean by that is, if Lego is "testing the waters" shouldn't they test them with a more proper looking ship, like the Dutchman? Guaging interest based upon the ship we saw in the trailer is NOT a smart move imo. This set is going to be SO different than anything else we have ever gotten. Which could either be a good thing or a bad thing. I feel like the FD would have been a MUCH safer bet. Again, until we get more info, it's all just speculation.

At very least I will turn this set into a sunken pirate ship sticking out of the water type of display for my layout. That's if I just plain don't like the look of it and don't want it As an actual functioning ship.

Edited by Captain Pirate Man

I agree that Lego should've gone with the Dutchman for a $200-250 set. It's just more iconic and has appeared in 3 Pirates movies before. I really hope they did a good job on this one though. 

31 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

We're kind of all assuming it's going to be the Silent Mary, we could be wrong. 

Well it IS a pretty safe assumption at this point. If I were a betting man, I would say it's an 80% to be the Silent Mary and a 15% to be the FD and a 5% For a complete surprise.

41 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

We're kind of all assuming it's going to be the Silent Mary, we could be wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

Well it IS a pretty safe assumption at this point. If I were a betting man, I would say it's an 80% to be the Silent Mary and a 15% to be the FD and a 5% For a complete surprise.

Yeah, it definitely looks to be missing the central mast and it looks like there aren't full sails. Plus it's not dark enough to be the Pearl, so it's down to the Mary because the Dutchman has a middle mast.

Ugh.  That trailer has sapped my enthusiasm for PoTC 5.  The whole ship smashing gimmick seems like a kraken retread to me.  A set based around that is not going to have me all that interested.