Klaus-Dieter

2017 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

26 minutes ago, scottwb2010 said:

Tried searching 4chan and reddit and still can't find anything!!!

Try with "New set Images Lego 2017" ;) Pictures are also on Imgur ;)

1 hour ago, scottwb2010 said:

Tried searching 4chan and reddit and still can't find anything!!!

Go to 4chan.org

Click on Toys

Search "Lego"

Click on the pic of Lego Captain America, or the topic "Lego General: Just give up edition."

Scroll down near the bottom of the page and you'll see the images.  They are thumbnails, so you'll have to look closely.  But they expand to the full screen.

Edited by wooster
forgot a step

10 hours ago, wooster said:

Go to 4chan.org

Click on Toys

Search "Lego"

Click on the pic of Lego Captain America, or the topic "Lego General: Just give up edition."

Scroll down near the bottom of the page and you'll see the images.  They are thumbnails, so you'll have to look closely.  But they expand to the full screen.

Looks like you get a "Fun at the Beach" minifigure set, a bus, a transporter truck with little quadbikes and some Elves thing.

Okay, so I have seen the first shots of the sets I'm buying min-year......the beach set is okay except the volleyball net looks really bad sorry to say. The bus station set is one the best I've seen in a while I'm impressed cute news paper stand and I see payback to those cheap Chinese Lego fake makers and their bus station sets :wink:

Now the cargo terminal, positive is road transport though I feel it's missing something but I can't place a finger on it.

I guess we'll just wait till NYTF to see them in their full glory. 

Fun at the beach

Very good set, but the brick built volley-ball net is not very graceful. Everything else is well done ;)

Bus Station

Lot of minifigures, 2 bikes, it's cool! But too colorful and it looks like the roof is missing for the bus. I don't know if the final set can be so different than prelim on that point... What do you think about it?

24 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Fun at the beach looks nice

And we get 4 animals!

Isn't the diver holding a fish? That makes 5 ;) 

19 hours ago, wooster said:

Go to 4chan.org

Click on Toys

Search "Lego"

Thanks wooster for guiding me there! :thumbup:

11 hours ago, sebitsena said:

Fun at the beach

Very good set, but the brick built volley-ball net is not very graceful. Everything else is well done ;)

Other than not having much in the way of actual beachwear, sure. :laugh:

Not impressed with the volleyball net, but it could have been worse, I guess? Undecided about getting it yet. The rest don't look that appealing, but may change when they are on the shelves.

12 hours ago, williejm said:

I am not sure could be, but hard to tell :classic:

5 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Other than not having much in the way of actual beachwear, sure. :laugh:

Its a preliminary picture so its entirely possible the torso designs in the picture we have are not the final torso designs and we will get some beachwear in the final set.

14 hours ago, williejm said:

I refused to believe it but you're right. But he is taking it out of the water :O

The art box features a poor fish being killed by that diver :(

#prayforthefish  #stopthecarnage

Edited by Robert8

Thanks for sharing all the info guys, but I must say, i'm not impressed with the new sets. I hope the JE theme will have some cool features.

If only LEGO would use all the neat friends sets and give them a less girly look, that would be awesome.

Have we heard any rumors about another Amusement park set?  If I recall, there was a brief discussion about a Merry-go-round that may have been delayed to allow for the winter village train or a similar set, but nothing since.

Judging from the prelims:

In contrast to the majority of you I'm completely disappointed by the outcome of the Fun At The Beach set. I really, really hope that this pic is very prelim and that TLG changed a lot til the final set! The things which disturb me the most are the absence of the baby minifig, that the ice cream stand is much too small and seems to be a soft ice selling cart, that there are only two kids and that only two persons wear trunks. If this was really final, then this set would imo be really unattractive since the biggest reason to get multiples of this set are excellent, beachwear wearing minifigs! :thumbdown:

The bus station itself looks good. And the bus, too. I only hope that the final version will have a roof. In principle the newsstand is a neat addition. But its depth is much too small; it should at least be 3 studs (inside) deep. But all in all a nice set and finally a new bus with station! :classic:

I like and dislike the Cargo Terminal set at the same time - but more like than dislike. The vehicles are really decent looking. And the gate house with the barrier is a brilliant addition! The big shelters are nice, too. But which I really, really miss is the acutal depot building - where is it?! :cry_sad: Nevertheless all in all a cool set. :thumbup:

On 21.1.2017 at 7:17 PM, williejm said:

Yes, he definately holds one.

5 hours ago, Aegis1984 said:

Have we heard any rumors about another Amusement park set?  If I recall, there was a brief discussion about a Merry-go-round that may have been delayed to allow for the winter village train or a similar set, but nothing since.

From what I remember the planned merry-go-round was displaced for later than 2016 - suppoably because of the release of the Friends Amusement Park sets. And several members here who know better than I stated that it will indeed be released. So I bet - and hope! - that it'll be relased this year. Only this would make sense. One year break is bad anway. But if TLG did desplace it into 2018, some people would persumable loose the interest into the Creator Fairground sets.

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

1 hour ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Judging from the prelims:

In contrast to the majority of you I'm completely disappointed by the outcome of the Fun At The Beach set. I really, really hope that this pic is very prelim and that TLG changed a lot til the final set! The things which disturb me the most are the absence of the baby minifig, that the ice cream stand is much too small and seems to be a soft ice selling cart, that there are only two kids and that only two persons wear trunks. If this was really final, then this set would imo be really unattractive since the biggest reason to get multiples of this set are excellent, beachwear wearing minifigs! :thumbdown:

Have to agree. Maybe Danish beaches look like that with 2 fully clothed sunbathers?

What I would expect out of a beach set is more like the Paradisa sets, except now Lego can apply more varied shirtless and bikini prints alongside the classic yellow legs + colored trunks. The saving grace is the abundance of animals and accessories.

20 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

The things which disturb me the most are the absence of the baby minifig, that the ice cream stand is much too small and seems to be a soft ice selling cart, that there are only two kids and that only two persons wear trunks. If this was really final, then this set would imo be really unattractive since the biggest reason to get multiples of this set are excellent, beachwear wearing minifigs! :thumbdown:

I guess torsos in this prelim are not the final torsos we will get. I think we will get new torsos TLG will re-use later, so it makes sense we get only two persons wearing trunks. But if i am right, TLG missed the opportunity to release a full beach sub-theme...

The bus station itself looks good. And the bus, too. I only hope that the final version will have a roof. In principle the newsstand is a neat addition. But its depth is much too small; it should at least be 3 studs (inside) deep. But all in all a nice set and finally a new bus with station! :classic:

Totally agree with you! The newsstand would look better if it was designed like the Coffe Chain stand in the 60097 City Square set. I do hope this bus will get a roof! If not, it should be easy to add one ;) It is the best bus i have seen since the 8404 Public Transport Station set!

From what I remember the planned merry-go-round was displaced for later than 2016 - suppoably because of the release of the Friends Amusement Park sets. And several members here who know better than I stated that it will indeed be released. So I bet - and hope! - that it'll be relased this year. Only this would make sense. One year break is bad anway. But if TLG did desplace it into 2018, some people would persumable loose the interest into the Creator Fairground sets.

I will purchase it even in 2018 or later, but the sooner the better it will be! :)

Wait and see: the toy fairs are coming soon!

Edit: but photography is prohibited at the London Toy Fair. So we have to wait the Nuremberg Toy Fair next week for pictures...

Edited by sebitsena

First Jungle leak is up on 4Chan. Appears to be one of the larger sets. Looks like a new big cat mold and a man-eating plant that is not brick-built. Seems to revolve around a crashed plane and a small temple.

Edited by K_Tiger

Class class class over there on site in discussion. Posters openly talking about returning Lego sets after taking the minifigures out and stealing loose pieces from "already opened" CMF bags. 

Eurobricks members getting screwed over by these very actions: 

Well... they are trying something new here

Love the crashed plane

The man-eating plant looks sick!

But I don't get the idea behind the set. Are they rescuers? Or those are they people who survived the crash?

Because they is a guy there in a kayaker there (with new paddle pieces I think) and the girl is taking a pic of the man-eating plant? Those 2 don't look like rescuers to me

EDIT. I DIDN'T NOTICE THE BLACK PANTHER AT FIRST. IT'S HUGE!

That poor guy is soooo doomed

EDIT #2. Is that guy supposed to be like Tarzan or something? Because he looks like he is swinging on a vine

Edited by Robert8

26 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Well... they are trying something new here

Love the crashed plane

The man-eating plant looks sick!

But I don't get the idea behind the set. Are they rescuers? Or those are they people who survived the crash?

Because they is a guy there in a kayaker there (with new paddle pieces I think) and the girl is taking a pic of the man-eating plant? Those 2 don't look like rescuers to me

EDIT. I DIDN'T NOTICE THE BLACK PANTHER AT FIRST. IT'S HUGE!

That poor guy is soooo doomed

EDIT #2. Is that guy supposed to be like Tarzan or something? Because he looks like he is swinging on a vine

I want to say that someone on 4Chan said that the explorers are looking for gold. The wreck appears to be an old one, and is just set dressing.

Edited by K_Tiger