Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Now, this is a little like last year, but...

...there's still hope. Look at that greyed out box called "Exclusive". We had the same thing last year, and it turned out to be the Tumbler for DC. But, we have three boxes for the three sets revealed (the Batmobile, the Ninjago Temple, and the Storm Trooper), so maybe that could be an Episode 7 set? Or, it's probably Angry Birds. Don't feel any Mixels being revealed like last year and the year before.

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned Angry Birds would be shown. :wink:

They'd better reveal SOMETHING from TFA, or I'll lose my mind. Do they really expect to keep everyone in the dark when we're only 2 months from release?

I'd like to know what I'm spending hundreds of dollars on in September.

This whole secrecy thing is ruining the hype for both the movie and the merchandise...

Edited by Nokturn

They'd better reveal SOMETHING from TFA, or I'll lose my mind. Do they really expect to keep everyone in the dark when we're only 2 months from release?

This whole secrecy thing is ruining the hype for both the movie and the merchandise...

The fact that you'd lose your mind means you're in anticipation which means you're hyped. :wink:

That being said, I'm sure we'll see something from SDCC. They had a "Force Friday" poster on the convention floor so it looks as if Lucasfilm will be showing some merchandise.

New video is pretty cool. I hope there is more into this exciting set. Cant wait to see official pictures of the box.

Do they really expect to keep everyone in the dark when we're only 2 months from release?

Yes they do intend to.

It's called promoting a film to make billions of dollars. They won't reveal anything to soon or everything all at one time or people will lose interest and forget about the film. And that old Jedi mind trick seems to be working on you.

Edited by sologuy369

Plastic toys.

....How? If you're curious about the sets and constantly awaiting news on them, isn't that building hype? But whatever.....

Plastic toys.

I think you mean "a highly sophisticated inter-locking brick system."

If they don't show us anything new from TFA, sure its disappointing, but like many people have been saying, the sets come out in two months. Two months really isn't that long. However, do I really believe that LEGO won't show us at least some images? No.

I expect them to have one set on display at SDCC, and my guess would be Rey's speeder. Any of the other sets could potentially reveal too much of the story.

I expect them to have one set on display at SDCC, and my guess would be Rey's speeder. Any of the other sets could potentially reveal too much of the story.

Rey's Speeder is the safest bet, yeah. But I don't see how revealing other sets would spoil the story.

We've already seen Kylo Ren's Shuttle in the second teaser, for example.

Rey's Speeder is the safest bet, yeah. But I don't see how revealing other sets would spoil the story.

We've already seen Kylo Ren's Shuttle in the second teaser, for example.

The sets themselves may not reveal much, but the scenes that they depict might. Then again, all the sets are vehicles, so they could get away with showing us more.

All I'm really hoping for is a good look at some of the new heroes in minifig form. If they simply revealed the minifigures from all the sets, I'd be a happy bantha.

The fact that the sets will be released in two months means that we'll probably be seeing pictures soon, SDCC or not.

The big Ninjago set was announced yesterday, so the normal sets of other themes will probably have their pictures pop up fairly soon.

I think you mean "a highly sophisticated inter-locking brick system."

Yes, that. :thumbup:Really though, sometimes it seems like certain people on here don't even approve of their own hobby... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Edited by General Magma

Brickset has the outline of Lego events at SDCC up on their website and under Saturday's SW reveal they listed this:

11:00am Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens Stormtrooper set reveal.

Now Lego may have something up their sleeve still, but Huw is typically in the know. It looks like we may have to wait a bit more for Episode 7 pics.

Brickset has the outline of Lego events at SDCC up on their website and under Saturday's SW reveal they listed this:

11:00am Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens Stormtrooper set reveal.

Now Lego may have something up their sleeve still, but Huw is typically in the know. It looks like we may have to wait a bit more for Episode 7 pics.

Lego posted that schedule before, more recently they posted the full press release, that matched with that. but as mentioend before the press release doesent mention angry birds wich some site said would be at sdcc lego booth. so they could have omitted something more about epi7 aswell.

Well, I'm glad we seem to be getting a Wes Janson figure, but Wedge would have to be there as well.

The Ion Cannon looks ok, but it's lego, so there are limitations. Nice nod to the ISD Tyrant / Rebel Dream on the Cannon's targeting system though.

Meh, personally, the secrecy bores me. Movie will probably be average in that case, sets might be decent.

Few small things I noticed:

- Happy to see the printing on the Snowtroopers is the same as the 2014 version (only difference seems to be a metallic silver backpack)

I noticed this too and it doesn't make any sense to me.

Why would they make it metallic silver?

While I don't mind the secrecy of these sets, I'm pretty sure they aren't being hidden for spoiler-related reasons. They're all vehicles and I think 80% of the figures we'll be getting are of characters that have already been revealed. Vehicle sets generally don't do the best jobs of accurately depicting scenes anyway (just look at the new Sith Infiltrator).

Nice nod to the ISD Tyrant / Rebel Dream on the Cannon's targeting system though.

Fun fact, the ISD Tyrant switches from an ISD I to an ISD II from scene to scene since they used both models for it. The first time you see it, it's the old model, so wookiepedia calls it an ISD I. But in the scenes where it's actually hit by the ion cannon, it's clearly an ISD II. The last scene where you see it, you can even see the engines, which is the easiest way to tell. So, the only possible canonical explanation is that the scene is actually showing two different star destroyers at different times and that the Tyrant is an ISD II (if it indeed was the one that got hit by the ion cannon in that scene, anyway). Such are the problems faced by nerds who try to resolve the ambiguities created by the fact that the special effects guys were probably just filming something else with the new ISD model that day so they used the old model as a stand in for one scene.

But yes, I also liked the sticker showing a Star Destroyer being targeted.

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned Angry Birds would be shown. :wink:

Never mind, it was Mixels. :hmpf_bad:

Like other IPs, who knows if the stuff they show for TFA will even be accurate to scenes from the final movie. Age of Ultron had Cap A on a cycle when it should have been Widow, for example.

Really though, sometimes it seems like certain people on here don't even approve of their own hobby... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I assume that was directed to me, so I'll respond: Why would I think that at all? I love LEGO; it's my favorite hobby--but I hope you realize that they are, in fact, plastic toys made for children. It's not insulting my own hobby, it's stating a fact.

SPOILER WARNING

The information below contains speculation about an upcoming Episode VII set - based on recent information of the movie's cast.

According to makingstarwars.net, there will be a 'hotshot' X-Wing pilot named Jessika Pava (codename 'Blue Three'). If LEGO knew about this in advance, I think her minifigure would fit very well with Poe's W-Wing set (similar to the interchangeable pilot/droid combo in the most recent X-Wing).

Edited by Lynx

I assume that was directed to me, so I'll respond: Why would I think that at all? I love LEGO; it's my favorite hobby--but I hope you realize that they are, in fact, plastic toys made for children. It's not insulting my own hobby, it's stating a fact.

..& Football is all about adult men with very long socks running after a round thing.

If that was your point - you're correct & it was kind of funny to read. But it's reasonable people interpretate your post the way they did :wink:

Playing with plastic toys just isn't as popular as running after round things - or starring into an electric box for hours :tongue:

So please forgive us our complexes :grin:

Wow that was offtopic!

About the Hoth set: I'm afraid there isn't too much about it other than a modern combination of 3-4 standard price basic hoth sets..

Stuff like the Ion Canon will drive the piece count up :sceptic:

But still it's always awesome to make our favourite ground battle scene bigger & better!

The female soldier also doesn't look like Leia to me!

Photo from the same facebook mexican seller from last week

11692603_1629827780562560_342228274296813659_n.jpg

Edited by geobrush