It was a bright day and the sun was beating down on the streets of Kings Port.

Inside the governor's hall the temperature and the mood was much milder.

Admiral van Draumen had found the courage to propose to her - Princess Vinapptshitshi of Mardier, King Alphonso's beloved daughter.

32948055496_e2557059cc_c.jpg

As he kneeled down before her she gladly answered his beaming smile - and his proposal by a softly whispered "yes".

32989225385_b48559032b_c.jpg

Van Draumen had backed his proposal with a show-off of his riches, but it seemed that the princess cared more for him than for his money.

32948055206_f733e1fa80_c.jpg

Which was good, as van Draumen did not expect the King to approve of this marriage.

Troubled times lay ahead, but this was not the time to worry. This was a day to celebrate

C&C Welcome.

I love the kneeling van Draumen! And head choice, the ring, all very well presented! The frog in the fountain next to the princess is a nice touch as well. Excellent build! :thumbup:

A nice entry ! I think you're the first to post for Challenge V so congrats on that.

I like the kneeling Admiral Von Draumen. Good minifig posing here !

Good job !

Yep, that is superb posing (as always), and I think this is indeed the first entry posted! Great entry!

Exceptional job with the kneeling posing! You also somehow caused the build to look larger than it is. Great usage of the space to create the atmosphere needed. The fountain, frog, and rabbit are all nice touches. 

Very clever minifig posing, though that suitor looks a bit rakish to me. :sweet:  Great work!

Awesome interior scene but shame on you!!! How dare you to know me for ages and still using such a scandalous way to make your shields attached to the wall!

Well, we are humans after all, mistakes can be made, so for making your future MOC's even better, here is a tip:

8645109362_ec50fbbb4d.jpg

8645110122_a1faa47ba6.jpg

Damaximus/Maxim I Wall Decoration Shield Technic, on Flickr

(note: there is an alternative for the arch, which results in an even better result, using 2 "1x4-plates" stacked on eachother and two "1x1-plates" underneath creating a small gap between those "1x1-plates". I really should update that tutorial with this... )

You are welcome!

Back to the MOC: great job with the kneeling!

On 19.2.2017 at 10:00 PM, Capt Wolf said:

I love the kneeling van Draumen! And head choice, the ring, all very well presented! The frog in the fountain next to the princess is a nice touch as well. Excellent build! :thumbup:

:pir-grin: Thanks. I think I have to agree...

On 20.2.2017 at 11:47 AM, Faladrin said:

A nice entry ! I think you're the first to post for Challenge V so congrats on that.

I like the kneeling Admiral Von Draumen. Good minifig posing here !

Good job !

I found it was high time for an entry to the Challenge.

On 20.2.2017 at 8:30 PM, Ayrlego said:

Yep, that is superb posing (as always), and I think this is indeed the first entry posted! Great entry!

... as always :blush:  Thanks!

On 21.2.2017 at 3:45 PM, SilentWolf said:

Exceptional job with the kneeling posing! You also somehow caused the build to look larger than it is. Great usage of the space to create the atmosphere needed. The fountain, frog, and rabbit are all nice touches. 

Yepp, the MOC is actually "small" (or within allowed limits). The second picture turned out fine.

On 21.2.2017 at 8:18 PM, Kwatchi said:

Very clever minifig posing, though that suitor looks a bit rakish to me. :sweet:  Great work!

Ah, I learned a new word here.  Yes, I think I wanted him to have a "rakish" appearance.

On 22.2.2017 at 10:14 AM, Maxim I said:

Awesome interior scene but shame on you!!! How dare you to know me for ages and still using such a scandalous way to make your shields attached to the wall!

Well, we are humans after all, mistakes can be made, so for making your future MOC's even better, here is a tip:

Damaximus/Maxim I Wall Decoration Shield Technic, on Flickr

(note: there is an alternative for the arch, which results in an even better result, using 2 "1x4-plates" stacked on eachother and two "1x1-plates" underneath creating a small gap between those "1x1-plates". I really should update that tutorial with this... )

You are welcome!

Back to the MOC: great job with the kneeling!

Help, somebody is shouting... :laugh:

Well, my friend Maxim, there may be a new and better shield-building-technique in Eslandola, but this is Mardier!

Pls. note orange flags and the much feared Mardier "black guards" in the background.

6 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Great minifig posing and an excellent choice of heads! :laugh:

Thank you, sir!

:grin:

Lovely interior scene with many nice details, and some excellent posing! I am wondering at the indoor fountain, though - Never seen that before! :pir-blush:

Van Draumen is quite a dashing gentleman! :pir-grin:

Nice build. I like those huge windows and the floor color is perfect for this scene. The shields are neat, even if they protrude a bit. Good idea to include the guards, if only as an additional detail. But of course the highlight is the two main characters: the well-dressed admiral looks perfect in that kneeling pose, and the lady looks really good in that classic torso / solid color skirt piece which I usually find unattractive compared to the printed dresses. Good work. :thumbup:

On 2.3.2017 at 4:54 PM, Bregir said:

Lovely interior scene with many nice details, and some excellent posing! I am wondering at the indoor fountain, though - Never seen that before! :pir-blush:

Van Draumen is quite a dashing gentleman! :pir-grin:

Indoor fountain?  Don't know. Do you have a similar one?

I developed this one out of an earlier version used for one of the Pontelli houses.

21 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Nice build. I like those huge windows and the floor color is perfect for this scene. The shields are neat, even if they protrude a bit. Good idea to include the guards, if only as an additional detail. But of course the highlight is the two main characters: the well-dressed admiral looks perfect in that kneeling pose, and the lady looks really good in that classic torso / solid color skirt piece which I usually find unattractive compared to the printed dresses. Good work. :thumbup:

Gee, Captain Dee is somewhat back again.

Thanks!