ghostmind

2015 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Makes me wonder if sets like these are actually being bought for their little children, or if it's closer to being a closet AFOL kit.

Having worked at Toys R Us... People are actually buying their children and nieces and nephews these sets. It's disgusting how spoiled children are. I have seen grown ups have fits over not having big sets. I remember one guy wanting a Death Star about three days before Christmas and being REALLY mad that we didn't have it. (Only the Time Square TRU carried it.)

BTW - Love your MOCs!

^Thanks! Hoping to get an update on my town soon :grin:

Anyways, I suppose I shouldn't talk since I did get juggernauts like the 6597 when I was a kid, but then my parents actually wanted to build the darned thing with me :grin: Good chance those parents buying big sets "for their kids" are AFOL's too

That piano in the Grand Hotel is pretty awesome. Why can't they build cool things like that for Lego city? Why do they think boys only care about police sets and motor vehicles? I would have loved to have a boy version of this hotel when I was a kid.

That piano in the Grand Hotel is pretty awesome. Why can't they build cool things like that for Lego city? Why do they think boys only care about police sets and motor vehicles? I would have loved to have a boy version of this hotel when I was a kid.

Because most of them do. That how world works. Sadly.

Because Lego sets are not just for boys or just for girls. They built the Lego piano in Lego Friends and expect anyone who wants to build it to buy the hotel.

There is a Juniors Supermarket Suitcase

Could that be where people thought a grocery store was coming? Hearing about that?

At was at the time of the London Toy Fair........this line was is from thebrickblogger.com site......

• #41108 LEGO Friends Grocery Store – £34.99

Well, there's your answer. If you're looking for "boy versions" you're quickly gonna end up with police and firefighters, because apparently the majority of small boys prefer those over a hotel (cool stories and play features etc etc etc). It's still a toy and apparently this sells.

When I was a kid I also wanted a hotel resort for my lego city… and my parents got me one. It wasn't a city/town set, but it had cool new colors, interesting parts, a sweet convertible and cool minifigs (especially some female figs! huzza!). It was this one:

lego-paradisa-300x214.jpg

Paradisa was one of my fave themes, because it gave some more variety to my city. It had some fairground stuff (which was very handy for my own traveling fair I was making), beach stuff, a ranch, a cafe, and much more!

We're in a golden age of Lego at the moment; we have City sets with loads of different kinds of police and firefighters (finally! forest, swamp, etc. Great!), some space, construction, destruction, trains, airport, town squares and more. And we have complementing themes nowadays! With Creator with its houses and shops, Creator Expert with its modulars, and Friends with all of their town amenities! So there is no need for TLG to make a City Hotel; you could have bought the modular (CC), or you can buy the Friends one. And maybe later Creator wil have a little B&B, or maybe City will eventually get a beach resort for overworked police officers.

As long as people stop focussing on just one theme (or on old-fashioned sexist notions for that matter) their Lego-experience will be much richer and more creative.

If it weren't for the extra girl in the Pop Star corner image, I have a feeling that "Livi" might be Olivia's stage name- the two don't appear in any sets together, and the Recording Studio just comes with Olivia, not Livi- which would make sense if they're the same person, no need to get all dolled up for a private recording session.

I also thought about this. Then I noticed they are both included in group picture on the box...

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Well I know it's a very late reply, but I kinda think your statement is vague. To me, this Grand Hotel is not very colorful and is neutral enough to be put in most of Town-related MOCs. Of course, if neglect the color palette thing, most Heartlake buildings should work for LEGO City simultaneously.

Creator have been doing most of the jobs LEGO City don't do these years, so the complaints are getting fewer. Perhaps one day we could see another non-Modular version of resort there.

As long as people stop focussing on just one theme (or on old-fashioned sexist notions for that matter) their Lego-experience will be much richer and more creative.

Very well said. As an AFOL and as the father of both a daughter and a son, I've been learning this more and more (and I have to say, the Friends ice cream bike fits in perfectly with my modular buildings).

Ok guys I saw the Grocery store preliminary. Imagine tan version of Summer house with vegetable shop on the 0 floor and outside fruit-stand and a room on the second floor. At least this is what it looked like.There was cat and blue scooter (same as in Mia's lemond stand). I really liked it. Figs included: Mia and Maya.

That's great news! I haven't been able to find out anything about the grocery store since it was first mentioned during the London Toy Fair, and I have been quite anxious to know more about it. This set must be a store exclusive, like last the news van and the horse show from last year. Thanks for the description! Now I would like to see the official images! :)

Thank you very much for this news, Lordofdragonss! :classic:

This is indeed great news since a stand-alone shop being two floors big would be the first time to be seen in the Friends theme!

Btw: What do you mean with "summer house"? I couldn't find a set with this name. Can you refer to a set number, please?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Thanks for the link to the pic! It looks really cute and quite different than the other stores we have had in Heartlake City.

I have noticed these exclusive sets never seem to have exclusive mini-doll parts, but oh well. I love the look of the set anyway, and I can't wait to get it!

I see the ice cream cone part in pink for the bouquet!

Okay, so that grocery store was not what I expected.......it has that creator feel instead that city feel to it....but I like it, might twist my own arm and buy it for the wife. :laugh: (she works in a supermarket :laugh: )

Note the colours of the shop are the same as the juniors pink suitcase supermarket. :wink:

Thank you very much for the link to the picture of the grocery store, Soupperson1! :classic:

I have to admit that I'm really disappointed by this set! :hmpf_bad:

In principle this would make a great set and that it's two floors big is even better. But which disturbs really too much and is too out of place is that massive overload of pink and purple - not only the roof, but even the blinds and the shelves and the scales inside are pink - so that you get eye's cancer!

Klaus-Dieter

Well, 'Klaus' I would take the basic design and re-colour it plus improve on the idea too.

Then it will fit in almost any city layout, as too the Junior's supermarket pimped up as well. (which gives me an idea :grin: )

The Friend's Grocery Store is the "Creator" set of the Autumn. Because the toy shop and grocery of this spring is not great, and unless there is a non revealed Creator set for the Autumn, we are not going to have this year something like the last year's bike shop and cafe.

Will put here for easy viewing:

41108.jpg

First thought? "Good set!" It seems to be a nice play set for kids, loads of play value! Scooter, shop, home, outside market, loads to do!

The lower floor looks very nice! Very pretty design… but the upper floor…. woof

It seems very… splotchy to me

WEWVQYy.jpg

Why are there random splotches of purple everywhere???

Why are there bits of tan in the roof???

Why is the line of medium dark flesh abruptly interrupted by a tan piece???

Will I buy this set? Meh… don't think so… I'm already swimming in all those food stuffs, and the rest of the parts aren't that interesting. I was seriously hoping for some Kwik-e-Mart stuff in here (like donuts, the can tops, chocolate milk), so I'm a bit disappointed.

I might scout those stickers on BrickLink though, they look very nice.

Seeing the detailed pics, the upper row of profiled bricks is a mess with a flat brown 1x1 brick in the middle on the left part and on the right an 1x1 flat brick in the right corner and a half hidden profiled brick on the left.

I hope that what we see is a preliminary pic and some design mistake will be fixed.

Edited by El Garfio

Is it the fact that either Friend's or Creator will follow each other ?

Just an observation of mine, it seems that Junior follows either city for boys and friend's for girls.......now since there is grocery shop with a second floor in creator and a friend's one similar in in idea (not the family houses in creator and friend's)......a link ?

Or is it just my brick-madness ? :laugh: