Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

What if the bounty hunter battle pack is Episode 7? That might make sense considering the other BP is the Force Awakens era. I don't think we've ever gotten battle packs before that are different eras (unless you count that year of cross faction battle packs that don't count in patterns regarding single faction packs). 

This would actually make sense as there were plenty of bounty hunters seen in the film, visual guide, that are represented in the video game.  

5 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Why do you think Bounty Hunter battlepack is Ep 8 ? We know minifigures from the set include Dengar who defiantly wouldn't be alive 30 years after OT , since he's pretty old in Ep 5. Plus Lucasfilm is pretty tight on spoilers so they definitely would allow for Ep 8 to be spoiled in any way 6 months before movie comes out!

Tell that to Kanjuklub! 

Edited by Forresto

1 hour ago, nrg said:

Maybe First Order TIE Bomber coming...

Is this the first rumored episode 8 set? Since this came from a Bothan Spy it is pretty reliable. If it is true that would be awesome!

6 minutes ago, rollermonkey said:

I have a strong feeling that the Rathtar Escape set may look a lot like this with a Star Wars vibe instead of Dr. Strange:

Interesting. I always thought the monster there looked just like a Rathar.

49 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Why do you think Bounty Hunter battlepack is Ep 8 ? We know minifigures from the set include Dengar who defiantly wouldn't be alive 30 years after OT , since he's pretty old in Ep 5. Plus Lucasfilm is pretty tight on spoilers so they definitely would allow for Ep 8 to be spoiled in any way 6 months before movie comes out!

I thought batllepacks always came in pairs, and since the battlepacks on that list both had speeders, I thought they where based on the same film (and some scene in the film with speeders). Furthermore since one battelpack is listes as "First Order", and the other contains dengar+bossk+ig-88 I thought they could not have been from ep. 7,  and therefore must be from ep. 8.

But as others have pointet out; Ep. 8 sets is not going to be released before september.  So maybe my theory is not correct.

It still is strange with two battlepacks from two different films in the same wave. Have that ever happened before?

12 minutes ago, Bantha Fodder said:

It still is strange with two battlepacks from two different films in the same wave. Have that ever happened before?

2012: 9488 and 9489 (TCW and ROTJ respectively)

2013: 75000 and 75001 (AOTC and TOR respectively)

2014: 75034 and 75035/75036 (ANH and ROTS respectively)

2015: 75078 and 75079/75088/75089 (Rebels and Legends respectively)

2016: 75131/75132 and 75133/75134 (TFA and Battlefront respectively)

So yes, it has happened many times before

Edited by ChristopherLee

I STRONGLY hope that they don't do that. They better give us a molded rathtar for that price. They gave us the rancor in 2013 so I really hope they pull out strong with this set. It definitely has a lot of potential, so I hope the Bala Tik and Guavian figs look good as well. I don't think we'll get Kanjiklub because they were already in The Millennium Falcon.

The years with crossfaction battlepacks shouldnt count towards any trends as they're outliers.

If FO Tie Bomber is really coming in September, I'm pretty sure it will be around same piece sound and price as FO Special Forces Tie Fighter. Since Lego loves putting overpriced 70$ price tags on TIEs I have no doubt they will continue what FO Tie and Tie Striker started.

Interesting notes concerning the battlepacks is the price increase: they cost 3 more euro than usual, meaning more pieces = better builds. 

27 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Interesting notes concerning the battlepacks is the price increase: they cost 3 more euro than usual, meaning more pieces = better builds. 

or it could mean a price hike. Inflation happens, prices change (and brexit fucks with economies)

24 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Wouldn't get your hopes up, battle packs were 13-15 euros last year and now they are 17-18 a pop without any additional pieces.

Nah, Battlepacks are still going to be 15€, prices from this list were taken from Dutch shop, where prices are usually higher. German prices are still,15€.

14 hours ago, rollermonkey said:

I have a strong feeling that the Rathtar Escape set may look a lot like this with a Star Wars vibe instead of Dr. Strange:

*snip*

For that price I certainly hope not! 

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

1 hour ago, Sir von Lego said:

Wheel die you ver that from?

prices were at least in Germany 16.99 EUR the Last years, this year dropped to 14.99 EUR.

please do a Little Bit (at least a little bit) of research before posting..

What are you saying even, you edit in a personal attack but you don't fix the gibberish? And I'm just stating fact, BPs have increased in price year over year in dutchlandia. Which is where the list is from afaik. I suppose I should have been more clear but there's no need to be all passive-aggressive. 

My post wasn't even about price specifically, it was about it being highly unlikely that the new battle packs will have more pieces than usual.

Edited by khatmorg

6 hours ago, nrg said:

Maybe First Order TIE Bomber coming...

There is no such ship. I mean, of course, there probably will be someday but not today. 

3 hours ago, ChiefPie said:

A first order tie bomber would be cool but can we get a imperial one first..

That's what I'm saying. Rebels has been filled with TIE bombers across multiple episodes and seasons. If the TIE bomber is actual rumor for Lego Star Wars 2017, I'm inclined to believe the Rebels era release due to it's a) mere existence compared to the FO version and b) saturation in Rebels. Just as I'm inclined to believe Saw Gerrera will be a Rebels minifig and not Rogue One. Just seems like a better fit and representative of screen time given.

Edited by darththeling
typo

On some of the rumours discussed above...

I like the idea of a Tie Bomber (if it eventuates) agree with @ChiefPie in that an updated original is long overdue, although I'd take any new tie design at the moment.

With respect to the Rathtar's set, I would actually like to see a moulded creature, I think it leaves room for a possible corridor set up...

Oh another question, how does one get those cool Star Wars pics at the bottom, I read the FAQ's and it seems rather subjective...

5 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

or it could mean a price hike. Inflation happens, prices change (and brexit fucks with economies)

You're not even British, why did you have to use such harsh language?

Also, seeing how round Rathtars are, it'd be interesting to get a brick-built one. I tried making one myself.

And I'd be rather disappointed if Vader's Transformation was >$30. I'm hoping either the Tank or the Vader set is $30, and the other maybe $40.

But upon closer inspection of the Vader Transformation preliminary image, it looks weird. Arguably, the Yoda's Jedi Starfighter looked horrible in the preliminary images and turned out okay, but the Vader Transformation seems to be a central walkway, a black droid flying out of nowhere, the medical table, and a curved portion behind which I can't quite make out what is there due to the poor image quality. I hope they surprise me and make the build not-so-terrible.

Edited by VaderFan2187

Welcome back @VaderFan2187 

You didn't miss that much. Just the set numbers and pricing info was released for the summer sets. Still no confirmed UCS details. There are 2 buildable figures coming out, one a stormtrooper commander and the other one -- scout trooper with a speeder bike.

I can understand why @Magmafrost is disgruntled with the prices. Aussie LEGO prices are relatively high compared to the region... But seriously it's not that bad. There's another topic for that though.

17 minutes ago, makoy said:

Welcome back @VaderFan2187 

You didn't miss that much. Just the set numbers and pricing info was released for the summer sets. Still no confirmed UCS details. There are 2 buildable figures coming out, one a stormtrooper commander and the other one -- scout trooper with a speeder bike.

Thanks @makoy

Yep, I saw those. Delta was right about the scout trooper one :wink: and I'm very pumped for it! Hopefully it'll be Technic-style, like some old bigger Bionicle sets?

Part of me hopes @makoy is wrong and we don't get technic vehicles to go with buildable figures, I don't think they would look sensational. Hoped to be proven wrong.

Personally I'd rather TLG focus on making good system sets. They didn't do technic for a really long time and previous sets although character based (mindstorms aside) didn't reall hit the mark.

2 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

You're not even British, why did you have to use such harsh language?.

A few reasons: There's a 18+ age limit here for signing up here anyway (although the percentage of users who ignored it, who can say), so what does it matter.

Im Australian, that's just how I talk. We swear a lot, and not exclusively in anger, just in casual conversation.

I maintain the idea of a swear word is a fundamentally stupid concept anyway.

Also, Brexit did a number on the Australian dollar too,  we just recovered a lot quicker.

2 hours ago, makoy said:

I can understand why @Magmafrost is disgruntled with the prices. Aussie LEGO prices are relatively high compared to the region... But seriously it's not that bad. There's another topic for that though.

Im not disgruntled (well I am, but thats not the point), that's actually just how I talk. Now excuse me while I go rant in the pricing topic about why it is that bad

Edited by Magmafrost