Hello

The MELO goes in the second Round. And here is my entry to the given quote:

"Your quest runs on the edge of a knife, stray but a little, and it will fail."

I took the opportunity to try my hands on a iconic Lothlorien treehouse with the typical elvish architecture.

11985766875_a16b6c17d0_c.jpg

11986110414_8d99337615_c.jpg

More pictures of the scene on MOCpages

Jonas.

Such lovely elven architecture! Love the steps! It looks so elegant. :wub:

Wow, very nice! The elven architecture is spectacular! My only criticism would be the tree seems a little blocky, maybe the use of more slope pieces would help with that?

Hey guys, thank you very much everyone for the kind words! I'm glad you like it :)

Wow, very nice! The elven architecture is spectacular! My only criticism would be the tree seems a little blocky, maybe the use of more slope pieces would help with that?

Yes, the tree is a bit blocky.

But it was important for me to build a sturdy tree, that could hold the treehouse.

I had the opportunity to try it a bit naturally with slopes, but i decided for this artistic blocky and legolike (!) design.

In addition most of the people imply darkbley slopes with rock, so i had to difference my tree from the mainstream-rock.

Jonas

It's amazing how you've succeeded in recreating those slim lines. Bricks or plates would've totally destroyed the thin look, so I imagine you had a hard time putting everything together. But to what a result! The bits hanging from the platform have to be my favorite details.

I can understand why you've made the tree blocky, but still somerhing looks of to me. Maybe it is the foliage that grows on those way to thick trunks. Maybe splitting those into smaller, slimmer branches would be nice. If you'd put the foliage on those, I think it would already look more natural and in harmony with the architecture.

Please keep returning to Middle-Earth, as you builds are always really nice.

I can understand why you've made the tree blocky, but still somerhing looks of to me. Maybe it is the foliage that grows on those way to thick trunks. Maybe splitting those into smaller, slimmer branches would be nice. If you'd put the foliage on those, I think it would already look more natural and in harmony with the architecture.

I know it's suppose to look blocky because it's made from Lego bricks, but I think the hard edges and jutting squares just make it look a little off. It almost looks like a pixelated video game from the 80s, or like Minecraft.