hello, since a bit of time i decided to rebuilt some lego's, but i do not wanted to scrap my other rides;-)

so i bought a 42029, because i think it is a fantastic truck to begin with:-)

started from a stock 42029, i changed the length of the bed, put in a proper v8, rebuild front and rear fenders, put big 8110 wheels on it, make it rc.

other things like a exhaust in the rear, the top ones still standing, it is powered by 2 l motors and the servo motor.

next is the lenghtening of the cabin;-)

here are some pics

2014_08_14_13_36_49.jpg

2014_08_14_13_37_02.jpg

2014_08_14_13_37_15.jpg

2014_08_14_13_37_28.jpg

2014_08_14_13_37_41.jpg

2014_08_14_13_37_49.jpg

2014_08_14_13_37_57.jpg

2014_08_14_13_38_00.jpg

2014_08_14_13_38_08.jpg

enjoy and comment;-)

Outstanding! love it| I think so far the unimog wheels ( and balck rims!!!) are the best combo for this truck!! I'll follow you dude!!!

thanks!

next on the list is the lenghtening of the cabin and reinforcing the frame, there is waay to much flex in the frame

Job well done! Like it with longer bed and the v8. you must renforce the chassis cause as you said it flex in the middle a lot. Unimog wheels are so good! I would like to do a full black version....

Nice modification. I bought 42029 and love it. Anyone else bought 42029? Would love to see more modifications of 42029 and the rest.

H :thumbup:

I built 42029 last night. I quite like it and it is much larger than I expected. It is very sturdy and can survive a toss across the room. I was very happy about the parts they included such as the red 5x11 panels and the suspension arms. This will really help the aftermarket situation. My only complaint is that there are no #3 red angle connectors and there should be! The front bumper has #3 connectors in light gray. You might think this was to keep the number of elements down because gray was needed elsewhere in the model, but no, these are the only #3 connectors. They are right next to red #5 connectors and look totally out of place in gray. Sigh. I still like it.

Those connectors should have been red indeed, but i made a sort of bull bar and costom grille as an update. I also gave the pickup a dual shock absorber per wheel because i found it to soft. It has now 8 yellow shocks;-)

Nice modifications. I have a few ideas for this set once i get my hands on it next month.