Klaus-Dieter

The three City sets you'd like TLG to release

Hello everybody! :classic:

In the past TLG has been producing many different City and Town sets - the common Fire, Police, Construction Site and Emergency sets as well as civilian sets and outstanding exlusive sets.

There have been sets mainly for the audience of JFOLs, sets for JFOLs and AFOLs and even some exclusive sets mainly for AFOLs.

But TLG hasn't yet produced everything we want to have as a City set, has it?

So the question arises which three sets you'd like the most to see TLG releasing:

These can be sets which have been already released but which you missed,

these can be sets which have been already released but which you would like to get in a more modern design, with more or less buildings, minifigs, vehicles and accessory, etc.

and these can be sets which have been never released by TLG before.

So which are your three most demanded (ideas for) City sets TLG should release?

Comments are welcome! :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

So I begin:

My three favourite sets I'd very much like TLG prducing are

Mall/Shopping Center (100-150 Euros, S@H Exclusive)

similar to this my MOC:

legoland_einkaufszentrum.jpg

Pleasure Cruiser (100-200 Euro, S@H Exclusive)

like Queen Mary (which it shall at least include: bridge, two cabins, dining room/restaurant, swimming pool, eight minifigs and a lot of accessory)

queen_mary_2.jpg

Depot/Cargo Center (90-150 Euros, regular set or S@H Exclusive

similar to the awesome 6391 Cargo Center from 1984 - but with a bigger depot, more and more modern interior, bigger and more detailed vehicles and more accessory;

but at a pinch it may even be "only" a re-release

6391-02.jpg

Klaus-Dieter

Well, I'd like:

1.) A detailed tram, with joins in between the carriages and plenty of minifigs and accessories.

2.) A large tram station, with a ticket booth and cafe, plus a souvenier shop.

3.)A street with tram rails built-in, and another space for cars to drive.

Good topic :thumbup:

I would want:

1) A City harbour set with a gantry crane, a large ship made out of bricks and not a single piece like the latest harbour set, pilot boat to guide the ship in, tugboat, pier which is as solid as those from 1991, a container trailer that can carry 2 containers, 5 containers to play with, forklift etc. In other words, a set similar to Intercoastal Seaport from 1991

2) A petrol station with attached parking tower that has a working elevator, working car wash with 3 brushes (the latest Octan petrol station only has 2), a vacuum cleaner, gas pump with hose, tow truck, 3 cars where one of the car is a convertible, some trees and flowers, large Shell sign on the roof, shop filled with goodies, spare tires, tools, printed signs etc. Cue from Metro Park and Service Tower.

3) Warehouse set with working gantry crane, lots of containers (which can fit into the harbour set) forklift, container truck, supply office with a few workers and computers etc.

I'd say:

1) A bicycle and motorbike shop. An updated version of the set pcitured below, with the classic bicycle (it would be great to have some colors and not just red!), trikes (I don't like them that much, but if they are still around, why not?) and modern bikes like the CG promo and the new Indy bike.

tn_6373-1_jpg.jpg tn_5626-1_jpg.jpg tn_7196-1_jpg.jpg

2) A place where minifigs could eat, something like this:

tn_6683-1_jpg.jpg

3) A small house, like those that come out each year in the Creator theme, obviously including minifigs, just like it used to be:

tn_6372-1_jpg.jpg

All pics are link to Brickset pages.

And, please, no da*n exclusives. I want these sets available everywhere so I can choose to buy them where the price is lower.

1. A Lego Zoo- Elephants, Alligators, the new Camel and Ostriche, and new molded Rhinos, Hippos, Giraffes, Zebras, Lions and Tigers.

2. A Lego Veterenarian Office- Bring in your pets for a check up.Some Minifigs and Vet with cat, Dog, new molded Dog and Minifig size Rabbit and Turtle.

3. Lego Camp Ground- With Large Pine trees, newly molded brown bears and deer and raccons and foxes. Also throw in a cabin.

Edited by Oswald the Rabbit

1. A brick-built Monorail system, as I mentioned here;

2. Pleasure Cruiser, as mentioned by Klaus-Dieter (great idea :thumbup: );

3. A big Formula 1 circuit. If it will be expensive, maybe only with race bikes like MotoGP, and seperate sets with Formula 1, WTCC or DTM cars.

Edited by Richie

Record Store: maybe 40 dollars with a store, owner, customers, strereos/ turntables and cd/lp racks

Library: Maybe 100 dollars, in a CC-like format. Librarians and nerds :classic: . LOTS of books

Disco: a night club with a multicolored trans-tiled dance floor and disco ball. DJ, dancers, bouncer

Edited by samthelegoman1

Great topic! You have made some very good ones, I enjoy all of them :thumbup:

I would first like to see for the Trains catergory

1. Metroliner modern release version, similar to the old one, with PF and track and a track side structure

2. Monorail :wub:

3. Tram/trolley

For City

1. Civilian house sets with minifigs like Cobra mentioned

2. Postal office/ delivery man

3. vacation sets (like camper)

1) A Bar or a Fast Food local

2) A Post office

3) A taxi (maybe with a taxi stop)

Simple, nice, cheap and easy to sell. What are you waiting for TLG? :tongue:

A fast food joint

A proper hospital, maybe modular

More civilian cars and stuff, like pickup trucks, SUVs, minivans with sliding doors :classic:

Well, I'd like:

1.) A detailed tram, with joins in between the carriages and plenty of minifigs and accessories.

2.) A large tram station, with a ticket booth and cafe, plus a souvenier shop.

3.)A street with tram rails built-in, and another space for cars to drive.

Good topic :thumbup:

Thanks, AwesomeStar! :classic:

I don't want you to give up your hopes but I fear that road plates with trams driving on them wouldn't take place since these road plates would either have to be much bigger than the current ones or they would have to be taller in order to have the tracks inside the street.

Apart from that a tram would be a great idea! :thumbup:

Great topic! You have made some very good ones, I enjoy all of them :thumbup:

I would first like to see for the Trains catergory

Thanks, Macoco! :classic:

Wishes for trains are of course welcome, too, but please do only post three in total - maybe I'll open a topic of your favourite three Train sets in the Train Tech subforum. :wink:

Klaus-Dieter

Kids playground with school attached to it. Do not think it would sell well though.

Mall and motorndriven escalator included! Too expensive though.

A sophisitcated roundabout with a statue or something in the middle, and trees, grass etc.

Edited by Shompis

Thanks, Macoco! :classic:

Wishes for trains are of course welcome, too, but please do only post three in total - maybe I'll open a topic of your favourite three Train sets in the Train Tech subforum. :wink:

Sorry about that :blush:

So in this topic are trains considered under the City theme?

If that is a yes, then a monorail is my #1

:classic:

I would like to see:

1) an old-school diner complete w/ jukebox, alternating tiling, etc

2) an open-air large-scale market w/ all the works e.g. fish, vege, fruits etc

3) ... (ran out of ideas). :tongue:

1.)Shopping center as the author mentioned (great MOC by the way!).

2.) Bank

3.)Post office

Just some basic buildings that make a town possible, and not a new police station every other year! :sceptic:

A modulair zoo line with a lot of sets that could add eachother to a zoo (like the first harry potter sets) with Bears, Zebra's, Camels, Elephants etc

a shop, which sells something like flowers or bike's or a real bakery (croissants and cake) or a butcher (sausages, chickenlegs)

Something to eat, a restaurant (we now have the new pizzaria) or more like a little stand were you could eat something for fish or chips and Fish and Chips

Oh, a postoffice would also be nice

My wishes are quite simple since I'd like to have:

- a classic family car with a roof plus opening hood and trunk;

- a small flower/burger/newspaper/... shop (i.e. a kind of shelter on the sidewalk);

- a white bus with a stop, both more detailed than those of the Street Corner.

These sets would fit both modular buildings and City lines.

1) A Bar or a Fast Food local

2) A Post office

3) A taxi (maybe with a taxi stop)

Simple, nice, cheap and easy to sell. What are you waiting for TLG? :tongue:

I agree, Maybe LEGO should sign a deal with Coca-Cola again and produce some sets featuring buildings/fast food restaurants with coke vending machines, signs ect... :tongue:

So yeah a snackbar would be great. :sweet: Since it seems its always a pizzeria (not that its bad but what about something different?)

1. Snackbar

2. Convenience store

3. Cafe

Edited by Darth_Legois

Record Store: maybe 40 dollars with a store, owner, customers, strereos/ turntables and cd/lp racks

Library: Maybe 100 dollars, in a CC-like format. Librarians and nerds :classic: . LOTS of books

Disco: a night club with a multicolored trans-tiled dance floor and disco ball. DJ, dancers, bouncer

IMHO samthelegoman1's ideas and BlueBard's ideas listed above are what I'd like to see TLG produce. To add to that, I'd put in;

1) A decent hospital.

2) Some accessory sets i.e. a set like 8401 but with different minifigs and accessories, like a Stop sign, Keep Left, another park bench, etc, so you're not buying the same stuff over and over.

3) Repetitive sets like just the bus stop from 7641, or a simple taxi stand, or a phone booth and minifig, something that usually is repeated in a City.

1. concert hall

2. cafe or restaurant

3. photo studio

And that shopping center sounds cool too :thumbup:

Great Ideas everyone!

1. A proper Marina in the style of Sail 'n' Fly, not the joke they're releasing this summer possibly including a beach nearby.
  2. A School
  3. A Cargo Centre/Post/Parcel Office

Any ambassadors out there, can you send out ideas to TLG?

Love the idea of this and some of the ideas so far. Mine would be...

1)A cargo centre to tie in with both the cargo City sets already done and the cargo train sets.

2)A town hall.

3)Fast food restaurant.

Gee, waking up a topic from over a year and chunk ago ! :laugh:

Okay, 3 sets I would like to see......

To be different,

1. Hardware Store - some where for all those construction guy's(& girl's too) to buy their gear.

2. Car Dealership - with all those sports cars....I think there needs to be somewhere to sell them.

3. Hair Salon - yeah, I know....but one for the girl's.....but we could change it into a barber's shop eh ?

Brick On Everyone ! :grin:

I would like a

Post Office Decent size with Loading Dock for Trucks or Mail Vans with a large interior.

Car Dealership would be neat !

A Hospital Large with Three to Four Floors with Patient Rooms Operating Rooms A Emergency Room and other neat extras.