Sign in to follow this  
Vanocean117

Dieselpunk Style Floating City

You may have a city made of Lego, but what about a Dieselpunk style floating city?

I really love the early 20th century, I love art deco and early modern art, I love those vintage cars and trams. I love giant airships floating on the sky. I wonder, what if I mixed all that elements with a sci-fi city theme. That's why I build this project. I want to explore the possibility of an alternate reality.

The floating city could be a series of products, just like the Lego city products. This project here is a core piece of the floating city, we can introduce new sets to expand the city.

What includes in this set are a floating 3-story house, a flying tram, a flying taxi and a few figures. The figures are kind of random chosed from my figures collection, I will update the figure's design if this project is welcomed.

The 3-story house is a modular build with interior, which includes a pizza take-out window and an hot dog take-out window. The flying car included with the set can stop by and buy food from the windows.  There's a tram stop at the door, a figure can stand there and wait for the tram.

If you like this, please support me on the LEGO IDEAS site. Any suggestion are also welcomed, thanks.

29217390024_6bb2afd2b8_b.jpg

29217389564_b21eda030f_b.jpg

29217429344_d94737c798_b.jpg

29217418794_c3a00e1c0b_b.jpg

29217417204_c498fd8169_b.jpg

29809145366_6551b5d906_b.jpg

29551714500_cbb3477462_b.jpg

29731629532_3c90ed074d_b.jpg

Edited by Vanocean117

Sorry for nitpicking, but this style and setting is more Dieselpunk than Steampunk. Otherwise, that's a really nice MOC. :thumbup:

20 minutes ago, Eggyslav said:

Sorry for nitpicking, but this style and setting is more Dieselpunk than Steampunk. Otherwise, that's a really nice MOC. :thumbup:

You are right. I edited the topic name.

Diggin' the concept idea, but I don't think it looks the Dieselpunk part; in my eyes the building & vehicles needs to be more Art-Deco/Retro-Futurism/Streamline Moderne/(Neo)Pulp Noir styled.

I suggest you look up some reference material; such as 'Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow'. :wink:

Edited by -zenn

I love the art deco style! The taxi has some nice details and the trolley is really wonderful. I like how well you were able to convey the whole notion of a floating chunk of city.

Your MOC was very clearly inspired by the Artist Alejandro Burdisio who is known for cool Artworks with hovering vintage Vehicles flying next to floating or regular Buildings.

I really love your Style just because i`m also a huge Fan of Hover Cars with retro Designs and did quite a few by myself.

Keep up the good Work,you definately need to extend this to a whole Series of Mocs.

I really like your model and this particular style is so interesting to begin with. I also see a resemblance to Alejandro Burdisio and his artwork must be inspiring for people who are familiar with the subject. It is very cool for being a LEGO model, though. :thumbup: