...i am waiting for gondor :)....

The torsos for Gondor are available. I already bought a few myself. :)

And i thought my 30 soldiers are a big force :(

30 soldiers is already quite a big army. ;)

Richchie - that is a superb army with an excellent baseplate layout! My only suggestion might be to stagger/scatter your orcs more so they look a little less organized, but it depends on whether or not you want them in strict formation.

In almost any build where your not portraying active combat, 30 IS an army. Given how many different fantasy/castle factions are out there now, I made the personal standard that 20 of any particular faction was the minimum I want to collect. There are some factions that I have less of that I am utilizing as more of a small caravan (PoP soldiers) or a small raiding party (Swamp creatures from MF, Yeti CMFs), but for each new castle faction or quality CMF, I try to collect 20. In most of my mid to small builds, (4 baseplates or less), 20 is plenty. If I'm looking to garrison a large castle of fortress, then I want 30-40 or more, but I have larger factions that I would utilize for this purpose.

The immense armies, like richchie's, are great for display just like he shows, or for massive battles, but I personally find that for almost every battle scene that I build, 30 troops for one side is plenty.

Richchie - that is a superb army with an excellent baseplate layout! My only suggestion might be to stagger/scatter your orcs more so they look a little less organized, but it depends on whether or not you want them in strict formation.

In almost any build where your not portraying active combat, 30 IS an army. Given how many different fantasy/castle factions are out there now, I made the personal standard that 20 of any particular faction was the minimum I want to collect. There are some factions that I have less of that I am utilizing as more of a small caravan (PoP soldiers) or a small raiding party (Swamp creatures from MF, Yeti CMFs), but for each new castle faction or quality CMF, I try to collect 20. In most of my mid to small builds, (4 baseplates or less), 20 is plenty. If I'm looking to garrison a large castle of fortress, then I want 30-40 or more, but I have larger factions that I would utilize for this purpose.

The immense armies, like richchie's, are great for display just like he shows, or for massive battles, but I personally find that for almost every battle scene that I build, 30 troops for one side is plenty.

The torsos for Gondor are available. I already bought a few myself. :)

...i know.....but i will wait.... there are some parts missing :)

...i know.....but i will wait.... there are some parts missing :)

yes I am waiting for custom gondor helmets, as I know the helmets will be this year, but probably do not wait for helmets and buy torso and legs first, because I am afraid that in future there could be situation that will be not enough torsos...

Richchie, can you please post the link to your friend's bricklink store (the one that make those Gondor Torsos)? Thanks!

here it is:

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Friend.bricks

thank you, I decided to have such huge army for one reason : to have enough bad guys who will fight my good guys. I want the number of bad to be twice as number of good. I have 60 crown knights, 30 elves, 20 rohan...so together 110 good guys. My orcs army consists of 180 infantry (pictures are here), 50 uruk hai and 20 warg riders (pictures will be here soon, first I must build terain). Because I want also minimum 20 gondorians, the number of good guys are 130, so there will be 130 good guys against 250 orcs. I want to build castle diorama (128x120 stud) - that will be castle + village and crown army marching to war. on other baseplates I will create elf army , gondor army and rohan army, also marching to war to help the crownies :-) So thats my plans for future

Fantu, I loved your army, and I think this custom helmet fits very well with the elves from the collectible minifigs... Your elf king is perfect, the white hair gives him a very powerfull look. What kind of paint do you use? It's very nice to see a Lug Brasil army here =) The only modification that I would do is to change de yellow to light flesh, because I think they look more realistic..

Sahidko, I'm impressed and kind of jealous of your elven army. These Gondorian Army is also perfect, especially Elendil and Isildur. Please, show us your orc army too, I see that you used custom weapons and body wear on them as well..

Sahidko, I'm impressed and kind of jealous of your elven army. These Gondorian Army is also perfect, especially Elendil and Isildur. Please, show us your orc army too, I see that you used custom weapons and body wear on them as well..

Thanks, i actually like them the most from my collection. :) As per the orcs all weapons are from Lego, just some of the helmets/shields/armors are custom.

R9KIqF.jpg

dl4CGK.jpg

It's been a while since I posted here. My forces went through quite a bit of an update.

here's an overview of Sir Kejtar's forces. Up front you have sir Kejtar and his command staff. Directly behind him you have his mounted forces. Behind and to the right there are the ground pounders. Behind them are the light scouts. Behind to the left of the command staff are the scouts and behind them are the castle guard. All the way in the back are the mounted scouts.

21576531455_c98bc860f0_n.jpg

Sir Kejtar and command staff

21584242791_092b89e61c_n.jpg

Ground pounders

21549229096_24e37f9c1e_n.jpg

Light scouts

21575444715_b714dfc40e_n.jpg

Mounted troops

21584228821_ac1a95809a_n.jpg

Scouts

21564122782_41598aea10_n.jpg

Castle Guard

21387553218_3d00381c28_n.jpg

Mounted Scouts

21549201246_feeb35d7c3_n.jpg

Ugh... people, you constantly make me jealous. Ludzik (Poland?) great army, dreadfull pictures :P

Lower the angle as mostly we see their heads, make each group separetly, remove the floor in photoshop and add a white background. And take the dust off the helmets, especially the black ones.

Fantu, I loved your army, and I think this custom helmet fits very well with the elves from the collectible minifigs... Your elf king is perfect, the white hair gives him a very powerfull look. What kind of paint do you use? It's very nice to see a Lug Brasil army here =) The only modification that I would do is to change de yellow to light flesh, because I think they look more realistic..

Thanks Tyrannus! About the paint I still looking for a good paint because I didn't found here in Brazil those paints that the guys here on Eurobricks use for that.

Actually I like more of yellow minifigs than light flesh.

Ugh... people, you constantly make me jealous. Ludzik (Poland?) great army, dreadfull pictures :P

Lower the angle as mostly we see their heads, make each group separetly, remove the floor in photoshop and add a white background. And take the dust off the helmets, especially the black ones.

Lol yeah.... I suck with taking pictures ;). I was going for showing the whole troop which made the angle screwy. BTW they just marched through the desert hence so dusty ;)

Oh yeah California ;)

Edited by Ludzik

Red Dragon Army:

74 Soldiers with sword and shield

28 Soldiers with crossbow

24 Soldiers on horseback with sword and crossbow

6 Ninja (why not, it is possible)

10 Knight with heavy armor (3 on horseback, 7 on foot)

6 Knights without helmet

5 Aristocrats on horseback

Total 153

Photos in their original size: https://www.flickr.com/photos/135465543@N07/24330627912/

dsc05485.jpg

dsc05495.jpg

dsc05545.jpg

dsc05547.jpg

dsc05562.jpg

dsc05586.jpg

dsc05676.jpg

dsc05704.jpg

dsc05718.jpg

dsc05740.jpg

dsc05767.jpg

dsc05757.jpg

dsc05447.jpg

Edited by SupremoDesslock

I really don't like that all of them have exactly same helmet and the one that don't have helmet have almost exactly same hairstyle.

Besides what's the point? Bad guys always loose in the end, no matter how many of them are :)

Stelario is right, they are really similar, A little variety could help with such many numbers.

Desslock, your Dragon army is most impressive! It was very nice of TLG to provide battle packs for this line, so it was a little easier to army build these. I'm still working on my own version of the 2014 Dragons.

I really don't like that all of them have exactly same helmet and the one that don't have helmet have almost exactly same hairstyle.

We covered this before, that the first stage of army building is mass collecting. Customization is very costly, and very time consuming. Believe me, I know. Plus, I would guess the majority of collectors prefer similar troops to varied troops. Seeing a storm trooper column is much more impressive with it's uniformity then seeing a column of rag-tag rebel troops from End or or Tatooine.

Thanks Rogue Angel, finally a positive opinion!

It is a pity, if some people only look for negativity and criticism. In such opinion, I will not comment. I'm not going to avenge myself and write something negative in their presentations. An opinion should also include positive. The name of the theme is "Post Your Castle Army Here!" I think that my presentation was really not so bad. After all, I tried to create an interesting line-up of the army, and I have tried it with the photos from different viewing angles for look more interesting.

Your guess is correct, I prefer similar forces. Therefore, the same helmets and short haircut (hairstyle). There is a regular army and not rebels. My example and idea were really imperial stormtrooper. That was my intention, and I will not change anything. Honestly, I've been expecting a criticism because of the lack of not existing landscape, or the carpet or else that they see in the background.

I am also aware that if I want to show photos of a building or a landscape in this forum, I have to do a lot more. Rogue Angel, I like very your Presentations in this forum! It has many beautiful and interesting details. You're a good example for me. Because of such people like you, I've signed up to the forum. Sorry for my bad English.

SupremoDesslock, I love huge clone armies, like your own and the also mentioned storm troopers...

And personally I don't understand all the "hate" of some against your army. I also like the feeling of an army, instead of a rebel indisciplined rebel group..

The point is, IF you want to give a more realistic look to your army (without losing the disciplined look), you could add few details to make them a little different from each one. Examples: buy some white horses to brake the "brown wave", change some of the heads and buy some different weapons (like axes, pikes, spears, bows, etc). These way they will have the same uniform, look like a faction, but you break the "clone feeling".

Keep up the good work :wink:

2 people briefly said they don't like armies that are low in variety. That's not "all the hate"

I also like the feeling of an army, instead of a rebel indisciplined rebel group.

It's not hate, also you need to keep in mind a modern army that looks the same and medieval,castle army that didnt.

I always went for the medieval look. It doesnt have to look like a rebel group.

I thin kthe Total War series did a good job with their army looks.

Example:

108919dcc0b2dacc3d9d815a110dc658.jpg

Same army, same color type, different shields and various torsos.

Here is a great example in LEGO by Mark of Falworth

17268436765_df655b0f3a_c.jpg

Thats just a perfect LEGO army for me, same cholor scheme and tons of variations within.