CM4Sci

2015 Speed Champions Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I wrote a "review"/analysis of the sets through my opinions of them. Maybe it'll be a fun read for you guys: http://en.brickimedi...es_and_Analysis

Great analysis! You really put a lot of time and effort into it. :classic:

I will be using this in the future for reference!

Edited by just2good

Yes, there is a motherfucking Vespa in that set.

Hilarious! I just sprayed coffee all over the monitor. Thanks for that.

The sets themselves aren't really endearing themselves to me, but I'm rather interested in some of these new parts; especially the new 2x6 (?) plates with the 2M radius curves on one side. Maybe if can can hold my excitement long enough, we'll eventually see some 2x3 or (even better) 2x2 equivalents. I spotted some other nice things too:

• 75899: 11458 in red! I believe this one is totally new.
  • 75908: 11458 and 99780 in white! At least six of the latter! These seem to be available only in Marina Bay Sands and the Ecto-1 right now.

Of course, those wheel arches, hubs and windscreens are pretty nice, but might be too small to sate my 8-wide vehicle needs. I can understand the need to go 6-wide for compatibility with CITY sets, plus, 8-wide looks too hulking big for minifigs. Those windscreens might be suitable for larger cars with single-seater cockpits (like Group C racers), though.

Edited by Gnac

My #1 wish would be a Lamborghini convertible, maybe an aventador or gallardo. Has to be yellow though.

Next wish (but wont happen due to the real car being discontinued soon and due to most people never having heard of it) would be a HSV Maloo Ute.

Also, a Tesla Roadster would be epic.

As would any of a number of cool-looking cars from the Lotus workshops.

HSV Maloo Ute.

are you an Aussie? or just well versed in auto's world wide (as I am) cause those are the only reasons anyone ever hears about the HSV Ute. shame they didn't make one for the States, cause I'd love to have one. Edited by GallardoLU

Great analysis! You really put a lot of time and effort into it. :classic:

I will be using this in the future for reference!

Since people seem to like it, I'll definitely do analyses for future waves of this theme. :)

Apologies for creating a seperate thread, didn't check this sub-forum! Oops.

Anyway, liking these. The little details on them are particularly neat. Will definitely be picking some up.

Missed having a car/racers theme recently, so I hope this becomes a regular one. Lots of potential for expansion with production cars and racers, although I guess it'll all depend on licensing. As they've already got Porsche though, I hope to see a 919 Hybrid soon, at least. :laugh:

Edited by SpitfirePilot

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'm not very excited about these sets. They are certainly some of the best cars Lego has produced to date, it's just not my cup of tea. However, if this theme keeps going and they do muscle cars such as a Mustang, I just might change my mind. :wink:

Thanks for the pics.

are you an Ausi? or just well versed in auto's world wide (as I am) cause those are the only reasons anyone ever hears about the HSV Ute. shame they didn't make one for the States, cause I'd love to have one.

Yes I am an Aussie and a LEGO Ute is something I wish they would make (in fact, I need to take some photos of my LEGO Ideas project which includes a Ute as part of the idea :)

The more I look at the McLaren Mercedes pitstop the more I dislike it. I don't like the idea of the chrome stickers on the car, it makes it look weird and kind of fragmented. The structure also reminds me of those awful Mclaren Megablocks sets from a few years ago. (Only better quality bricks)

I really like these sets, especially the Ferrari F14 race truck. I do hope the other cars come with stickers instead of printing, as there are some fantastic pieces in all those sets. :laugh:

These are neat, but do Muscle cars next, LEGO!

I really like these sets, especially the Ferrari F14 race truck. I do hope the other cars come with stickers instead of printing, as there are some fantastic pieces in all those sets. :laugh:

These are neat, but do Muscle cars next, LEGO!

The white 911 RSR looks like it's got printed pieces.

The white 911 RSR looks like it's got printed pieces.

I think they're stickers also. It's hard to tell since we don't have pictures in ultra HD sizes yet though.

I think they're stickers also. It's hard to tell since we don't have pictures in ultra HD sizes yet though.

The white one is 2014-spec 991 RSR, and it's livery (when viewed from top, says: "PORSChe INTELLigent PERFOrmance") will be too much work for stickers... but printing the livery will make the parts too "specialized".

If that livery is stickered, though, hold on to your hearts.

Also, amazingly there hasn't been boxes for this theme.

Our wish would be stickers on clear not the colour of the car body work from that particular set.

If it was clear with printing on it, you could build similars in different colours.

Also, amazingly there hasn't been boxes for this theme.

Yeah, that's kind of weird that j2g didn't get that for this theme but has for basically everything else. The closest we've gotten is the retailer's catalogue which just has a placeholder box with the theme's logo on it...

Yeah, that's kind of weird that j2g didn't get that for this theme but has for basically everything else. The closest we've gotten is the retailer's catalogue which just has a placeholder box with the theme's logo on it...

Yeah, I don't think the boxes were finalized, so they didn't have 'em. :look:

I know the Elves stuff I have has preliminary stamps on the boxes.

I shall wait in my cave, building with what I have, as long as my stick still cooperates (needs a change every 6 months like my motor oil), until the Speed Champions sneak peek site shows up at TLG's website.

I didn't see these till just now, but Wow. These are really good. Not into the big sets but the single cars are must-buys. Those are $20 a piece, right?

We don't have official USD prices yet but converting the rumoured NZD prices, they'll probably be approximately $20 USD.

Does anyone else find it ironic that when these sets are released, McLaren will no longer be partners with Mercedes? They're switching to Honda power next year.

Otherwise, these sets look pretty great overall. There are some accuracy issues, but I think LEGO has done a pretty good job at designing these sets.

Does anyone else find it ironic that when these sets are released, McLaren will no longer be partners with Mercedes? They're switching to Honda power next year.

No. At least not me. As far as I know McLaren F1 is just McLaren F1, regardless of who powers them. Hell, McLaren can have a choice to make their own engines when their contract with Honda expires.

But since they're with Honda again, all I'm waiting now is a new, well-known, non-tobacco company with red and white as main colors.

Now, who wants Red Bull and Mercedes for Series 2?

Now, who wants Red Bull and Mercedes for Series 2?

That'd be cool. :classic: If LEGO could get licenses with Red Bull in any way whatsoever I can imagine a lot of cool promotional sets that could happen as a result...