Sign in to follow this  
BasOne

Space Marine Troop Carrier

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Even if LEGO doesn't make a Space Marine Set based on hjmediastudios (Nick Royer) designs, the 'universe' itself seems to have lot's of people designing sets and jumping for more.

Me included :tongue:

Nick is working on his own Dropship, but i guess it will be quite a bit smaller then mine.... it actually got a bit out of hand size wise, i had a smaller one in mind :laugh:

For your pleasure.. the Space Marine Troop Carrier.

Only armed with 2 small anti air turrets this behemoth is heavyly armoured enough to drop 26 Space Marines and a fighting vehicle into the fray.

LDDScreenShot25-1.png

LDDScreenShot26-1.png

Interior shot.

LDDScreenShot27-1.png

Interior from the rear.

LDDScreenShot29-1.png

Full frontal.

LDDScreenShot30-1.png

Side on.

LDDScreenShot31-1.png

From the rear.

LDDScreenShot32-1.png

Rear ramp opened, Assault buggy ready to go.

LDDScreenShot33-1.png

Front ramp lowered.

LDDScreenShot34-1.png

Hatch open, go go go.

LDDScreenShot35-1.png

You can run right through it.

LDDScreenShot25-2.png

Assault buggy.

LDDScreenShot26-2.png

LDDScreenShot27-2.png

Comments and crits allways welcome :grin:

And the LXF for people to play with http://www.brickshel...oop_carrier.lxf

Edited by Bob De Quatre

That is one massive and very impressive dropship! I really like the engines and how the back opens to deploy the buggy. Great job!

Woah... great thereport there! The plating, engines, size blow me away. I also like how you had the ramp and also the hatch. Great detail there.

That is awesome! I'd love to see it built in bricks. :wub: The shaping of the engines is impressive. I really like the slopes, not all smooth, but pulled off really well fr slope bricks. Stunning work right here! :thumbup:

Wow, that thing is large and in charge! I really like the interior. Clean build, I like that you have everything mapped out so good. The interface area towards the back and the troop area in the middle. Very nice. The loading ramps are integrated well in the ship. Any chance we'll be seeing this in real bricks? Not likely I know, given it's size, but it would be quite the sight to behold.

What a beast, it looks great! Can't wait to delve into the LDD file... Thanks for sharing it!

What a beast, it looks great! Can't wait to delve into the LDD file... Thanks for sharing it!

Thanks for the kind comments guys ^_^

And no problem vynsane, i like to share my LDD models, as long as no one takes credit for it :tongue:

More models in my brischshelf folder for those who want to browse, http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=453208 . (just saying :wink: )

@Legocrazy, in Real Bricks.... no way :laugh:

For one, i don't have the monies, and more importantly, they don't have all the bricks in the right colours.

Now i'm working on something completely different.... it's larger and groundbased :tongue:

Allthough i have a great idea for a vehicle dropship that can carry about a 100 Marines, MBT's, Scout vehicles.....

Just hope LLD doesn't give up on me :grin:

Edited by BasOne

Cool!

I like the beefiness of the whole ship.

And the little Assault buggy!

Though what does the big II mean?

And what's the big room for?

Seems to be prisons? but what else goes in there?

So much unused and potentially fun space!

Cool!

I like the beefiness of the whole ship.

And the little Assault buggy!

Though what does the big II mean?

And what's the big room for?

Seems to be prisons? but what else goes in there?

So much unused and potentially fun space!

Thanks.

The big II is the ships number.

Imagine a starcruiser with 20 of these, Marines would have to know what dropship they are assigned to.

The big room is the sensor and engine control room, i should have added a couple of chairs but i wanted it uncluttered with all kinds of things, in retrospect it could have been more detailed.

The big room is the sensor and engine control room, i should have added a couple of chairs but i wanted it uncluttered with all kinds of things, in retrospect it could have been more detailed.

Yeah, I could see that with some large computer consoles in the center of each side, or maybe one side could have a big 'war room' table...

There's so much to love in this. Like the ramp & hatch combination and the vehicle. :classic::thumbup:

Awesome addition to the space marines! (getting prepared for them becoming sets? :laugh:)

I like it, and to go out on a limb, I'll say that your next project is either a base or a giant cannon. Which are, for official LEGO anyway, pretty much the same thing :laugh:.

I like it, and to go out on a limb, I'll say that your next project is either a base or a giant cannon. Which are, for official LEGO anyway, pretty much the same thing :laugh:.

Yes and... yes...

It also has wheels :tongue:

Allthough i'm hitting the 13k brick mark allready so i may ditch this untill LDD will let me make 50k brick models :blush:

Edited by BasOne

I didn't say it wasn't a mobile base. Didn't know there was a brick limit on LDD.

I didn't say it wasn't a mobile base. Didn't know there was a brick limit on LDD.

There isn't, just what your PC can handle and what LDD can handle.

Above 10k bricks LDD tends to slow down, above 15k bricks, LDD starts to crash, above 20k bricks LDD is as slow as molasses on a cold day and as brittle as a rose dipped in liquid nitrogen.

My PC can handle up to and a little over 20k bricks, but most peoples PC's crash around the 10k brick mark.

LDD isn't made to handle that large amounts of bricks, i really wish they streamline the code so you can make mega models.

Since it was made for small models for everyday users and not for serious MOCcers, they never have and probably never will.

Since it was made for small models for everyday users and not for serious MOCcers, they never have and probably never will.

One can hope they will :laugh:

That is quite impressive! I'd hate to think of how much it would cost as an actual set! I mean, that small all-terrain armored vehicle/tank thingy would probably be at least $15 if it was a set by itself (I may just download the LDD file for the purpose of dissecting the small vehicle).