Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Ok, still no news about the new EchoBase set.

I was thinking: since an EchoBase set was released just a few years ago maybe Lego is taking a different approach this time. Looking at the Avengers Helicarrier I was thinking: what are the chances Lego produces a microfig scale EchoBase?

I really hope this isn't the case, what do you guys think?

I think it is unlikely that Echo Base would be in microfig scale. There are so many Hoth sets already out in system scale, and sets tend to go together. Lego wouldn't come out with something that's not compatible with the recently released Snowspeeder and AT-AT. It wouldn't make any business sense. So I think you're safe.

Honestly spoken, i don't think that they would go that path. The SW line of TLG is heavily focused on minifigs. Most sets are being designed around them and not the reverse, i think.

I actually don't know if that Echo base rumor is reliable. If just a rumor - why not expecting a new Cloud City?! ESB most likely the most famous episode. While the battle on Hoth is pretty memorable, so is Bespin and the movie scenes on it. I pretty much prefer this over the x-th Echo Base incarnation.

By the way, i am surprised that no SW-pics from the toy fairs trickle through. Isn't at least the first supposed to be over already?

By the way, i am surprised that no SW-pics from the toy fairs trickle through. Isn't at least the first supposed to be over already?

Nuremburg didn't allow people to take pictures of the Star Wars sets. And London didn't allow any pictures. However, on the bright side, the New York fair is starting very soon.

I don't really like these new microfigures. I mean they're pretty cool, however I prefer minfigs. I really don't want them in Star Wars sets, and I don't think Echo Base would be a good for them.

Ok, still no news about the new EchoBase set.

I wouldn't expect any news for a while. Since the release is September, we'll MAYBE here about it at SDCC 2015, like the Tumbler from last year. But no earlier, in terms of official news. I mean, the Helicarrier was revealed a month before it's release, much like other D2C sets.

I wouldn't expect any news for a while. Since the release is September, we'll MAYBE here about it at SDCC 2015, like the Tumbler from last year. But no earlier, in terms of official news. I mean, the Helicarrier was revealed a month before it's release, much like other D2C sets.

I was not aware that there was going to be a new Echo Base set. So many new, cool sets for summer 2015. Some are being released at different times, right? Some in June, some in September?

I was not aware that there was going to be a new Echo Base set. So many new, cool sets for summer 2015. Some are being released at different times, right? Some in June, some in September?

That is correct. One might assume why there will be two releases is because of Star Wars episode VII

Well from what we know and what we can supose from last years.

UCS Tie: May the Fourth (like last year Sandcrawler)

Summer set Ep I to VI: June

Episode VII sets: september

UCS Echo base: October (like Tumbler last year and Ewok Village 2 years ago UCS Slave I release date was an exception from what I heard)

I think that is pretty much the "official" release dates from all the information of the last pages and leaks we have so far from around the web.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by duboismerci

It was a joke. I, for one, actually love everything Disney has done (get rid of the EU, make Rebels, etc.) The way I said it, I thought it came across as a joke, but I guess not. Maybe I should've added one of these: :tongue:

Ah, gotcha. Sorry about that.

Do we know if the new DK book Lego Star Wars in 100 Scenes will have a minifugre included or not? Thanks.

Looking at the cover I don't think so.

These prices posted a member in the German forum imperiumdersteine.de

75099 26,- / 75100 50,- / 75101 70,- / 75102 90,- / 75103 100,- / 75104 120,- / 75105 150,-

All prices are in Euro according to his source.

http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/index.php?/topic/41799-star-wars-2015-diskussionsthread/page-25#entry741368

Pretty serious prices. Is the new movie going to be that good, that we're willing to pay 600 euros for it?

The 150 and 70 sets must be the Falcon and the new X-Wing. JediNews reported that a source comfirmed this.

The previous Falcon and X-Wing were......exactly: 150 and 70 (just checked this on Brickset :wink: )

I bet one set is a playset. Maybe this? (Palpatines Arrest......Final Duel......now this?)

Regarding ships.....this one? (great!) I bet this one is a contender as well....

Regarding the minifigs: sure we'll get the main cast.....but besides that I hope this one in the right corner is featured just like this one (maybe that one is featured along with this vehicle?) and this favorite: the JJ Abrams alien.

This is the one I'm really hoping we get.

I hope we'll get all the sets of which I've posted links to the concept art......but yes, that one's a beauty and would make a great Lego model and I bet that's not just a simple ship that's only briefly seen.....so chances it'll be a real set are big. I think. I hope. It's a long wait.......... :laugh:

The 150 and 70 sets must be the Falcon and the new X-Wing. JediNews reported that a source comfirmed this.

The previous Falcon and X-Wing were......exactly: 150 and 70 (just checked this on Brickset :wink: )

I bet one set is a playset. Maybe this? (Palpatines Arrest......Final Duel......now this?)

Regarding ships.....this one? (great!) I bet this one is a contender as well....

Regarding the minifigs: sure we'll get the main cast.....but besides that I hope this one in the right corner is featured just like this one (maybe that one is featured along with this vehicle?) and this favorite: the JJ Abrams alien.

Um, the vehicle being pulled by that large critter is an old x-wing... I don't see them coming together.

Um, the vehicle being pulled by that large critter is an old x-wing... I don't see them coming together.

spoiler coming:

there are rumors the X-Wing being towed by Rey's green pig is Poe Dameron's.....which means it's the new X-Wing thats towed. It's concept art which can differ from the final version.