Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

This is terrifying. I was going to purchase one at the Lego shop today... I'm inclined, with this apparent rash of QC blunders, to open the kit on the spot in the store and demand a replacement if it is missing any bags. The investment that it is, at the very least should offer the satisfaction of building it when purchased.

I've contacted LEGO and, thankfully, they've shipped my missing pieces no problem. They should be here later this week, but I wouldn't worry about not getting your whole set. I just think the numbers weren't in my favor.. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by TheAmazingDarkKnight

This is terrifying. I was going to purchase one at the Lego shop today... I'm inclined, with this apparent rash of QC blunders, to open the kit on the spot in the store and demand a replacement if it is missing any bags. The investment that it is, at the very least should offer the satisfaction of building it when purchased.

On the other hand, I'm wondering if (the recall of 75102 aside) the QC issues on this wave are they same as every other wave - but the SW:TFA hype is pushing these QC incidents to the forefront.

I wouldn't worry. There have been a bunch of reports of issues, but I don't think I've seen a single one that LEGO didn't resolve immediately. Given the number of TFA sets that have been sold, your odds are very low, and even if there's something wrong it'll be fixed.

People liked Kylo Ren's shuttle? I thought it was dreadful - inaccurate and the interior can only fit one figure unless you bend the figures like limbo champions! Add to that its basically a dark grey block with no attempt to hide the studs and costs £100.

It's wonderful we can finally talk about these sets openly now that they are released.

I like most of them, though I most likely will get all of them eventually.

Even ones I did not initially like, one being Kylo Ren's Shuttle, I have warmed up to. Though seeing it in person really got me to like it.Though Kylo Ren's helmet is very oversized and his light saber still makes me kind of sad.

The quality issues do concern me and sadly I have another to report. My friend got me the first order snow speeder and it was missing a whole bag. Thankfully it wasn't one with the minifigures in it but I won't be able to finish it the actual model. I'm a little worried about the other sets as well.

The quality issues are concerning but at least we're dealing with Lego. They are good about replacements. My Poe's X-Wing is fine, no canopy issues. It sounds like others have gotten sets that are fine too.

As far as all the new sets, I'm looking forward to getting most of them. The snowspeeder is probably the set I have the least interest in. Maybe that'll change based on the movie. Initially, I didn't like Kylo Ren's shuttle but that has grown on me, especially after seeing some of the cool and easy mods. That's moved up on my list. I will get a Tie Fighter when it is discounted.

I love the new Millenium Falcon but I do have the previous version. I may cave and get one because I like the new details and figures.

Edited by Rand Holindale

People liked Kylo Ren's shuttle? I thought it was dreadful - inaccurate and the interior can only fit one figure unless you bend the figures like limbo champions! Add to that its basically a dark grey block with no attempt to hide the studs and costs £100.

Actually shuttle can fit 4 minifigs: pilot in the front, 2 minifigs sitting in the back, 1 minifig standing in the back. But shuttle is really inaccurate with wings not folding out, but there are some solutions of this problem.

I've contacted LEGO and, thankfully, they've shipped my missing pieces no problem. They should be here later this week, but I wouldn't worry about not getting your whole set. I just think the numbers weren't in my favor.. :hmpf_bad:

I don't want to annoy you by saying this, but have you opened the one #6 to check if you were missing parts? Because I think none of the sets have a second #6 bag.

I finished building my shuttle today and the instructions confused me for a minute. It looked like I needed two #6 bags (one for each wing) but I only got one. I was thinking I was missing a bag too, but I figured out there is no second #6 bag. All the parts for both wing are in the one #6 bag.

Talking about Kylo's shuttle:

First off, I think the set is incredibly well designed. I love the center part, really digging the tank-with-wings/military look and the details. But the wings... Again great design and I don't even care they don't fold out, but they are way too big for my personal liking ( not LEGO's fault, I know). I'm thinking about modding them by removing the top part. Decreasing the height by +- 10 studs.

I think the Kylo Ren fig looks fine. But I'm still hoping for a mask/hood combination (something like Antimatter's hood) in the future.

6104171.jpg

Edited by bountybossk

Oh dear lego quality control - another instruction error spotted, this time with the Falcon. 2x3 plate in the flap that holds the antena is shown in the wrong spot. It will be easy to spot though as if you follow the instructions the flap will be out of alignment with the others.

Actually shuttle can fit 4 minifigs: pilot in the front, 2 minifigs sitting in the back, 1 minifig standing in the back. But shuttle is really inaccurate with wings not folding out, but there are some solutions of this problem.

I was able to fit all 6 figures in mine. The pilot with the FO officer standing behind him, the two FO crew standing facing each other behind him, and Kylo and Hux sitting on the two sides in the back. Probably could fit another sitting between them,

I fit 7 just to store the homeless guys from the Tie. There is a FO crewman sitting on either side of the ST.

IMAG0343_zpsxil0fwa5.jpg

Edited by pcsguy88

Now that the Force Awakens sets have been out for a week, can anyone say which one is the best set of the line?

I think all the sets are great, but also a bit inflated in price. I decided to buy one on Force Friday and got Poe's X-Wing. I'm just a huge x-wing fan and love the pilot mini figures. Despite having all the OT x-wings and building them before, this one had some interesting differences, esp in the cockpit. A very fun build. I don't know how big a role Poe will have in the movie, but I really like him. It's a great display piece too, the ladder looks cool and the little shuttle gives you a place to put the other figures. I even love the color scheme... after a bit. Plus it comes with BB-8.

A few days later, on an impulse, I also picked up Kylo Ren's Shuttle. It's a lot bigger and heavier than it looks. Display's great with those huge wings. The Kylo Ren figure looks awesome when he has the hood up, other figures are ok... Don't reallly like the FO officer hats... but hey we do get our first female imperial officer. I think I'd like it more if the wings angled like in the trailer... and if it had more black.

The snow speeder does nothing for me... Maybe after the movie comes out it'll be more likeable.

Same with the transporter, looks more like a Clone Wars vehicle than something from the movies.

Tie looks great, but is horribly overpriced. Love the trans-red cockpit windows.

Rey's Speeder is ok. Little boring. If it came with a BB-8...

Falcon I'm sure is great, but I have the previous one and it looks almost exactly the same. Just can't justify purchasing it again for the mini figures and small changes.

So, anyone try to fit BB-8 into the storage space in Rey's speeder? I'm guessing it's too big. (I have the speeder, but not the droid)

Fits nicely, even slightly loose. Really happy about that actually.

So, anyone try to fit BB-8 into the storage space in Rey's speeder? I'm guessing it's too big. (I have the speeder, but not the droid)

Lego BB-8 is way smaller than I expected. It's probably more in scale to humanoid minifigs than say R2-D2.

As others have said, its literally like Lego designed the speeder to fit him.

I don't hate the design of Kylo's Command Shuttle, but what bugging me about that set is the design of the Kylo Ren minifigure in that set. The helmet thingy is way too big and the design of his lightsaber is lackluster. :thumbdown:

I fit 7 just to store the homeless guys from the Tie. There is a FO crewman sitting on either side of the ST.

(Kylo Ren's shuttle picture with interior full with minifigures)

Wow, the interior is a little small to fit 6-7 minifigures. I wonder where's Kylo Ren putted in (or outside) that shuttle. :tongue:

One thing I will also add about Kylo Ren's Shuttle is the boarding ramp, which I thought was cool of Lego to add but the think the execution of it could be better since you cant really display the characters going off board the shuttle since when it's down the characters can't fit under it.

A random thought , Would the Shuttle look better if it were in white or black? Since I think the grey coloring has caused it to look bland or boring on the box IMO.

This is terrifying. I was going to purchase one at the Lego shop today... I'm inclined, with this apparent rash of QC blunders, to open the kit on the spot in the store and demand a replacement if it is missing any bags.

And the winner of the biggest-overreaction-to-the-tiniest-chance-of-a-production-mix-up-which-would-be-quickly-rectified-by-TLG-anyway goes to....

[pauses to build suspense]

Darththeling!

To be fair, it was a category with a LOT of competition.

I got the Millennium Falcon recently, and I have to say, it's an awesome set. All you'd really need to do to convert it to the OT Falcon, is take out the junk on the inside, and replace the dish. It was worth the price to me at least.

Lego has the best QC response of any company I have ever interacted with. I would have no problem buying a set that has this type of QC issue, knowing that Lego will surely fix the problem. Anyone on the fence, should just buy it now rather than risk it later during the holiday shopping season.

Agreed. I've had sets with missing parts before (my UCS Slave I... Ahem) and Lego promptly sent me the missing parts upon my notifying them. I have full faith in their customer service.