Rate the set  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

I think TLC really outdone theirselves when they designed Cad Bane and Aayla Secura. To me both of them are must haves. But I'm not willing to spend 100€ for this set, let alone 130€! I'll probably get the figs via bricklink. Hope they won't cost more than 12€ each.... Could you take a pic of all the figs in this set?

Well... Cad Bane's going to be released in another set (Cad Bane's Speeder), which should push down his price slightly. However, I suspect Aayla Secura might just become the next Jango Fett... and being unique in a high ticket set usually means the minifig prices will go through the roof.

Nice review jansued, thank you! Already possessing the old Turbo Tank, I can't see myself picking this one up on my budget. Even if I had the money, I have to say, I think the older one was done better. I can't get over how wrong those axles look on the tank. I don't have a problem with the yellow on the interior. I mean, that color is frequently used in mechanical areas of operation to denote warning and such, it looks fine. Besides that though, this set should make a good buy for those who missed out on the first one. Oh, and like everyone else is stating, the mini-figs are brilliant! Aayla in particular looks fantastic. :thumbup: I really hope we see that Twi'lek head mold kept around for any future Jabba's Palace related sets. :sweet:

Thanks for the review.

This is certainly an interesting looking set, however there are just too many negative points for me. Having not watched any of the Clone Wars episodes, I can't relate very well to these special characters, so the minifigs are not important to me. At first glance the vehicle looks impressive, but then you notice the spindly little axles, and general lack of details. There is an absolute bare-bones interior, and asides from being able to place the little walker and other odds and ends in the tank, there are not really any play features or working functions.

So, with very little emotional attachment to the characters (Aayla Secura for a couple of seconds in Episode 3), only a very minimal amount of screen time for the tank, I can't use those as reasons to pick up this set. However even if I knew nothing about the vehicle or characters but had a very well made set, I'd definitely consider the purchase. In this case though there is just nothing that justifies a buy here for me.

This is sweet- i want this so badly :cry_happy: - the wheels are more accurate than they were in the old one (that i never get) and Aayla is such a cute new minifig :wub: excellent job TLG... :thumbup: Bane is good too but something is wrong with his face though :sceptic: I dunno TLG can't make good TCW-villains... that huge neck thing is also bad he has only those breathing tubes and thing behind his head-but this one has huge thing all over his neck looks odd and inaccurate... :sad: if i'll get this i probably remove that thingy and add decal instead...he already has parts of those tubes patterned there why they even did that part? :sceptic:

Edited by Swash Buckler

Parts: 2/5

Lots of technic. Some gray plates. Nothing really exciting.

The 20 #2903 wheels will be very usefull for UCS.

I must get many them. :)

Ah, I'm so glad to be posting on a properly moderated Lego forum again! I haven't been able to do that since I was a snot nosed kid posting on BZPower (which, despite all odds (Bionicle no longer exists) has survived). So much nostalgia!

Anyway, now that that disgusting little bit of spam is over with (it won't happen again), I'll get on with my first post. Really great review. The pictures are extensive and really give a great idea of what the set has to offer, and your observation and analyses, obviously backed with a good degree of experience and intelligence, are insightful and help to give a realistic idea of the value of the set. Sadly, the set itself is fairly lackluster. The colors are arbitrary and unappealing- Does Lego think that all interior pieces need, by law, to be a totally random color whose only requirement is that it in no way matches the color scheme of the set? (And the color is grey. GREY for the love of all that is holy, GREY! How do you mess that up?) The minifigures are cool, I suppose, but as a fan of the standard movies, not the EU, the only figure I really recognize is Aayla, who I believe had a few small cameos in the prequel trilogy (not to mention the clones, obviously). The AT-RT is cool, but I already have the larger one, so..... I'm going to save my money for the AT-AT.

EDIT: Oh my, Anakin is in this set? Well, I certainly recognize him, of course! Granted, though, he isn't exactly rare, so my minifig verdict persists, even in the logic behind it has changed.

Edited by Ai841

I gave below average score. The tank just looks weak. The first model look ....MORE.

I do like the figs in this alot. I think this model could do better in a midi size. They can beef it up and add good tires and wheels and thicken it up.

Hmm....eventhough I hate the set, I will get Cad Bane. The torso and gas mask are perfect for my post apoc troops.

Does the gas mask allow standered minfigure hair to be connected the the head?

Edited by The crazy one

I gave below average score. The tank just looks weak. The first model look ....MORE.

I do like the figs in this alot. I think this model could do better in a midi size. They can beef it up and add good tires and wheels and thicken it up.

Official lego models are never mindblowing :sceptic: - but i don't get it why everyone hate those wheels they are much more accurate than old spacey ones.... Midi one couldn't have figs and those are great in this set :thumbup: ... but too bad that they left out that planned tactical droid figure :thumbdown: ....

Many thanks for the review jansued!

I absolutely adore the Aayla Secura minifig, lovely version of my favourite Jedi. Cad Bane is pretty rockin' too. But as mush as I love the figures, the tank is a major disappointment.

I own the original CTT and this newer version is much the same if not worse. The wheels are more accurate and asides a few additional interesting parts that's where any improvement on the original ends. So what we're left with is a spindly, sub-standard remake with some awesome minifigs. What a pickle! unfortunately this seems to be the trend with many of 2010's releases and overall has left me feeling really disappointed in the LEGO Star Wars line. Hopefully things will get better.

In the meantime I'll find some other way to source the minifigs and he wheels... I almost own this set already as it is.

Although I do want that hat...hmmm.

Super Indiana Jones! :tongue:

Cad Bane looks sorta silly, IMO. I wish they would do some new clone peices instead of doing the same thing as Batman, with all-the-weapons-you'll-ever-need-for-a-theme-in-1-bag. :hmpf: I don't have a place to put extra clone-only stuff, so I have to stuff my clones with gear.(except the guns, I keep some for other uses... :vader: )

Why is it Ashoka always finds her way into tank-like sets? I'm thinking about that speeder, it's too blurry but I don't see any clones :look: ... Where will Cad Bane get his guns from now? :devil: (<--And how do people make that smiley look more evil in their posts? :grin: )

I am just glad that TLG did a properly scaled AT-RT. I really enjoy the smaller items with playability. Since I have that old jugernaut I will pick this up mod a few more AT-RT's and redo the entire vehicle using both sets.

5.jpg

FAIL! Grievous isn't supposed to meet Anakin until Episode III! :tongue: Still a cool poster though.

Thanks for the review. Having missed out on the first CTT, I'm very much looking forward to this one, especially with those excellent figs and accurate AT-RT! I for one think it's pretty neat that you can stow all the extra bits inside the Juggernaut like that. It's much better than the first CTT which had no interior whatsoever. Of course, the yellow is a bit ugly, but that's moddable. And as long as the axles only look fragile, I'm OK with that too, even though the ones on the old CTT looked better. Either way, I can't wait to buy my own copy of this set, much to the dismay of my wallet. :tongue:

While the new Clone Wars sets have made a lot of improvements over old Episode II and Episode III sets, this is one instance where they have dropped the ball. The colors, design and overall playability of this one are of lower standards than the previous ones. I think that with all of the improvements lego made to the Republic Gunship and the AT-TE this set should have been a lot better. Plus, Lego has done what they have always done and have included 4 main characters and two Clone Troopers. I love the fact that we finally got Bane and Secura, but did we really need two other figures we have at least 3 of? Why not instead include 2 Battle Droids. They are way under represented in sets compared to Clone Troopers, especially because they haven't gotten a Battlpack in the new line. This feels less like a true improvement and more like Lego's attempt to play on the popularity of the other Clone Wars sets.

People are so critical of this set (though once again it's the guys and girls too poor to buy it that moan - connection?)

the interior is packed, you're looking at it with everything removed - of course it would look empty.

True the axels are a mess, but just double them up - add an extra beam. Take it from someone that owns the set, the axels only look bad at certain angles, side on it looks great.

This thing has swats for 4 pilots and they actually get controls (how rare for Lego...)

great review! don't think i'll get this, but i don't have any ground vehicles from SW as is.

and btw, if you use Firefox and have a few tabs open this review is labeled as "Heavy megablocks"... as i'm remarkably immature (apparently), this amuses me greatly.

great review! don't think i'll get this, but i don't have any ground vehicles from SW as is.

and btw, if you use Firefox and have a few tabs open this review is labeled as "Heavy megablocks"... as i'm remarkably immature (apparently), this amuses me greatly.

If you've said it once you've said it a thousand times...

Please don't bump topics. Especially ones that are six months old. It gets agitating- mainly because we've had several of these in the past week. A message from your local annoyed guy.

Hello jansued, I just bought this set from a seller and I'm missing the instructions for the set. So if possible, can you take the pictures or scan the instructions for me and send into the shinning_cross@yahoo.com because toysperiod and peeron still hasn't upload this set yet. Thanks.