Didn't we shake hands back then? I know I saw your models, next to Arjan's. I was sure I met you - if not I'll have to fix that this time!

Didn't we shake hands back then? I know I saw your models, next to Arjan's. I was sure I met you - if not I'll have to fix that this time!

Maybe we skake hands, but there where so many people that i can't remember it :blush:.

This time we will fix that and like you builds a lot :thumbup:.

I will be there for a couple of days with my city layout as part of a larger train layout. Looking forward to see all the other builders and their work.

Yay, I managed to buy a ticket for the final day! :classic: This will be the first time to attend the event as an AFOL and alone, looking forward to it!

By the way, is there a possibility to see some 2016 sets or meet some TLG designers in Utrecht?

Yay, I managed to buy a ticket for the final day! :classic: This will be the first time to attend the event as an AFOL and alone, looking forward to it!

By the way, is there a possibility to see some 2016 sets or meet some TLG designers in Utrecht?

Only at the AFOL evenings, but that is only for the participants :wink:

Wow! That looks great.

Really looking forward to this. It's right in the middle of a very busy event season, but it's now been two weeks since my last event, so I'm having withdrawal symptoms :D Two down, three more to go before Christmas...

@L@go, please say hi when you spot me! Lucky you with an entire event season, this is my third this year, of which 2 only were 1 day LUG meetings.

I won't be around every day because of university, but when there is someone with long hair looking like my profile picture, that will probably be me.

And this is the map for the train layout.

I am almost ready a packed the most ships, nine of it fit in the old case from the SL Gabon, only three ships must packed loose.

22058433698_36bb65a559_c.jpg

22166192175_8f7426c019_c.jpg

I was there today.

There were many people, even when it was almost 5 o'clock.

I liked the moc section very much.

I liked the fairytaleprocession in the Elfwood the most, but the wild west town, the viking village/forestmen/old castle section, the Village of Bucky Bug (from Disney), the remades from 80's city sets, the horror section, the monument for fallen soldiers from the first World War in Ieper Belgium, the Star Wars section, the big boats, the big football/soccerstadium and the funpark were very nice to see

In the inside of the moc section there were around 40 vitrine cupboards with old sets from the 60's,70's, 80's and many Star Wars Sets. Even some old wooden lego toys

I was also very early at "Build your own minifig" where you could have a torso with "2015 15 years of Legoworld" on it, specially made for this event.

And you could choose between 4 legs, 3 heads and 4 hairpieces. Afterwards you get it for free, but you only may got one a person.

I was very happy I was early, because a couple of hours later there was a gigantic waiting line for this.

It was the same with the Intertoys Toy shop, Almost empty in the first hour, waiting lines till the end.

If you bought something at the Intertoys, you could get a free polybag after the checkout. There was also a friends version, but I don't know which set that was, but it was as big as Ninjago 5002919 what I got.

If you want to buy something from Lego self you must use a credit card to pay. They don't accept money anymore.

BTW: Thomassio, As far as I know I didn't see these buildings but they look gorgeous.

Edited by Wout

Funniest thing i heard was at the Star Wars mocs.

A little boy asked his father if Star Wars really happened.

I will post some films/pictures updated by other people. If someone recognises it and he/she don't like that just say it to me.

By Ruben Ras

https://www.flickr.c...157656911290798

By Aawsum

https://www.flickr.c...157660114359225

By VFracingteam

edit:24-10

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=559830

by Smarth

https://www.flickr.com/photos/91433204@N08/sets/72157657951249083

By Don Leopold

Edited by Wout

During LEGOWorld 2015 we asked the AFOLs a couple of impossible questions. Here you'll find the shocking truth.

Also we've included a small compilation of all the beautiful things that were on display in 2015.

That is quite shocking indeed.

Best of luck with the rest of the event! I had to go home to do something called 'work'. Rest assured it wasn't my idea.

Edited by L@go

Actually, that's me. Smarth is just the username my brother used when he made a Brickshelf-account in 2007/2008. And since he isn't into LEGO anymore, I decided to take over.

I've requested a username change many times, but it sadly never happened. :sad:

Two years ago I went to LegoWorld in Utrecht for the first time. I had a blast and barely enough time to see everything. I had to skip last year so when I went today I was really excited. Now at the end of the day, I’m glad my daughter had a great time. That might be enough for the organizers since I’m probably not the main target audience. Still as an AFOL I can’t be anything else than disappointed. I know a lot of people worked hard on this event and there will be a lot of people raving about it. Here is what I think.

The good:

• The Lego Fans section was cool. Although I feel it is greatly reduced since the last time I was there. There were also a lot of builds that were there two years ago. Still this was by far the best part of the event. It is great talking to the builders and trying to figure out how their brains work.
  • The Lego Museum was cool but at the same time it felt missing a lot. There was a lot of Star Wars, and off course Star Wars is always cool. The rest was some 70’s and 80 stuff, mostly trains. No technic at all, and there was a lot lacking. There should be more in a museum. I’m sure they can find people to show part of their collection. If they want my technic collection is available. Still it was a cool section.
  • The build your own minifig. We were lucky to be there early. It is also nice you can get something that you don’t have the pay way too much for.
  • Dirk Denoyelle, I liked his stuff. Not sure if it is art or if he is just a great builder but I liked it.
  • You never leave empty handed.

The bad:

• I basically didn’t care much for the whole setup. Each theme had his own section on the floor but it was all the same. The section were in the color of the theme, maybe a display and some supersized models. In each section there were some tables with bricks of that theme were you could build. The kids enjoyed the playing but I was hoping to see more models of that theme. Maybe even have a small museum per theme. It just feel that like they dumped a lot of bricks in certain areas, fence it off and give it the name of a theme.
  • When you need 10 air filled bounce castled to keep the kids entertained at a Lego event you may need to rethink a few thing. Okay some were really cool, but guess what I have this near where I live as well.
  • The shops, they weren’t just bad they were awful. I’m not talking about the toy store that was setup well. There were two places where you could buy bricks. The problem was it wasn’t sorted. There were about 10 buckets filled with all sorts of bricks. The buckets were too deep to really search for anything. The floor space was way too small which resulted in some pushing and shoving and frustrations. Off course it is Lego so it was expensive. Two years ago there were a lot of unofficial sellers, that was more fun. I guess the problem lies in the unofficial.
  • So some build were very approachable like the Formula 1 car at the Speed Champions section, the big London Bridge or the build by the artist Dirk Denoyelle. The problem was that the only security here was a sign, please do not touch. This is an event with a ton of kids, many of which can’t read. Other are too excited to read. If you only put up a small sign you are not allowed to touch it at this event, don’t be upset if kids start touching it. Sure we as parents have a job here as well, but guess what even the best parents in the world will not always be able to keep their kids fingers of the pretty lego bricks.

Feel free to disagree with me, but I truly feel that in the past two years LegoWorld lost a lot of its appeal.

I changed the title a bit, lot of international people here that might not know where Utrecht is ;). The AFOL movie about it was fun! I have been at LEGOWorld for many years but it is way too impractical if you work in education like me to pull it off (I only get one week, not the two weeks that LEGOWorld more or less demands).

Zwolle also had it's disadvantages but also a much better appeal I think. Alas due to incompetence of some people it is what it is today, LEGO wanted to make it more like the Skaerbaek event, I understand part of that, I mean showing only existing sets and not paying attention to details happened in Zwolle. On the other hand, now the builders are more or less left to the grace of the new organisation.

Do you really have the urge to post this twice STAT? Merged with the existing topic...

Do you really have the urge to post this twice STAT? Merged with the existing topic...

Not the urge, it takes to long to explain what happened. Although I don't really understand it myself, I messed up at some point. Didn't know I posted it twice.