Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Oh lord... We could get another (redesigned) snowspeeder with this set. Thought I noticed some orange details on the back and I've just paused the video at the right time. The flaps on the wings connect to orange "1X2 plates with sticks". Those plates are dark grey in the 2014 version... That's the only difference I can find for now.

The 2X3 slopes on the back of the Snowspeeder's wing are orange too (dark grey on the 2014 snowspeeder). I'm sure hoping there won't be a new snowspeeder in the new Echo Base set...

By the looks of things also, R3-A2. If Im not mistaken? Looks stunning :wub:

Yeah I think you're right!

post-126122-0-61495900-1436304461_thumb.jpg

Edited by ScottyHaze

Well, if that is the set, i'm going to have to buy two of them. I just love Hoth stuff, and I want to build a huge base. I never did get a K-3po, and I like the other little droid, too. :laugh:

Why on earth is there a clutch gear on the hangar bay door? No reason for that without power functions...

More importantly, would they actually put a wampa AND a tauntaun in the same set? Instant buy if so.

I have just rewatched and screenshoted (is that a word?)

There are 2 snow speeders and they look very similar to the current offering (I have 12)

This is clearly designed to go along with the current snow speeders and at at walkers. Hans is def there.

This video is very much needed. Most of us were curious how this hoth base would end up looking like and for the rumored "$200" dollars I hope to see much much more. Thank you for the video!

disappointed that the Leia figure has a ponytail hairpiece instead of what she was using before in 2011.

I thought that was supposed to be Toryn Farr...

I can't seem to find that video featuring the base. What's its title? Is there a link to a YouTube mirror? Much appreciated. :)

The Hoth Echo Base set is looking really good. I was expecting the Ion Cannon to be its own set in the near future, but I think I actually prefer the mini version here. Although as someone who owns the Wampa Cave set from 2010, I hope we don't get a Wampa in this set. It just seems like it would take away from the possibility of something else instead. But that's sort of selfish reasoning. Hopefully we can also get some new Hoth battle packs next year with the new Snowtroopers and Rebel troopers.

I can't seem to find that video featuring the base. What's its title? Is there a link to a YouTube mirror? Much appreciated. :)

It's under the Movies section on the site. It's Episode 11 and called "Battle of Hoth".

Hoth is my favorite section of SW.

I was very ansious to see the New hoth set, but for me, based ON the video, it just looks like a big 7666.( blast, i have 2)

HoPe it surprises me in its release

It's under the Movies section on the site. It's Episode 11 and called "Battle of Hoth".

Thanks! Just saw it.

The base looks good! Looks like we'll be getting the sliding doors, ion cannon, shield generator, and the front outpost. They'll go well nicely with last year's Snowspeeder!

Do we have a price for this set, by the way?

Not a bad looking set. Hanger doors, control room, turrets and shield generators all seem to be included. The minifigure selection is nice too. Hopefully Leia will get a head with new facial expressions, the new head in the Tyridium is nice but we could definitely use a couple more facial expressions for her.

Definitely seems like there will be a new snowspeeder to pad out the set.

Oddly the Wampa cave is a new design, perhaps they intend to include that in the set too. Now if they include that in there too I can see this being a $200 set.

It looks like the supposed "Echo Base" is just "door with a few control panels on hinges, and some turrets outside that waste parts." Seriously, this set has the same problem as the 2011 version: it's cramming too many scenes into one set. From what we've seen, it has the control room, the hangar, the trenches, the wampa cave, and the shield generator, and none of these sections are complete; they're just small pieces of each scene. Factor in the snowspeeders (there might be two of them!), and this set has no value outside of minifigures.

(That K-3PO tho....)

If you look closely at the back of the hanger door you can see an axle thing along the top. Maybe for making the doors close simultaneously?

The ion cannon is rather chunky. It doesn't seem like something they would put in a set but considering Kylo Ren's Shuttle, maybe I'm wrong.

Multiple scenes have been crammed into one set before (10188 Death Star), so maybe that's what they're trying to achieve. Also, does this really qualify as a UCS set? When I heard that there was going to be a USC Echo Base, I imagined a big, detailed shield generator and a control room with exclusive minifigs.

It seems this is more of a Hoth play set then a Hoth base set..

Regardless, it has peaked my interest with those vast range of minifigures. But PLEASE DON'T INCLUDE ANOTHER SNOWSPEEDER.

^Probably a replacement for the Endor playset?

I didn't see many bricks in the wampa cave shot, just it, Luke, the lightsaber, then Han on the tauntaun. Not really a lot of parts in use there to take away from the base itself.

Oh, and if there's going to be a new UCS Millennium Falcon, my money is on a release with the just announced 2nd standalone film, to be focused on Han Solo's backstory.

...and don't even TRY and complain about spoilers, because the future existence of a movie isn't spoiling anything when we know so much about the character's backstory already! :tongue:

Edited by rollermonkey

And we are sure this is a UCS playset? Because, comparing it, say, to the Ewok Village the actual base part of the set is very small. Unless of course Lego were only showing part of it in the video and there is still more to come.

Even if it were her, the hairpiece is still inaccurate.

But still much closer to Toryn's hair than to the Leia's hair, and considering that her hairpiece in the new Tydirium shuttle set would be perfect also for Hoth Leia, it would be just dumb to use that hairpiece visible in the video. So I believe it is Toryn indeed.

And I'm afraid we will get at least one snowspeeder in this set... While the design seems to be very close if not identical to the last years one, the colors are different.

Edited by Vodnik