Darthluke824

2015 LEGO Trains?

As much as I'd like to see a German steam engine (just check my Flickr stream ;- ) there's another pattern that has been overlooked in this thread sofar: European (EN) - American (Maersk) - European (HE) - American?

Having said that though, we have had American steam in the form of Toy Story and Lone Ranger and the current City freight train is an American diesel.

Bottom line: it's hard to predict what it's going to be....

I like all the trains and the excitement of waiting to see what's next. Although new to Lego trains, it seems to me that waiting for the next release will be my Christmas Eve for many years to come. I hope it's something new we haven't seen, and something we least expect. Whether we like it or not, new and different is always fun.

I'm hoping American steam or diesel. I will be happy either way. Always been a toy store/section lurker and my Transformer habit never went away, just sat below the surface. Lego I do for my son and the fact that we both like trains. Kills me seeing the Santa Fe, BNSF and Maersk stuff going for so much money when I literally held them all in my hands at one point or another perusing the toy aisles.

That being said, my boy turned 4 in March and I would love to get him some more USA style engines for him to play with and for me to endlessly rebuild.

We have the cargo and passenger train, 3 HE's(I need a complete train too lol), extra Lego track, ton of Enlighten track, couple bulk Lego train purchases and one massive bulk lot Lego purchase. I have to stretch the almighty dollar as far as it can go, so sales and specials are the norm, double the retail price is not.

I fully expect the next "special" train (like the HE, Maresk, or Emerald) to be the BTTF train/time machine as it got its 10k on CUUSOO some time ago. Its not really my cup of tea, I (like many others who have posted) would prefer to see an A4, but I would probably buy one none the less.

I have not got much experience in LEGO trains but may I suggest something based on the Orient Express in LEGO? Sorry if a set has already been made with this in mind.

I would like to see something along the lines of the Hobby Train as well. Lots of build options, and with more color as well.

Yes, Hobby Train V2 please! I wouldn't even mind if they brought the original Hobby Train back instead of a new train as I couldn't get it when it was available.

If it's going to be a new train then I hope it'll be something along the lines of the Aerotrain, Trans Europ Express or Koploper.

Alternatively it'd be nice if they pick something nice from a more Eastern country like Russia, China, India, Australia or Japan.

Edited by DasMatze

I fully expect the next "special" train (like the HE, Maresk, or Emerald) to be the BTTF train/time machine as it got its 10k on CUUSOO some time ago. Its not really my cup of tea, I (like many others who have posted) would prefer to see an A4, but I would probably buy one none the less.

That would be nice. :)

Wait! Everybody is talking about engines but what about the carriages? Freight or passenger train?

Being european I would love to see some iconic trains. I bet they will make tons of euros if they would make some Orient Express (for me this is THE train) carriages with a nice steam engine. Otherwise I would love to see the Trans Europe Express.

I think everyone can agree the 3rd re-run of the metroliner, maybe even revamped to use newer parts. There is enough room in the drive unit for PF parts I believe!

Metroliners arent *that* expensive to geth old of, and I'd rather something new and different come out over something that already exists but is now a little better and a little cheaper. Also, far too simple for a Creator set.

A rererelease of the metro liner would be seriously disappointing. It was a nice set in its day but set design has moved on.

I'm not sure the BttF train will make it as an Ideas set (it's nowhere near as iconic as the DeLorean) and it certainly won't be the next Creator Expert set; Creator and licensing don't go together.

European (EN) - American (Maersk) - European (HE) - American?

European steam passenger (EN) - American diesel freight (Maersk) - European electric passenger (HE) - so, yes, following the pattern I'd say it might be an American freight train pulled by a steam locomotive. :classic:

Just speculating: after that: European diesel passenger (TEE) - American electric freight (GG1) - and then we're back at European steam passenger. But following this pattern an European freight train or American passenger train will never happen, so they might break with that.

I would be happy with any steam train as long as like the recent Creator ones they are at least roughly based around a real engine. I'd prefer a shunter and matbe they could come out with some sort of micro motor just for it? Perhaps on a twin axle set up like the existing train motor but withoutthe central pin. That way it would be much easier to do with all the other PF stuff. It would be good if they could do one with lots of pulling power but a low top speed, still keeping the 7 speed variables but all at varous low speeds, much more shunty f you get my meanng!

If there's going to be another creator expert train-set, I would love to se it represent something iconic - something that most train enthusiasts would know about. Such a product would ultimately have a far wider reach compared to a niche product representing, say, a swedish Rm3, as much I would love to get one. Possible iconic trains/locomotives could be the Santa Fe, a swiss crocodile engine, or (just to break up the "pattern" :wink:) possibly even a Shinkansen bullet-train (you know, the first one).

But seriosly, a hobby train V2 would also be very welcome.

It's October. Skaerbaek, Steam and BrickCon are behind us and no Creator Expert train has been announced. Anyone else getting worried?

I am concerned, usually by now we have some picture (at least with a confidential tag on it). Hopefully it's either very well hidden, or something better like 9v trains(I know iit's not going to happen).

Hopefully they will release something soon

It's a shame they don't make additional carriage sets for sets such as the Emerald Night or the Horizon Express. Have to get that stuff from BL or order the necessary parts to make them. That's what I liked about the 4511 set. It had the 10157 and 10158 supplementary sets to develop your train.

Bottom line is - trains were better back in the 9V days...

@Edit And what's worse, I think the trains themselves just kind of deteriorated. I would love to see more sets like the Santa Fe Super Chief, the BNSF GP-38, you know, like model sets that represent actual trains. You can argue that "Oh well you've had the Maersk, the Emerald Night is pretty much the Flying Scotsman, and the 60051 is practically the ICE train". I can only accept Maersk in this sort of arugment. The rest, although based on a given train, is not an actual model of that train. :(

Edited by snowvictim

Hoping for a USA steamer, but I doubt it.

Would be happy for a real USA diesel as well, since I missed out on all the others and I won't pay the ridiculous price people are asking for them. The boy and I would enjoy more stuff like we see on a daily basis to play with.

I am not worried yet. My wallet is still recovering from HE and other trains the past year.

As long as the next wave of trains has double-wide trans-blue panels as windows, I'll be happy.

Well, the Maersk Train didn't get announced until January 2011, so I feel like we have some time before we have to worry.