I don't want to sound naive, but can these large heavy types of models really move properly with that powered transmission? The only reason why I ask is that I have been playing with much smaller less complex transmission systems and they just don't seem to work well remotely powered. I am still new getting back into Lego though.

I don't want to sound naive, but can these large heavy types of models really move properly with that powered transmission? The only reason why I ask is that I have been playing with much smaller less complex transmission systems and they just don't seem to work well remotely powered. I am still new getting back into Lego though.

It may not be designed to move. For example, 8448 could be motorized but it was intended to have the rear wheel raised on "jacks". This allows you to run through the gears and watch the speed change, but does not actually have the power to drive. Personally, I found this adequate.

Looks promising. I'm fascinated by your gearbox. And yes, I know from experience that models these sizes can be made to move properly, just don't expect them to go very fast.

Looks promising. I'm fascinated by your gearbox. And yes, I know from experience that models these sizes can be made to move properly, just don't expect them to go very fast.

I just did some small modifications on the Sheepo´s sequential gearbox.

Edited by jorgeopesi

It looks so awesome. I started to think that, maybe I should stop building my SLS...

Great Job!

Sls is my favorite car, my first idea was to build it but its dual-clutch box and that it was rear wheel drive made ​​me choose the r8 for its more easy gearbox and that it was 4wd. Sls may be a future project, keep going with your mercedes, I can learn more from it, regards.

Edited by jorgeopesi

A video as proof, even without end and discharged batteries...

I must say, that is pretty freaking awesome... Quite amazing what you guys from Spain have been doing...

What you say is far and more coming from a great builder like you, I learned a lot with your gearbox and your cars. Sorry again for my googlenglish :cry_sad: .

A photo of my unfinished r8...

23803811.jpg

I hope to finish soon... and again sorry for mi googlenglish... :sceptic: .

Edited by jorgeopesi

A photo of my unfinished r8...

I hope to finish soon... and again sorry for mi googlenglish... :sceptic: .

Don't apologize for your English anymore! It's not that bad and we all understand what you are writing!

And besides, your building skills are VERY WELL compensating for it!! Your R8 is awesome! :thumbup: :thumbup:

You do have a problem however! Everybody will be asking for building instructions when it's finished hehe :wink::laugh:

Edited by Gekke Ted

Unfortunately my computer skills are worse than my English but there will be instructions with many pictures when I disassemble the car in two or three months. I've been posting photos and explaining the entire process for those who know Spanish in HispaLUG.

Unfortunately my computer skills are worse than my English but there will be instructions with many pictures when I disassemble the car in two or three months. I've been posting photos and explaining the entire process for those who know Spanish in HispaLUG.

Great!

Do you have a link to the HispaLUG topic?