KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

So who wants to bet its $800? :laugh: just kidding but seriously Id say this is about at LEAST 300 bucks for this set. I think it FABULOUS! I saw this other topic today about a MOC of the super star destroyer and im SO sorry to that guy but I love this more! :grin: . I think it has a good amount of color where it should and incredible detail. Im here wondering if LEGO just put a ton of random peices like pistols and binoculars and such instead of watching the movie and getting EVERY, SINGEL, detail right. But who cares it still looks to ausome, and NOONE, and I mean NOONE with half a brain could say they hate this set, just saying its too good for that. Im a bit surprised they put in minifigs but who am I too complain?! Bossk? NEW Dengar? NEW (maybe) IG-88? Vader? Imperial trooper? EPICNESS! These things will be flying off the shelves! May the force be with you in getting this! If you need me, Ill be getting the figs I need off Brick Link :wink: .

BUT, I find one con in here, the mini star destoyer :tongue: . It looks horrible! But of course much better than the last mini star destroyer :sick: .

Edited by Bricker

This UCS could just be the best one yet (along with the falcon)! Are there any close up pics of the new Dengar fig? I would like to know if he has a new face print, and from the pic we already have the head dress is new. It looks like a mix of the ninja mask and the POP turban (not too big, but open face). I also think the torso is most likely new! :thumbup:

Are there any close up pics of the new Dengar fig?

No. This is the only picture we have.

This is awesome! According to the size of the ISD included, The Executor would be the same size as the Death Star! :laugh:

I'm really glad that they included minifigs in this. Is it just me, or does Dengar have a new head accessory? I'm still waiting on 4-LOM and Zuckuss though!

I think I like that there are no internal play features. This could be a good way to go- the integrity of the model is intact, and looks fantastic. As a bonus, we get a "battle pack" of figures associated with one of the scenes.

It's almost like two sets in one!

That's amazing!! I'm definitely getting that set. But it looks to me like there IS an interior. . .with the studs facing up on the bottom, it looks to me like that is the floor, and you can probably remove the roof. And why would it come with figures if there is no interior? Correct me if I'm wrong but that hasn't been done before, has it?

This is awesome! According to the size of the ISD included, The Executor would be the same size as the Death Star! :laugh:

I'm really glad that they included minifigs in this. Is it just me, or does Dengar have a new head accessory? I'm still waiting on 4-LOM and Zuckuss though!

Ya, it's upsetting that we are getting a plain IG-88 and another Bossk after getting him so recently. It would have been way better to have gotten 4-LOM and Zuckuss to finish off the gang of hunters. But, whatever... :sceptic:

Anyone has seen this set 10221?

found in lego.com cache?

New UCS set

[snip]

Whoops.

Kidding, eh? :sadnew:

Guess not. *heh* You can’t blame me for being skeptical, though. It really is too good to be true.

I think that LEGO has at this point fully realized the extent to which many people love minifigures.

Damn minifigure hoarders jacking up set prices for the rest of us.

How hell is it possible to fail a design like that ??

They messed up on 10175 after all...

They are tons of way to design a model.

I have enough experience and skills in MOCing to know that. On the other hand, there are many irrelevant choices on that 10221.

Agreed. You can’t deny, though, that most LEGO Exectuor MOCs use a similar method. I almost expected a zigzag arrangement in the front.

And I could write a very big post to proove my point on that new set. So could have make Cavegod with the 10215.

And Pepa Quin with 10179, and dmac with 10212...

Actually, I like this one better. Quit being so pompous, self promotion like that makes me :hmpf:

But he's right, you know.

Yeah, the plate choices, interior structure, are obvious choices.

As obvious as they are, I’ll bet there are just as many obvious alternatives.

Im here wondering if LEGO just put a ton of random peices like pistols and binoculars and such instead of watching the movie and getting EVERY, SINGEL, detail right.

Of course they did. Most AFOLs wouldn't care either way, and in any case accuracy is subjective. Still, it would be interesting if they had included this.

Interesting... it seems that TLG realized their mistake quite fast, at least I can't see the picture anymore.

Well, in case anybody hasn't seen it, it is still visible at imperiumdersteine.de: http://imperiumdersteine.de/showthread.php?p=511273#post511273

Thanks Emperor, I had been looking on the other links and like WHERE THE HELL IS IT!!!! then I saw yours :blush: .

Ah, they are up to their old tricks again.....lucky I saved the image on my computer last night. :wink:

How cheeky are Lego, quickly pop a picture in then out, but set the internet a blaze with talk about it ?

Keep on talking about it ! :laugh:

I saved it too when I read your comment :laugh: .

Edited by Lord Of The Fries

*oh2* WOW that looks so nice! I'm curious why they added minifigures to a non minifigure scale set though eh?

It's so huge it needs two stands? I wonder how many pieces it will have... 4000? 5000?

Let's recall the image. Via Brickset

10221-1.jpg

Normally, I shy away from Star Wars sets (except for Jedi Robes, they work well as Castle peasants. :wink:), but I have to say, this set looks AMAZING!

It's smooth, like somebody's MOC, and I would love to have a copy of this set.

Kinda has me wanting a combo ucs set with the other destroyer hewing it apart.

micro destroyer there can't be to scale, huh? I need to brush up on my ROTJ, but I'm assuming it's just a little shrunk because it's thrown in rather than being a serious extra model - maybe the midi scale destroyer will fit the bill...

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Wow, where'd that come from? Great news, though, this is a very cool looking set. Never was one for UCS sets, but I'm sure our more avid collectors will snap it up quick. I'm surprised there aren't more minifigures or at least an exclusive fig. Or no figs at all. You'd think with a UCS set they'd go one way or the other.

Oh, and:

Update: the source image at LEGO.com has been deleted. Expect me to be asked to remove it soon...

Save, people!

Obviously it would be impossible to build this to mini-figure scale, so the mini-figs are obviously tossed in to try to get non-UCS people to buy. Unfortunately, I can't see much appeal in what they've provided - a Zuckuss or 4-Lom would have gone down better with fans.

While I like the ship, I imagine this will be far to expensive here in Aussieland despite our dollar being worth more than the greenback.

When will LTG give us 4-LOM and Zuckuss? My heart aches for them.

I expect one or both of them to come with the next Slave 1

micro destroyer there can't be to scale, huh? I need to brush up on my ROTJ, but I'm assuming it's just a little shrunk because it's thrown in rather than being a serious extra model - maybe the midi scale destroyer will fit the bill...

It looks about right. In Empire, an ISD easily fits into the Executor's ventral hull.

Save, people!

Done a few hours ago! :classic: FBTB has one, too, at the moment.

I expect one or both of them to come with the next Slave 1

Not that we need or should get one anytime soon.

I've been waiting 8 years for Lego to release a set that would fit right in next to the UCS ISD. Now they finally have. I can't wait for this set to be released!

It looks good all right, but the minifig assortment seems a little random to me. And it will probably be way out of my price range. Still, I love the UCS series. It'll be fun to see the reviews. :thumbup:

It looks good all right, but the minifig assortment seems a little random to me.

Looks fair to me. Could've used Boba, but fair enough. From the scene in Episode 5, it's fairly accurate.

It's a nice ship, but very plain. Not gonna believe the cost.

That looks insane...as someone who is a Star Wars noob (I've only watched like 2 of the new movies, and just random parts of the old trilogy), I hope my UCS Millennium Falcon is still superior :tongue: (just me hoping the awesomeness of owning that set isn't matched :tongue: ).