Sign in to follow this  
CP5670

Black Hole Mk. II

Nice to see people still remember this. :classic: It does look similar to that imperial shuttle, but that basic tri-wing shape is fairly generic and is used in a lot of places.

I actually got a few of these computer slopes from Bricklink and used them for this model, as they were a perfect fit here. I thought they were actually from one of the imperial shuttle sets, but it seems they weren't used there.

Edited by CP5670

Looks like an Imperial Shuttle to me :laugh:

Great work.. the sheer size and design of that thing is truly amazing :wub:

[pic of an Imperial Shuttle]

Looks like one to me too. :tongue:

You did an amazing job, CP5670!

Do you still have it?

Edited by General Magma

Thanks. The model is certainly still built. I generally don't take apart major MOCs that took a long time to build.

I have yet to find a good display arrangement for it though. It's too tall and wide to fit in the garage shelves I use for displaying everything else, so I have it in a separate room from the rest of my Space collection. :tongue: It sits on two big boxes that I use to transport Lego stuff to events.

Wow, man! I saw this link in your signature and I just had to check it out! It's so awesome. I can honestly say I could never build anything like that. For one, I don't have that many pieces, but for two... I could never build all those complicated technic functions you've got in there!

How did you do it? Did you plan out ahead or draw schematics? :tongue:

Also, wow... so many cool computer consoles! Where did you get all those? Also, how come just the one Blacktron guy looks different? You have an interesting approach to customizing the flight packs. I would just put the little neon green studs on them. :classic:

Most impressive, man!

I have some much smaller (obviously) space creations that I've built, that I plan on sharing here eventually. It's just a pain to clean the pieces, set up to take pictures, and then edit the photos one by one on your PC. :grin:

Hey, thanks. :classic: I had made a very rough framework model in MLCad, just to visualize the overall shape I was going for, but filled in the details as I went along.

I'm not very creative with minifigs and typically just use unmodified ones in my MOCs, but I thought it might be funny to have the captain look more evil than the other, smiling guys. :laugh: The computer pieces were mostly bought off Bricklink, along with some older ones taken from various space sets. A few of them are actually stickers from Technic sets, such as the 8856 stickers used around the pilot seats.

Looking forward to seeing your space MOCs too. :thumbup:

Wow, truly an amazing and beautiful piece of work mate, i love all the detail, everything blends and matches perfectly, truly well done! :thumbup:

I know its old and I probably shouldn't be bringing up old topics, but this is mega epic. Mega freaking epic. I'd love to shine my blacklight on it.

This is quite stunning, I was expecting an actual black hole and was curious how that was going to look.

This really brings me back to one of my favorite blacktron sets, but you have way more blacktron pieces than I do. Very impressive and I love the lambda class ques it has. The size is really impressive.

Thank you. :classic: This MOC is probably still my best, but is fairly old now and could use a few updates with newer pieces. I was thinking of adding some interior lighting into it, maybe with UV lights.

Bumping this old thread. I've been working on modernizing this model with newer parts and building techniques. I updated the original post with the new model.

Awesome mech. It's great to see how popular Blacktron still is.