Sign in to follow this  
nine09nueve

Wanna see a Manticore? (MOC)

Hello beautiful Eurobrickers...

After having sat on my Griffin http://www.eurobrick...3 for the better part of a year (not literally, that would be really uncomfortable!) I thought I wasn't going to wait that long to show a Manticore build...

To be honest I'm surprised I haven't seen one before anywhere... with the Chima Lion and Eagle Legend beasts slotting together so perfectly for the Griffin I thought it would be in people's conciousness to build more of that ilk... *shrug*

Anyhow it was a simple little build but looks very dramatic on the battlefield... and it is has some studs behind it's head so it's minifig rideable - although I don't know who would be crazy enough to do that.

Enjoy and C&C as desired.

Much love

D

Edited by nine09nueve

I rarely like brickbuilt animals, but this is great! I like how you managed to combine the different colors of a hybrid figure into one. The poseability is awesome!

First Lego manticore I have ever seen!

Thanks everyone!

I rarely like brickbuilt animals, but this is great! I like how you managed to combine the different colors of a hybrid figure into one. The poseability is awesome! First Lego manticore I have ever seen!

I had to buy extra tan and dark brown pieces... The more I played with the colours and shading... The less I liked the light bleys from the Eagle/Lion legend elements... But the black from the dragon wing and the spiked tail seemed to just fit... Which was nice!

Much love

D

I'm with Wardancer in preferring moulded creatures, but your manticore is still really cool! Great MOC!

You know me too... I kinda hate most built when there is a moulded one available - how can you beat the beautiful wargs for example?

But when I first saw the legend beasts in their boxes and after putting them together to make the griffin... I just thought a manticore must be easy enough since it's just all lion - and it just worked (IMHO)

That is one amazing beast! I can't wait to see what comes next, Cerberus perhaps?

You know what - I've been wondering about that for a while - I think you just inspired me with the how! (It won't be for a while though - I have probably spent too much this year... And I haven't bought anything in February!!) Time to crack open The LDD again.

Awwww dancer - the elements on show are great but the trouble is that I'm no good with those big bits... Can't seem to get my hear around them : (

This MOC made me look up stuff about manticores. There seems to a trashy movie from 2005 in which a manticore in Irak fights against soldiers. It would be fun to watch.

Cool creation! You showed us that the dragons wings could be helpful for many MOCs. Congrats!

This MOC made me look up stuff about manticores. There seems to a trashy movie from 2005 in which a manticore in Irak fights against soldiers. It would be fun to watch.

Heh - well let me know if it's any good... (i'm thinking not but I'm rooting for you buddy in any case!)

Cool creation! You showed us that the dragons wings could be helpful for many MOCs. Congrats!

Yup - tried 3 other wing options - bat wings were my first choice but didn't look right... also tried 3 different colours of dragon wing but the black/dark red were the best fit!