Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

There are three figs in the Tie advance set, one of them looked like he had a double bladed lightsaber, so that is probably the inquisitor.

Thnx.

Well, it's only logical the Inquisitor is included in this set since the TIE advanced is his personal starfighter in the Rebels TV series.

Im guessing the hailfire droid will be the companion set to geonosis troopers, but whether they be EPII or CW remains to be seen.

There has been no Hailfire in TCW, so I hope it is AotC. I never felt the Spider Droid was a worthy opponent for the AT-TE and the Gunship.

Anyway, what would be the difference between a TCW and movie version of the Hailfire?

Also just a side note, as Ezra's speeder is the last number, but no doubt one of the smaller sets, it was almost definitely a last minute addition, which means that it will probably be somewhat inaccurate to the scene it represents. i.e. Mandalorian Speeder was a last minute set, which is why Darth Maul had the innacurate costume and legs.

I doubt they would have changed it anyway, the legs are just too cool not to include them.

It would be fairly strange for them to release that as a set... that starfighter isn't part of the SW canon (anymore), is it?

Correct, AFAIK. TCW is still very much canon, but the Microseries not so much. I can think of lots of Legends/EU sets I'd rather see before ever getting an Azure Angel. Initially I liked the ship, mostly for the color scheme, but it really doesn't "fit". It looks like wing extensions were welded on with more guns, the dopey podracer curves at the front were tacked on, and those giant engines slung beneath... "Let's make this MOAR awesome!" It's a mess, like adding a ton of weapons and extra engines to Luke's landspeeder.

I love that Plo Koon's JSF took its color scheme from the AA, and that TCW's Deltas shifted the astromechs to in front of the cockpit so they wouldn't be the integrated head-only droids or the Chopper-size droids the EU flip-flopped on after AOTC hit (let alone the movie's deleted Jedi hangar scene suggesting the droids are regular-sized astromechs whose bodies must vanish into another dimension to fit into the super-thin wings of the Deltas).

Anyway... Long-winded way of saying that if this turns out to be legit, I hope it's configurable as a regular TCW or ROTS-style Plo Koon fighter, too. I remember seeing bad reactions to the TCW Plo set, and I never got around to buying it.

Also obi WANs star fighter! I am excited for a new hailfire droid as I sold my last one.

Anyway, what would be the difference between a TCW and movie version of the Hailfire?

Seeing that the Hailfire has never appeared in TCW, the only difference we would see in the sets it the type of minifigs it includes. Since SW has gone away from TCW, I'd prefer to get minifgs from AotC. There is a plethora of Jedi they can include in that set.

Edited by Sir_Basil_Ashton

Do people actually believe we'll get special Rebels Stormtrooper helmets? I wouldn't be opposed, it just seems kinda unnecessary to me. I don't know that these Disney XD shorts are actually gonna be an indication of what future stuff will look like. That guy with the black hair and orange shirt that we saw in another XD promo looked too much like a fake character LEGO would invent for the shorts, kinda like something from The Yoda Chronicles.

Also, I found this list of all the 2015 sets known as of yet:

http://www.neoape.com/rumored-lego-2015-sets-roundup/

It has the Troop Transport and Shadow Troopers lumped in with the OT sets, which is a really good sign. Then again, the Hailfire Droid and Anakin's Custom Starfighter (which sounds a lot like his ship form the 03-04 CW series) are listed under Rebels, so things may still be a little unclear.

My wishfull thinking wants that Anakin Custom SF to be the Azure Angel and ... to be UCS. Doubt the second part will happen though , sadly.

That cg inquisitor is far from Lego's acctual design.

BY THE LOOKS OF IT.

Anyone else hoping they drop the stylized printing for the new Clone Wars sets? It would be strange for them to keep using the anime faces while Rebels uses the traditional Lego look. I'd love to see Ventress or Ahsoka come with Anakin's Starfighter with the classic pupil eyes.

Also just a side note, as Ezra's speeder is the last number, but no doubt one of the smaller sets, it was almost definitely a last minute addition, which means that it will probably be somewhat inaccurate to the scene it represents. i.e. Mandalorian Speeder was a last minute set, which is why Darth Maul had the innacurate costume and legs.

Ezra's Speeder being the last number only means its a retailer exclusive. Not a last minute addition at all. As for Darth Maul - Lego has never concerned themselves with screen accuracy when it comes to minifigure placement. They probably went with the "robot chicken leg" look because its more iconic and visually interesting than another Maul in dark robes. :classic:

If they are going back to AOTC it would be nice to get a new Jango Fett Slave 1! Maybe Summer wave. Can never have too many Slave 1s!

Jango's Slave I would be cool, but I'm really holding out for a new Bounty Hunter Pursuit. Zam and Biggs are the only characters that are long overdue for a flesh update.

possibly, but I rather doubt it. the only retailer that would care about an exclusive set is the one that gets it I'd imagine, so a broad catalog likely wont have it (this is all a guess though)