just2good

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 13 Rumours and Discussion

His name is Würstchenverkäufer. Verkäufer means vendor.

So he would be the guy who sells Hot Dogs, not a costumed guy

Imp?

Well, it appears in the original list as a "Kobold".

A Kobold is a creature on its own (from Germanic mythology), but I thought he is what we know as a Goblin

Can someone confirm this?

As a huge fantasy player and user, there are BIG differences between imp, kobold and goblin.

9r6l91.jpg

From left to right: a Goblin, a Kobold, an Imp.

As you see they are totally different creatures.

His name is Würstchenverkäufer. Verkäufer means vendor.

So he would be the guy who sells Hot Dogs, not a costumed guy

Now you're right. It's a service person. CMF Series should only had 1 animal costume person each series.

I don't know about the Galaxy Trooper and the Alien Trooper.

So looking at tragic banjos new avatar, I guess we are to assume that the hot dog guy is actually a costume of a hot dog...intriguing!

Kobold? Can it be? I was just holding my copy of Magic Kingdom for Sale: Sold! That would be really obscure, but I would be very happy to have a Landover Kobold. Oh, now I have to try and create the characters in Lego. Abernathy is one that will have to wait until a Yorkie costume, or at least the head, is in Lego.

Did anyone already mention we will be able to put a horsehead in our minifigures' beds? Legomobsterstyle.

I just realized...Samurai could be a woman!

samurai_x.png

Sorry, that's abit too late. :grin: As said, even though TLG could come up with some gender change like Lady Cyclops, the historical characters are closer to real history so we're not really allowed to see gender swap in these cases. Instead we can only find out other titles specifically for women, like Geisha. Samurai and Egyptian Warrior are unlikely in the gender guessing list.

Oh by the way, all changes of character names from the original website are cancelled?

Edited by Dorayaki

I just realized...Samurai could be a woman!

Fingers crossed, I loved the Dino Tracker and Battle Goddess!

I hope that the Samurai carries the original helmet from the 90's, instead of the updated one with mask. I find the mask to stick out quite a bit.

I'll be honest, this series sounds like one of the best series yet!

Is the Hot Dog Guy is a vendor who sells hotdog in the streets or a guy in Hot Dog Costume??? It's kind of confusing to me.

I hope is a vendor or a service person since we had a S6 Butcher, TLM (Not the CMF The LEGO Move Series, but the one from the sets) Ice Cream Mike and Kebab Bob and a S12 Pizza Delivery Guy.

Could be a hot dog vendor one associates with American stadiums, ie, a guy with a tray (as a body accessory) in front of him holding hot dogs, if so, I guess the tray could be used in a future series for a theatre usher to hold tiny overpriced portions of ice cream.

Could be a hot dog vendor one associates with American stadiums, ie, a guy with a tray (as a body accessory) in front of him holding hot dogs, if so, I guess the tray could be used in a future series for a theatre usher to hold tiny overpriced portions of ice cream.

That's actually probable. Lego already did a street cart hotdog vendor as set for free with $75 purchase. I have it somewhere. It came with a nice light blue bicycle.

As a huge fantasy player and user, there are BIG differences between imp, kobold and goblin.

9r6l91.jpg

From left to right: a Goblin, a Kobold, an Imp.

As you see they are totally different creatures.

That's more of a D&D and derivative fantasy distinction than a traditional folkloric one. In German folklore, a kobold encompasses a range of vaguely morphologically similar mythical creatures. If you look up "Kobold" in a German to English dictionary, it will list the possible translations as something like leprechaun, goblin, imp and gnome.

My guess is that the S13 minifigure will re-use the Holiday Elf's hat/ears but in different colours and with some kind of weapon. It's very unlikely that it would look like the D&D kobold. For one thing, that would require a new mould. For another, D&D is owned by Hasbro which also owns Kre-o. I doubt that TLG would create a minifigure that resembled a creature associated with a game belonging to a competitor. I just don't see that happening.

Did I miss it or did we already discuss how the minifig next to the snake charmer might be the paleontologist? Even if that is the case, I don't see anything exciting about him from this snippet.

Maybe we are getting the Goblin and Sheriff from the Alexandre Boudon designs:

15721425265_828a32e090_o.png15536584650_b06385b660_o.png

The Carpenter being Gepetto would be AWESOME!

Ummm... I think at this point everything I know about upcoming releases has already been revealed. Oh, except for the hot dog guy. There's a reason I changed my avatar.

Really???? That would be one of best CFM ever!

Edited by Robert8

That's actually probable. Lego already did a street cart hotdog vendor as set for free with $75 purchase. I have it somewhere. It came with a nice light blue bicycle.

If tragic banjo does indeed have some inside info, and I have no reason not to believe him, then the hot dog vendor will be a guy in a hot dog consume, which I think would be awesome!

Ummm... I think at this point everything I know about upcoming releases has already been revealed. Oh, except for the hot dog guy. There's a reason I changed my avatar.

Galaxy trooper: sounds good, I'll take another sci fi minifigure

Alien trooper: this should be better than the alien avenger

Evil wizard: we've seen a picture of him already, don't know who put it here but he pretty much uses the same pieces as the good wizard, overall looks great

King: i hope for a younger king or at least a new helmet mold for him

Goblin: hope it goes well with the mordor orcs and I think it will be the olive green color for the skin

Lady Cyclops: don't know what to expect about this one, could be cool though

Snake charmer: he looks great, i love the new snake mold

Paleontologist: it has to be a female but I could be wrong

Carpenter: I'll have to see pictures for this one

Hot dog guy: if its a hot dog guy costume that well be interesting but it could be a hot dog vendor, I'll get him for sure

Sheriff: sounds cool

Samurai: i assume the enemy of the dark red samurai from series 3

Disco diva: sounds really awesome

Unicorn girl: we've already seen her, i want to see a better picture of her tail

Fencer: i can't wait to see this one, it will be really cool

Egyptian warrior: this is one I'm really looking forward to

If tragic banjo does indeed have some inside info, and I have no reason not to believe him, then the hot dog vendor will be a guy in a hot dog consume, which I think would be awesome!

How could be works as a hot dog vendor if he's wearing a hot dog costume? There's a difference between a vendor and a costumed person. A hot dog vendor is a service person who sells hot dog at the streets or everywhere, but in proper clothing like other food service people do while if its a guy in Hot Dog Costume, he's just a roadside character that entertains guests and customers around.

Galaxy trooper: sounds good, I'll take another sci fi minifigure

Alien trooper: this should be better than the alien avenger

Evil wizard: we've seen a picture of him already, don't know who put it here but he pretty much uses the same pieces as the good wizard, overall looks great

King: i hope for a younger king or at least a new helmet mold for him

Goblin: hope it goes well with the mordor orcs and I think it will be the olive green color for the skin

Lady Cyclops: don't know what to expect about this one, could be cool though

Snake charmer: he looks great, i love the new snake mold

Paleontologist: it has to be a female but I could be wrong

Carpenter: I'll have to see pictures for this one

Hot dog guy: if its a hot dog guy costume that well be interesting but it could be a hot dog vendor, I'll get him for sure

Sheriff: sounds cool

Samurai: i assume the enemy of the dark red samurai from series 3

Disco diva: sounds really awesome

Unicorn girl: we've already seen her, i want to see a better picture of her tail

Fencer: i can't wait to see this one, it will be really cool

Egyptian warrior: this is one I'm really looking forward to

Yeah! Definitely a Paleontologist is supposed to be male since we had a S12 Female Dino Hunter. However, will the Disco Diva should be in classic yellow skin??

Edited by legofanatic12

I few people have complained about repeats of ideas used in previous series, but I don't think that's fair. The primary target audience for these figures are children, and every year lots of new children become old enough to start collecting Lego. It wouldn't be fair if a kid was really into ninjas, but Lego never released another Ninja figure because they'd already done that in series 1.

The CMF series is always going to be a mix of ideas that pop up over and over again (knights, spacemen, cowboys) and utterly unique ideas that will never be seen again (Demolition Dummy, Lady Liberty).

Looking back through them, it's actually amazing how few of them are so unique that no variation of them is likely to be repeated again.

I would love a masked kendo figure for the "Samurai" - but I'm assuming with a fencer already in this series that probably won't happen.

How could be works as a hot dog vendor if he's wearing a hot dog costume? There's a difference between a vendor and a costumed person.

Have in mind, they probably received the list in english and made a translation.

This is how the list appears in the site:

Galaxy Trooper

Alien Trooper

Bösen Hexenmeister

Klassischen König

Kobold

Schlangenbeschwörer

Lady Cyclops

Paläontologen

Zimmermann

Würstchenverkäufer

Sheriff

Samurai

Disco-Diva

Fechter

Einhorn-Mädchen sowie

Ägyptischen Krieger

Some of them are already in english, so we are sure with those.

The others were translated, so there could be differences. There is minimal chance the "Hot Dog Guy" is actually a costumed guy.

Besides, they don't have pictures of the the minifigures, because they used a masculine indefinite article for 13 of them, although we know there are 11 male minifigures.