Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

31 minutes ago, mediumsnowman said:

The Republic Tank looks amazing. Definitely getting at least 2.

Absolutely! Totally love the new clone trooper ?

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

I haven't got a Lego Store anywhere near me, but I ordered my polybag by just buying a Hoth Leia keying as soon as the deal was available. And this still works online - seems a bit unfair that you can't get it in store, but then I did also have to pay for delivery as under £50 spent so you could just buy a Microfighter in store to get the poly for almost the same amount.

That's exactly what I did. One of the store staff explained that it's just basically down to how cheap the keyring and the polybag is worth more as it is than the keyring... and that's before you factor in any kind of secondary market value. Some people are still trying to sell it for over £20 in places.

Ive gotta say the summer looks like a mighty fine wave. Even the weakest set in my opinion, the quadjumper,  is still very well done. I may not buy all of them but its good to see Lego continuing to churn out high quality models.

2 hours ago, Forresto said:

Ive gotta say the summer looks like a mighty fine wave. Even the weakest set in my opinion, the quadjumper,  is still very well done. I may not buy all of them but its good to see Lego continuing to churn out high quality models.

That's what I thought, I'm not sure on the Rathtar Escape as it looks very messy. 

5 minutes ago, J3D1-T said:

That's what I thought, I'm not sure on the Rathtar Escape as it looks very messy. 

Great set to modify tho hehe. 

Just now, Kevii23 said:

Yeah

I really need the new Phantom, but it's so overpriced ;-;

19 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

Looking forward to seeing what some of the folk on here get up to with that set.

15 hours ago, Helghan said:

What are you complaining about? Where were you when they rehashed X-wings or A-wings? At least this TIE looks fairly unique. Furthermore, each rendition of the TIE is unique in it's own way. Whether that be life-support systems, shielding, co-pilots, immense speed, or just the devastating firepower we're used to. 

I was not on eurobricks yet, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about them either. To be fair, we haven't seen a good picture of the "new" A-wing yet, but that one looks like they didn't even try. 

Talking about systems on a craft that doesn't exist is pointless in this discussion, since it apparently doesn't show on the basic design, what is ultimately what I'm complaining about.

Everything we've seen so far in the new films is a rehash. Slightly updated everything. The new X-wings are not even newly inspired designs, it's just a minor redesign of the original McQuarrie concept. They inverted the colors of TIE-s and added some greebling and a pilot so it's a new one. Streamlined a star destroyer. Made the Death Star even bigger. In the new one we seem to have another cobbled together TIE, some craft that resembles a B-wing, even more walkers, and the A-wing that was already mentioned. That's what I'm complaining about.  I hope it's clear now. 

To be fair, all this doesn't matter if the movie itself ends up being a masterpiece. I just don't get all the drooling over supposed new crafts that we've clearly seen before. (And I don't want to go on to discuss how unfortunate is that Kylo HAS TO have a custom fighter, because.... 'member the TIE Advanced? Even though there is no indication in the TFA whatsoever that he would be even a decent pilot.) 

I know these films aren't based on reality but any civilisation/organisation will evolve their technology over time and it makes sense that TFO would improve on the designs of the Empire as well as the Resistance improving on their tried and tested fighters. I would be more concerned if the directors etc threw out all the designs from previous movies and started from scratch because it wouldn't make sense. Each film delivers new craft as well as new and improved models from the past. I think it also makes sense that Kylo would be a decent pilot with his force abilities............

I had high hopes for the Ren tie fighter, but am quite disappointed by the design we've seen in the leak. I have to remind myself that hot wheels versions of star wars are always crap .

On 15.3.2017 at 9:08 PM, benderisgreat said:

That's great news! But who can it be? 40 anniversary means a lot, so maybe minifigure of the Creator himself George Lucas?!

There is a George Lucas minifigure on Ebay right now. Not my auction, but thought some might be interested.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/LEGO-Minifigure-GEORGE-LUCAS-Star-Wars-Version-2009-original-/192173587679?hash=item2cbe703cdf:g:zTUAAOSw~y9ZBe68

1 hour ago, Slobey said:

I know these films aren't based on reality but any civilisation/organisation will evolve their technology over time and it makes sense that TFO would improve on the designs of the Empire as well as the Resistance improving on their tried and tested fighters. I would be more concerned if the directors etc threw out all the designs from previous movies and started from scratch because it wouldn't make sense. Each film delivers new craft as well as new and improved models from the past. I think it also makes sense that Kylo would be a decent pilot with his force abilities............

What you say does make sense, but as much as the prequels didn't really work as films, at least in this they were consistent, the Jedi starfighters did look like the predecessors of TIE-s, and the ARC fighters did resemble the X-wings just the right amount. Yes, there has to be a sense of continuity, but what I'm saying is in 30 years more development happens than just recoloring something. Just look at cars from 30 years ago. 

About the Kylo can pilot because of the Force....it is pretty well established that not everyone strong with the Force is a good pilot. Obi Wan e.g. was a decent pilot yes, but he even hated flying. Why does every Skywalker offspring has to be a good pilot? Skills are not the only thing defining a family I think...

1 minute ago, julesvincent said:

There is a George Lucas minifigure on Ebay right now. Not my auction, but thought some might be interested.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/LEGO-Minifigure-GEORGE-LUCAS-Star-Wars-Version-2009-original-/192173587679?hash=item2cbe703cdf:g:zTUAAOSw~y9ZBe68

Woah, 3000 EUR? I'd rather buy a retired UCS set for that money :D

Hey look! It's kriffin' Aayla and Bossk!

That Bossk's eyes are so awesome, I'm tempted to change it to my profile picture XD

3 hours ago, brobert said:

What you say does make sense, but as much as the prequels didn't really work as films, at least in this they were consistent, the Jedi starfighters did look like the predecessors of TIE-s, and the ARC fighters did resemble the X-wings just the right amount. Yes, there has to be a sense of continuity, but what I'm saying is in 30 years more development happens than just recoloring something. Just look at cars from 30 years ago. 

About the Kylo can pilot because of the Force....it is pretty well established that not everyone strong with the Force is a good pilot. Obi Wan e.g. was a decent pilot yes, but he even hated flying. Why does every Skywalker offspring has to be a good pilot? Skills are not the only thing defining a family I think...

Woah, 3000 EUR? I'd rather buy a retired UCS set for that money :D

In 30 years of cars...

Now look at 30 years of fighter jet advancement, military aircraft advancement. F-16, 40 years+, and still looks the same. A chinook, over 50 years, and still looks pretty much the same.

I think you're expecting too much difference.

20 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

In 30 years of cars...

Now look at 30 years of fighter jet advancement, military aircraft advancement. F-16, 40 years+, and still looks the same. A chinook, over 50 years, and still looks pretty much the same.

I think you're expecting too much difference.

Think we need to be careful rationalising designs of fictitious craft by real world trends...

Force Awakens deliberertly copied much of what we've seen before either as a cynical and lazy way of making the film 'look' like star wars or the deliberate copying was an attempt at world building and to avoid changes that might seem jarring (e.g Naboo spaceship design vs established Star Wars 'look')

6 hours ago, belkor said:

I had high hopes for the Ren tie fighter, but am quite disappointed by the design we've seen in the leak. I have to remind myself that hot wheels versions of star wars are always crap .

Not necessarily. Hot wheels came out with a line not to long ago where they sold gold models or the millennium falcon and slave 1 which I own both and they almost feel like a $20-$30 model and it was only $5!

Back on topic though I actually like kylo ren's star fighter. Its different and I think thats good. It separates the two different trilogys. And I am most definitely lookin forward to lego making this.

Ayla is great update. Bossk is good but obviously needs dual molded legs. 4-lom is the bomb!

Edited by ChiefPie

Just picked up the First Order and Bounty Hunter Battlepacks in Liverpool. Where for art thou, Zuckuss? ;)

40 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Just picked up the First Order and Bounty Hunter Battlepacks in Liverpool. Where for art thou, Zuckuss? ;)

Any shop in particular?

Are we expecting a 1st June release date?

It was at Smyths. I thought it was a June 1st release but popped in to pick up a voucher and ambled past the Lego aisle out of habit. Looked like all of the summer wave was on shelf... I spotted a Freemakers set first then noticed the BPs.

Just now, Robianco said:

It was at Smyths. I thought it was a June 1st release but popped in to pick up a voucher and ambled past the Lego aisle out of habit. Looked like all of the summer wave was on shelf... I spotted a Freemakers set first then noticed the BPs.

Buy them all and review it for us!

For real though, is it common for countries like UK to get them early? I know Russia does...

Interesting, so in some countries are the sets available even they are still not LEGO shop.

Just now, VaderFan2187 said:

Buy them all and review it for us!

For real though, is it common for countries like UK to get them early? I know Russia does...

I've seen things a week early or so before but never an entire wave. To have things best part of a month early does seem odd. I tend to buy from the Lego store so most of what I buy is on official release date. Couldn't say no to these though. I must admit that after I left the only thing I might go back for is the Vader transformation but that would be the only PT set I'd have bought.

1 minute ago, Brickdad said:

Not on their website. Wonder if the smyths staff put them on the shelves by mistake!

That's probable. I can't imagine them officially breaking street date by selling them online. Rather than by mistake I'd just say they're not that bothered by street date so have just filled the shelves with stock.