Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Quick before it's gone! An article on Yahoo lead me to this and it shows a lot of the new ships. We get a better look at what to expect the First Order Star Destroyer looks like.

There is lots of stuff to get excited about in that Hasbro catalogue. Budgeting for the onslaught of new 'toys' is going to cause some grief. The First Order Star Destroyer looks awesome. I hope Lego decide to give it the UCS treatment!

I was going to hold off on any TFA purchases until we get closer to the movie release date....

....but I don't know if I can pass up all these sets for a few months. :grin:

Even if TLG had factories from here to every planet in a galaxy far, far away I doubt they will be able to keep up with demand for the run up to Christmas. Delay it and you will probably miss out. I think the early release of toys will be a good yardstick for just how much hype the movie will generate come Dec.

Edited by Markalus

Even if TLG had factories on every planet from here to every planet in a galaxy far, far away I doubt they will be able to keep up with demand for the run up to Christmas. Delay it and you will probably miss out. I think the early release of toys will be a good yardstick for just how much hype the movie will generate come Dec.

This is a really good point in general. Hmmm... I may need to re-think my purchase strategy...

That would be smart. Get a free 3-P0 with any The Force Awakens LEGO purchase. We can dream...

I heard that it will be available in November. The force Friday Promo seems to be a FO Snowtrooper polybag...

Just out of curiosity, will LEGO stores be opening at midnight or just TRU and some Walmarts and Targets? If so, VIP points could come in handy :wink:

What is wrong with getting them in the morning?

Just out of curiosity, will LEGO stores be opening at midnight or just TRU and some Walmarts and Targets? If so, VIP points could come in handy :wink:

They will not be participating in any Force Friday festivities. They will be getting the sets in, but they will be opening for normal store hours only. Or at least that's the info I got from my store.

Edited by Penkid11

Has there been any new information about Anakin's podracer? I wish it came with episode 1 c-3po.

I'm assuming that anyone who looked at the back of the box images has seen the fact that Kylo's head is in fact black with his mask printed on. Personally, I actually think it looks pretty sharp. Perhaps give him the black leg dress they gave Ventress back in 2008 and he'd look really awesome.

Also, and I can't tell for sure, but from the angle of the picture, it looks a little bit like theres little characters on the Dejarik board in Han's ship. Could be totally wrong, but that would be a really cool detail if they could pull it off.

I can't find the link to look at the back of the boxes anywhere - is it somewhere in this tread or was it deleted really quickly?

I can't find the link to look at the back of the boxes anywhere - is it somewhere in this tread or was it deleted really quickly?

Pm sent

Has there been any new information about Anakin's podracer? I wish it came with episode 1 c-3po.

Wrong thread.

That suppose to been discussed at 2016 Star Wars Sets rumors forum,not here.

The hooded version of Kylo looks great as well, so they really used the best solution by giving us both a helmet and a minifig head with a printed mask :wub: Speaking of Kylo: is it just me or is Kylos lightsaber piece one of the most versatile parts TLG has produced in quite some time? I mean it's a bar with four ends, which allows for a variety of SNOT techniques to be implemented or connectivity to all sorts of technic pieces :sweet: I can't wait to see the first MOCs making use of it :thumbup:

The hooded version of Kylo looks great as well, so they really used the best solution by giving us both a helmet and a minifig head with a printed mask :wub: Speaking of Kylo: is it just me or is Kylos lightsaber piece one of the most versatile parts TLG has produced in quite some time? I mean it's a bar with four ends, which allows for a variety of SNOT techniques to be implemented or connectivity to all sorts of technic pieces :sweet: I can't wait to see the first MOCs making use of it :thumbup:

Yes, it is a very versatile piece. Im sure we will get one in light bluish gray soon. But, as versatile as it is, Kylo's lightsaber is a fail.

Edited by Lego Fett

Yes, it is a very versatile piece. Im sure we will get one in light bluish gray soon. But, as versatile as it is, Kylo's lightsaber is a fail.

I don't believe its a fail. There have been lots of mock up designs for what his saber could've been, with a small red bar and a normal blade in a special molded hilt. However, those sorts of connections, where any sort of LEGO rod gets pushed too far into a hole, are considered 'illegal' by the LEGO System standards. The solution they came up with is simple, it looks pretty good, and it allows one unique pice to be created and used however they like. Plus, its pretty cool having a standard pearl grey lightsaber hilt.

EDIT: Just noticed all the images are gone from my signature. Guessing this is thanks to the Disney Embargo. No big deal.

Edited by Fives

agreed I really dislike how Kylo Ren's lightsaber looks. I've seen some great designs across the web about how his sabers hilt should look like. Obviously the best solution was to combine standart lightsaber hilt with Ninjago nunchucks handle. But for some reason Lego choose different route. I just hope they improve Ren's lightsaber hilt in the future sets.

Hey....can I get a PM of Kylo with his hood on? I missed out on it....

Same here, it would be great if someone could PM the back of the box for kylo's set. Thanks

Hey....can I get a PM of Kylo with his hood on? I missed out on it....

I don't have his picture but I saw it and he definitely looks much better than with his helmet on.

I guess I haven't weighed in on the "products" based on the new "Star Wars movie" that's rumored to release sometime "this year." Personally, I don't believe in all of this superstition about this supposed merchandise. Star Wars has never, ever, ever been about making toys. It's ludicrous to assume that this movie would be any different.

It is disappointing that the lead villain's craft doesn't exactly match the one seen in the trailer for the film, but overall I'm a big fan of the look of the model. The build will probably be tedious though. The figures are nice, is that an unnamed evil female "person with hat" that I see? On the whole, I'm loving the diversity in ethnicity and gender - this isn't your grandpa's Star Wars! I mean... theoretically it wouldn't be, if there was a Star Wars movie coming out this year. Which there might be, who knows.

The boat-like lander is one of the stand-outs for me. I couldn't have been more bored when the set name, price, and figures were nothing was leaked, but now I'm fully on board. This might be a day one purchase, but probably not, because the prices for these sets are absurd. I mean, they would be, if we knew the prices, I'm just making informed guesses here.

The flying hamburger and letter fighter are definitely the ones I'll be carrying when I leave the store on September 4th(*). "Iconic" figures (only rumored, of course) and nicely detailed models. The hamburger has a little too much copy/paste from its previous incarnation, but I'll manage. It's only mostly a waste of money. The letter fighter is so cool. I can't wait to open that sacred cardboard vessel and gently stroke the plastic contents that it houses.

(*) Speaking of, which shops are hosting the event? TRU? Target? The LEGO Store? Whole Foods?

The only real disappointment is the small airship that is adapted to the cold (references? Acknowledge my genius, please?). It's just so... bland and uninspired. From the ship itself to the figures, nothing impresses me. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see it in action on the big screen. Probably not. In any case, I'll pick it up for free when they start shoveling all of the unbought merchandise into a landfill.

Edited by montyofmusic

I am wondering at this point if the wings of Kylo Ren's lander even fold at all? The only time we have seen it was in the first trailer a while ago. Lots of changes happen in post production. I know that Disney didn't even want to show at trailer at that time but JJ insisted. So in all reality things could have changed drastically from that point.