Siegfried

User changing of Display Names for Knights+ (no longer available)

Hello, I had a similar question about that a couple months back, I'm sure a moderator will merge your thread with the same one my thread was merged too, and you'll get all your answers there. But by messaging an admin or a mod (I think it's and admin you'll have to talk to) you can have your screen name changed, however there might be more to it, that's what happened to me.

Hello everybody,

I am at EB for 1,5 years and I hate my name. I choosed it because I thought it is for myself easy to remember and I could choose a "nickname" later. But I can´t find it. There is only a "name history button" in my profil.

Can somebody help me, please. :kahuka:

Hello Matthias, you may drop me or other staffers a message to discuss in private.

This is also not the right place to post and the forum that I am intending to move, is also a temporary location until I can find the suitable topic to merge.

Thanks.

Right here! :classic:

I knew I could count on you for this magicial merge! :sweet:

Thanks Fugazi!

I believe you can change it once a year when you become a Knight (500 posts).

Blast, it will be years before I can correct the spelling of my own name :thumbdown:

Nowadays, I believe that permissions will only allow a staff member to change your username, even if the tab for it appears on your options page. Our policy is that for Knights and above, we will change a username for you once a year, just as how it used to work under the last version of the board's software. Under that rank, if your username contains your real last name, your year of birth, 'l33tsp34k,' a typo, random numbers, improper capitalization, or something like that, we'll fix the typo. If you don't have an issue like that that needs fixing, then we'll ask you to wait until Knight.

In any case, you need to PM any Moderator or Admin to request a name change. (Regulator's don't have the power to change your profile settings.)

I think you can't do it yourself. You need to mail one of the admins. But even then I'm not certain they will do it for you. 

Btw I think this would have fitted in the HELP topic instead of creating a new one.

On 2017-04-01 at 8:40 PM, BrickByBrick Official said:

How do I change my display name? I'm quite unhappy with it. PLEASE REPLY if you know how.

Send me a PM.