KimT

Chrome Darth Vader

Probably because we were told that they wouldn't be in the BP's :laugh:

But since so many now say that they have gotten one in a BP, I am starting to believe.

Now who's gonna take my order on 50 Battle Packs and ship them to Denmark from the US? :grin::wink:

But since so many now say that they have gotten one in a BP, I am starting to believe.

Now who's gonna take my order on 50 Battle Packs and ship them to Denmark from the US? :grin::wink:

The shipping charges would be...astronomical. :oh3: I believe they are in the battle packs, does anyone remember who it was who said they wouldn`t be? A LEGO rep? A fan? An uninformed idiot? :grin:

would you pay for such a sevice to the "helper"?

I would, but:

1.-I think the US S&H limits how many battle packs you can buy at one time.

2.-They would all be opened already. :wink:

3.-And you would have to pay me. A lot. :grin:

I'm very tempted to buy a few more droid/clone battle packs in order to increase my chances of a chrome Vader. But I've got notoriously bad luck in life, so I'm waffling. :(

I'm very tempted to buy a few more droid/clone battle packs in order to increase my chances of a chrome Vader. But I've got notoriously bad luck in life, so I'm waffling. :(

just get them, its a win-win situation

I would, but:

1.-I think the US S&H limits how many battle packs you can buy at one time.

2.-They would all be opened already. :wink:

3.-And you would have to pay me. A lot. :grin:

Does that mean if you find a chrome Vader, you're going to "pretend" that the 50 battle packs had nothing special in them? :tongue:

just get them, its a win-win situation

It's not a win-win situation for your wallet. :grin:

Edited by ILikePi

Does that mean if you find a chrome Vader, you're going to "pretend" that the 50 battle packs had nothing special in them? :tongue:

It's not a win-win situation for your wallet. :grin:

1.-Shhh! Yes, but don't tell KimT that!! :tongue:

2.-My thoughts exactly.

Well I saw the NEW video on brothers-brick, so that guy found 2 c-d-v in 1 battlepack.

The video and camera angle doesn't show the "front" boxart of the box, so its entirely possible to use a penknife and open it up to put the DVs inside.

When he opened the box, the instructions booklet covered the bottom so we couldn't see if the bottom cardboard (front boxart) had been tampered with or not.

No Im not saying the video is fake, just saying it is possible to recreate the video under these circumstances. :tongue:

Well I saw the NEW video on brothers-brick, so that guy found 2 c-d-v in 1 battlepack.

The video and camera angle doesn't show the "front" boxart of the box, so its entirely possible to use a penknife and open it up to put the DVs inside.

When he opened the box, the instructions booklet covered the bottom so we couldn't see if the bottom cardboard (front boxart) had been tampered with or not.

No Im not saying the video is fake, just saying it is possible to recreate the video under these circumstances. :tongue:

I still think such video(s) are faked. Because I have 3 Chrome Vaders and I compared two battlepacks: One with the Chrome Vader and one without...

...and the result was: they were the same with no differences!

And if you see

video, you can notice, when he opened the box, that a think boardpeel sticked to the lower box part.

So that would mean, that he ha glued them together!

'Bricks'

Edited by Bricks

Also the fact it took him ages to see there was another one in there...I mean come on, it was in plain view!

Because I have 3 Chrome Vaders and I compared two battlepacks: One with the Chrome Vader and one without...

...and the result was: they were the same with no differences!

What?! How?! When/where?! :oh3: *need info*

This might seem like a stupid question, but is the chrome Vader worth 30 euro? A guy in Sweden (where I live) is selling five of those and one has already been sold for 25 euro. Would it be a sweet deal if I got one for 30 euro, or should I let it pass?

The attachments aren't working for me. So is this a random special, like the chrome C-3POs? Or do you think it comes in every set? Pictures, please!

no they only come in 2009 :thumbup: sets there put there randomly :hmpf_bad:

Edited by plokoon512

This might seem like a stupid question, but is the chrome Vader worth 30 euro? A guy in Sweden (where I live) is selling five of those and one has already been sold for 25 euro. Would it be a sweet deal if I got one for 30 euro, or should I let it pass?

Could be a good deal for the moment. But the price could change in summer...

Not in Sweden!

The Chrome Vaders were given as an present for some pre-orders of the set 8017.

'Bricks'

Edited by Bricks

Oh dear, now starstreak is in for another beating.

Keep cool people and "Stay On Target!"

Could it be a 1st of April thingy :wink:

Lol.

Oh dear, now starstreak is in for another beating.

Keep cool people and "Stay On Target!"

Could it be a 1st of April thingy :wink:

I had high hopes opening my 8017, but no chrome vader :(

I recently went to target and brought a scale with me. I weighed over 30 different sets, and I found 1 Darth Vader set that weighed more than the rest. I also found 3 Hydra Bombers that weighed more than the rest. I bought them and opened them very carefully. But none of them had the Chrome Darth Vader, so I returned all of them.

I hope someone else has more luck with this tactic than I did!

LegoKing

I recently went to target and brought a scale with me. I weighed over 30 different sets, and I found 1 Darth Vader set that weighed more than the rest. I also found 3 Hydra Bombers that weighed more than the rest. I bought them and opened them very carefully. But none of them had the Chrome Darth Vader, so I returned all of them.

LegoKing

Wow!

You took them back? Opened? Sheesh... :hmpf_bad:

Over here, they only accept stuff back in new cond. :sceptic:

That's bad. Shouldn't open up a box and return. :hmpf_bad:

LegoKing

That's bad. Shouldn't open up a box and return. :hmpf_bad:

Agreed - that's kinda like stealing the way I see it.

Shame on you for doing that :hmpf_bad:

LegoKing

I want these specialty pieces as bad as the next guy, but that's not cool man.

It's like the people who open sets and take out the figs, or when the chrome 3CPO thing blew up.

LegoKing

The point was to weigh battle packs as it would be easier to note a difference in weight. With a larger set, with more carboard, glue, and plastic bag variation, these would increase the variability in weight and it would be harder to tell...in fact, it might be so much that the lighter package may have held a Chrome Vader....3.9g can be easily made up with extra glue and plastic bag. Now, 3.9g diff in a Battlepack...that might be a 5% difference and detectable...in a larger set with more weight, you're looking at <1% weight difference.

Everyone's already commented on the "open and return" so I reserve my comments on this. :sceptic:

Edited by winbrant