CorneliusMurdock

Marvel Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussion

I guess if you sell the Hulk Big Fig in Late 2017 you could get around $20 or $25 for it.

But then again if we get Infinity War sets in 2018 he'll be in those.

When did Avengers sets start disappearing, late 2013? There should be a reasonable gap for sales. Besides, Infinity War will probably have a different Hulk design, meaning some people may still want this one.

Nah, you're of course entitled to your opinion and I shouldn't mock it. I just think that it doesn't have much going for it, yes Cap is in the Quinjet but that has several other exclusive figures too so I imagine most will consider it anyway. The models themselves aren't great from what we can see, Hulk is in the cheaper Hulkbuster, so the only real strong points of the set are Quicksilver and Von Strucker. For the price, I don't think it's much to shout about.

The thing that bothers me about this set is that there's so much better for the price point. It's the same price as the Tower which is a better model, and for a few dollars more you can get the more playable Quinjet with better figures. The only thing that keeps the set from being lackluster is QS. :sceptic:

I'm guessing USD is $49.99. If it does turn out to be $59.99, that would be really odd, as if I'm not mistaken, the Avengers Tower set is also $59.99, and two of the same priced sets in a single wave seems a bit off.

This would be my guess as well. That makes pretty much each set at $10 intervals, with Iron Man v. Ultron starting at $12.99

When did Avengers sets start disappearing, late 2013? There should be a reasonable gap for sales. Besides, Infinity War will probably have a different Hulk design, meaning some people may still want this one.

Well Avengers came out in 2012 so the sets came out in april 2012 I believe

Wait, you said disappearing...

Edited by Ultron

How did the guy get the set pic? was it listed on Amazon or something?

Pictures leak all the time. I'm guessing you wanna know the source of this particular picture is because you're in love with it! Besides, i wouldn't think Amazon would have a toysrus exclusive picture

So, Is there a definite best Age Of Ultron set?

I'm thinking the Hulkbuster or the Quinjet are the most likely candidates for the best set.

How did the guy get the set pic? was it listed on Amazon or something?

It's on the toys r us Canadian website though it's not available for sale yet.

I'm thinking the Hulkbuster or the Quinjet are the most likely candidates for the best set.

For me it's either Quinjet or Avengers Tower. Both are good builds with a good selection of figs.

The Hydra Fortress is listed at $59.99 on Toysrus Canadian website, so it should be $49.99 in the USA makes sense considering there has been a $39.99 to $49.99 set in all of the previous Marvel waves. Do

Also The Quinjet is $99.99 in Canada so it's $79.99, which is More expensive than the Milano.

Edited by Quicksilver

The Quinjet is the best set from Age of Ultron. The Stark tower a close second. The thing I don't like is the fact that there's no door/extra level.

The description from the Hydta Fortress says...

"Hydra Fortress features gates with explode function, lookout point, tower, rooftop rotating double stud shooter with disable function and a power vault for the Loki Scepter with explode function."

So presumably, there is a vault to hold Loki's scepter in the Hydra Base. Unfortunately that means there is no Cell for Quicksilver to break out of.

Edited by Quicksilver

Not sure if anyone has noticed this, but the Minifigure checklist for the age of ultron figs make quicksilver look like josh thunder from the Dino theme back in 2012. They look exactly the same, i think that's awesome if it ends up being the same face just in the flesh color.

Quinjet, without a doubt. Sleek, sexy design, several unique minifigures and a nice price to round it out. It's so much better than the last quinjet.

Hey guys, sorry if this has been clarified already, but I checked and didn't see this resolved in the last couple of pages of discussion.

I saw a site (will find the link after work) report that there was a upcoming Marvel set for $129.99 I believe. Do we think there is another Marvel set we don't know about, or do we think that the reporter got it wrong, and they were actually referring to the new DC set that will be at that price?

FBTB has videos of the sets, including one of the Quinjet. Annoyingly they don't show the rear hatch opening, but there's a shot of the underside. Looks like the hull is made of two large pieces, that open to drop the motorbike.

Hey guys, sorry if this has been clarified already, but I checked and didn't see this resolved in the last couple of pages of discussion.

I saw a site (will find the link after work) report that there was a upcoming Marvel set for $129.99 I believe. Do we think there is another Marvel set we don't know about, or do we think that the reporter got it wrong, and they were actually referring to the new DC set that will be at that price?

We are presuming that they got the new Jokerland set mixed up in the Marvel sub Category.

Best set for me is the Quinjet, it looks phenomenal, has sapce for figs, can drop the bike, comes with the most avengers in any set, most exclusive figures in one set.

I think the Quintet wins, with Hulbuster in second and the Tower in third. Fortress is fourth, Iron Man vs Ultron fifth, and Hydra Snow whatever is the worst for me.

Really like the avengers tower and quinjet, and the spiderman rhino and sandman team up set looks cool too

Does anyone else think the Ultron helmet from the cheap Iron Man/Ultron set would work as Captain America's helmet?

Seriously, look at it. Give it the right color and some printing on the sides (if possible) and it gives the same rounded appearance his head looks like. Probably print his head to incorporate a strap similar to how Flash's head is. I think this would be much smoother than the Flash helmet people keep clamboring for.

The moment I opened the package, that is all I could think of. I'm not even using it for Ultron drones. It doesn't fit with that for me.

Does anyone else think the Ultron helmet from the cheap Iron Man/Ultron set would work as Captain America's helmet?

Seriously, look at it. Give it the right color and some printing on the sides (if possible) and it gives the same rounded appearance his head looks like. Probably print his head to incorporate a strap similar to how Flash's head is. I think this would be much smoother than the Flash helmet people keep clamboring for.

The moment I opened the package, that is all I could think of. I'm not even using it for Ultron drones. It doesn't fit with that for me.

I thought the exact same thing. I threw it on my Cap....and it didn't look quite right. The eyeholes needs to be adjusted, as does how it's cut on the sides of the helmet, but it could conceivably work.

I agree with you. I'm disappointed with the fact that Lego passed the opportunity to make a new Captain "yet again"

I agree with you. I'm disappointed with the fact that Lego passed the opportunity to make a new Captain "yet again"

It doesn't matter what we say sadly.......it's up to Disney to say they want for minifigs plus like the Lucas days with SW sets get their approval for what gets released.

Ditto though on a new Captain......variety is the spice of life they say ! :grin:

The Sandman set looks like a junior set with those big bricks and cartoony stickers. I'm not feeling that set at all. Also poorly designed. Too bad, because i really would like a proper sandman and a redboots spidey. Those red boots will look great on comic cap america too btw.

In the real junior spiderman set we wont get a red boots spidey, so what is wisdom? Wait for next year and hope there will be new spidey sets? Or just cave in and buy the sandman set.

And oh yeah: Go duplo spidey! My daughter will love it.