Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Perhaps the redo was for TFA? Some of the preliminary imagery for the new storm troopers would seem to confirm this.

Not exactly. The 2014 mould of the snow trooper was specifically designed for the OT Imperial storm trooper. I'm a huge fan of the 2014 snow trooper (and commander) and I think the new mould looks much better than the old one.

As for The Force Awakens...

There's a big chance we will see a First Order snow trooper minifig in the First Order snowspeeder set. The new snow trooper will most definitely have a new mould for the helmet as it is very different compared to the OT snow trooper. Here's an image of the new First Order snow trooper as revealed during Star Wars Celebration this year.

2aeou3d.jpg

On the topic of new moulds, here is a list of the new pieces I believe we'll likely be seeing in these sets.

BB-8: I'm not sure how LEGO plan on tackling this little guy, but I bet it'll involve a specialty mould.

Rey: Her hair and her head wraps/goggles, which I believe will be two separate moulds.

Poe Dameron: His helmet. Needs to be a new piece.

Kylo Ren: His face mask/hood (which I think should just be one piece), and his lightsaber hilt

Captain Phasma: Helmet and probably an interesting little cape.

Various First Order Troopers: Helmets and perhaps weapons. We've had the same old blasters since 2007, perhaps some new variations would be nice to add to the arsenal.

On the topic of new moulds, here is a list of the new pieces I believe we'll likely be seeing in these sets.

BB-8: I'm not sure how LEGO plan on tackling this little guy, but I bet it'll involve a specialty mould.

Rey: Her hair and her head wraps/goggles, which I believe will be two separate moulds.

Poe Dameron: His helmet. Needs to be a new piece.

Kylo Ren: His face mask/hood (which I think should just be one piece), and his lightsaber hilt

Captain Phasma: Helmet and probably an interesting little cape.

Various First Order Troopers: Helmets and perhaps weapons. We've had the same old blasters since 2007, perhaps some new variations would be nice to add to the arsenal.

Don't forget

Maz Kanata (probably) and (in case they get made) her goons (just look at the Vanity Fair shoot) and maybe Snoke. Maybe not in this wave but in january.

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

While Phasma's helmet seems a little different from standard First Order stormies (sharper edge on the bottom of the front), I think Lego will just use the same mold for both. The new TIE helmet and those of the flametroopers and snowtroopers have far more pronounced differences than Phasma's.

While Phasma's helmet seems a little different from standard First Order stormies (sharper edge on the bottom of the front), I think Lego will just use the same mold for both. The new TIE helmet and those of the flametroopers and snowtroopers have far more pronounced differences than Phasma's.

True, but its still a variant of a type of helmet. Its no different than the current Kashyyk and Geonosis clone trooper helmets. Same piece, different colour.

What I really wonder about Phasma is whether LEGO will go the extra mile and actually chrome her. They could just use their standard metallic colours, but if their ability to make trans-coloured body pieces has improved such as it has, than perhaps their minifigure-chroming techniques have also improved. One can only hope.

They could always make Phasma the May 4th promo next year if they have an issue with a chrome fig in a regular set.

True, but its still a variant of a type of helmet. Its no different than the current Kashyyk and Geonosis clone trooper helmets. Same piece, different colour.

What I really wonder about Phasma is whether LEGO will go the extra mile and actually chrome her. They could just use their standard metallic colours, but if their ability to make trans-coloured body pieces has improved such as it has, than perhaps their minifigure-chroming techniques have also improved. One can only hope.

I suspect they will do a chrome Phasma. If TLG does not, it will be quite similar to the Shadow Troopers from 75079. The chrome process would be good but my only reservation was TC-14 did not receive the chrome treatment under the arms. I'm hoping they don't have the same issue.

Not exactly. The 2014 mould of the snow trooper was specifically designed for the OT Imperial storm trooper. I'm a huge fan of the 2014 snow trooper (and commander) and I think the new mould looks much better than the old one.

As for The Force Awakens...

There's a big chance we will see a First Order snow trooper minifig in the First Order snowspeeder set. The new snow trooper will most definitely have a new mould for the helmet as it is very different compared to the OT snow trooper. Here's an image of the new First Order snow trooper as revealed during Star Wars Celebration this year.

2aeou3d.jpg

I do like the new mould for the snow troopers but you know how they reuse existing pieces. Considering the photo you may be right about a new mould for them. I'm actually pretty excited to see the final look of the mini-figures.

Edited by Wodanis

Those prices are going to slam Australian shoppers, ours tend to be almost double the $US price.... ������

Well your minimum wage is around double to ours so that may factor into it.

Edited by Neomars

HI Robianco. Good reasoning. I hadn't forgotten sales tax and had meant to add that as a line at the end, but forgot. I can remember doing the mental math during one visit to the US one year, and still bought a UCS set because of the huge saving. It may not be worth pinning our hopes on another UCS set this year as they don't release two SW UCS sets every year (only one in 2013 - Red Five, and one in 2011 - Execuor). Also,with the sets already released, the TFA sets to be released in September, six Battle Figures, plus who knows what else, it may be that TLG has released news for all the sets of this year. I, for one, will be happy to wait until early next year for another UCS . . . allow the bank account to recover a little.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I don't think we can pay much too much attention to past history of UCS releases to gauge when TLG wil release another. Demand, and subsequently supply, of Lego seems to be growing exponentially. They just released 55 or so sets in the latest wave and with the release of so much tie-in content such as Dimensions, Worlds, Lego movie sequel/spin-offs, and of course TFA, demand and supply will invariably increase. This will also bring more AFOLs into the mix, the typical demographic for expensive UCS purchases. Financially speaking, I too would be happy if there was no more UCS sets released this year!

Ha ha! I find it hilarious you could even think that's a possibility. Lego execs: 'Those affluent types on minimum wage can afford a bit more, they'll only blow the cash on Rolex watches otherwise...'

Edited by TheBrickHitHouse

Minimum wage affects a lot more than just minimum-wage earners though - the median wage is around double as well, which probably does factor into consumer product pricing. If we really wanted to settle the whole who-pays-more contest, we could list each country's price for the entire TFA range as a function of the hourly post-tax wage of, say, the average third-quintile earner in that country, or maybe fifth-decile, but that's more research than I really feel like doing this early in the morning. :tongue:

The tl;dr version: everyone is going to be spending more than they'd really like to.

I'd just like to point out that 1 U.S dollar is

Well our cost of living is also so much more as well...

Right, completely forgot about cost-of-living adjustments, which in Australia presumably includes thousands of dollars in exterminator bills if my Google image search for "Australian spider" is at all accurate...

I don't actually know very much about Australia, guys.

I am afraid that if there is going to be a captain phasma fig will have the same color/material than jango fett's helmet.

The recommended Euro shop prices for this wave is pretty high... but licensed sets are always more expensive. Like legolandia I never pay the full price for any lego set. I know a couple of online shops in the Netherlands that sell lego much cheaper than the well-known toy shops. Look at these battle pack sets... they go for 15 euros in a normal toy shop, while the online shops sell the same set for 10 euros. For bigger sets I am talking about a price difference of 10 to 30 euros per set (the bigger the set the bigger the price difference). Last time I bought the whole elves themed wave online in the Netherlands and saved 70 euros compared to what it would have cost me in a toy shop. I also purchased the first wave of Hobbit sets earlier and saved about the same amount of money. You just have to buy new lego sets at the right time: just when the sets are released and competition between various online shops is biggest... that's when the prices will drop to the lowest possible. After that (the first 2 months or so) the shops are either sold out or are low in stock and thus prices will rise again to recommended shop prices.

May I ask where you buy your Lego for those prices?

Minimum wage affects a lot more than just minimum-wage earners though - the median wage is around double as well, which probably does factor into consumer product pricing. If we really wanted to settle the whole who-pays-more contest, we could list each country's price for the entire TFA range as a function of the hourly post-tax wage of, say, the average third-quintile earner in that country, or maybe fifth-decile, but that's more research than I really feel like doing this early in the morning. :tongue:

The tl;dr version: everyone is going to be spending more than they'd really like to.

I dont think its that complicated. Just look at the City Sets.

60092 costs 40US$ or 30€.

60089 costs 120US$ or 90€.

Has lego ever put a chrome minifigure in a set? I'm really hoping they do it with captain phasma.

I don't think they have. Chrome Phasma would be pretty cool, but I'd bet anything she won't show up in the sets.

That's what I was meaning to say. And along with the cost of living, everything is more expensive in place where you earn more. Of course it's not all the same in the US either with big cities like LA and New York having high cost of living and wages than where I live, but its not too far off.

well, here in Peru (latin america) cost of living is cheap, minimum wage is very low. And LEGO is 2.5 to 3 (not licensed/licensed sets) times the price in USD. i dont want to sound like a brat, but if you are living out of minimum wage, you should probably stay away from collecting LEGO products. Here in Peru, its considered a very high class toy/hobby (I.e 30 bucks for a battlepack, 600 for the slave 1). So when you even consider complaining about prices just remember my silly country :)

back on topic, yeah a chromed captain phasma included in a set does not seem likely at all , as said before, kids buy this stuff , they are the primary target, and most kids play and will play rough with the figures. I dont know if most remember, but those light saber hilts, the chromed ones, peeled off quite easily from just regular play. Hell, i was very careful and managed to get most of the chrome intact for several months but still it wore off, the only 2 fully intact chrome hilts i got are still displayed on their blister, being the ones that were included with the darth vader/obi wan/chewbacca magnet set.

Edited by scorchfire

Since I live in the United States, LEGO prices are not terribly high like they are in some other countries. My neighbor, who goes to Brazil for work sometimes, is often asked by the Brazilian people he works with, to bring LEGO sets with him when he comes, so they can get them cheap off of him.

Anyway, I think the most likely thing for LEGO to do with captain phasma is to give her that metallic silver color.

well, here in Peru (latin america) cost of living is cheap, minimum wage is very low. And LEGO is 2.5 to 3 (not licensed/licensed sets) times the price in USD. i dont want to sound like a brat, but if you are living out of minimum wage, you should probably stay away from collecting LEGO products. Here in Peru, its considered a very high class toy/hobby (I.e 30 bucks for a battlepack, 600 for the slave 1). So when you even consider complaining about prices just remember my silly country :)

So true, and not only pricey but also hard to find and sets use hit the shelves 6 months later in my country (even though is right below the US), I have to think twice before getting any sets so I go only for the ones I really want.

back on topic, yeah a chromed captain phasma included in a set does not seem likely at all , as said before, kids buy this stuff , they are the primary target, and most kids play and will play rough with the figures. I dont know if most remember, but those light saber hilts, the chromed ones, peeled off quite easily from just regular play. Hell, i was very careful and managed to get most of the chrome intact for several months but still it wore off, the only 2 fully intact chrome hilts i got are still displayed on their blister, being the ones that were included with the darth vader/obi wan/chewbacca magnet set.

Yes, it happens with both type of chroming, the oldest and glossy one and the later one (like the assassin droids), I would prefer a chrome effect like the one we see on C3-PO or Jango Fett's helmet within the plastic material of the bricks, but I am not very concerned because I most likely wont be buying any episode VII sets.

Hi

since when are local Lego prices a Star Wars rumor? Guys, please stay with the topic.

Dino

Sorry guys I've really been struggling to get on this forum in the past 2-3 months. To be quite honest I've not really invested in that much Lego this year however that's going to be changing in the next month or so. :grin: Anyway I would really appreciate it if you could let me know what I've missed?